Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2008, 18:44   #3331
BANNED

Why do you ask that? Are you on Cow-Dung diet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Diabloo, I guess you must be under General Anaesthesia by now (let me know in case that's too difficult to understand).
Who is my favorite player? I know why I don't walk. If you want to any explanation, ask that person. Why do you ask me? Is it the diet you are on making you ask this question?
Quote:
Can you explain why your favorite player didn't walk when he was caught behind?
C'mon its just a game. It would have been PATHETIC, but now its STUPENDOUS display. There are highs & lows in the game.
Quote:
Cheers & its going to be another PATHETIC display if we cannot overhaul this paltry total.
BTW, this is first win against Australia at the MCG since January 31, 1986. The oldies (who are warming their sofas at their homes), played & played at MCG, but it took a team of fearless fresh blood to give the Aussies their own medicine.
Old 10th February 2008, 18:49   #3332
BANNED

In the morning, when India had Australia on the mats, I was wondering where the hell were the cynics? Wow, there are here in plenty - all required for them to show them is a wicket of India to fall
Quote:
Cheers & its going to be another PATHETIC display if we cannot overhaul this paltry total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Pathetic show by our youngsters. They are failing in all the matches barring a one or two players. Its 111/5 right now and we don't know how this match will progress. One more wicket and we will end up loosing the game.
Quote:
Just heard that the reason Dhoni is looking so uncomfortable & clueless today is because he's forgotten to put on his diapers - and he's obviously wet his "ducks" .
LOL. Hope we make it.
Quote:
I think we may scrape through this match. These guys are running for everything now. Till now luck is in our favour and hope it continues till we reach home.
Old 10th February 2008, 19:01   #3333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
In the morning, when India had Australia on the mats, I was wondering where the hell were the cynics? Wow, there are here in plenty - all required for them to show them is a wicket of India to fall
I was wondering, too - was quite Surprised to see it rather quiet in here!

Remember someone talking about Sri Lanka beating Australia and us losing to Sri Lanka and so on and so forth.

I'm glad the Indian Cricket Team does not read the Cricket Thread on Team BHP.
Old 10th February 2008, 19:57   #3334
BANNED

I have never anybody so uncomfortable, so clueless at the wicket. Also, so fast to getaway from the pitch when out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
1) Decision over Yuvraj. I guess it's time to drop him and try the other guys in the team. It will do a lot of good for his injury and he will sort out his personal matters before he comes back.
Old 10th February 2008, 20:38   #3335
Senior - BHPian

the cricket thread on T-BHP is infested with the dos or dies, today the dos have rejoiced, tomorrow it will be the dies, you never really know who is balanced. That is the fun part about it all. i know what i am.
Old 10th February 2008, 20:44   #3336
BHPian

Quote:
Pathetic show by our youngsters. They are failing in all the matches barring a one or two players. Its 111/5 right now and we don't know how this match will progress. One more wicket and we will end up loosing the game.
Hai,
I dont know why you said that.Amongst those 5 wickets it was only Gambhir who has less experience in ODI's.Sehwag\Sachin\Yuvraj can not be termed as youngsters(Considering they have been playing at international level for more than 7-8 years).Even Pathan has been around for 4 years now.

Dhoni and Rohit sharma did well though.It was really pleasing to see Rohit pounce on Symmonds as soon as he started his over.It shows this guy is a thinking cricketer,who chose to hang around when Lee\Bracken\Johnson were operating and then hit out when the part timers came.

Good show by the team.Not often do you see Aussies being bundled out within the quota of 50 overs.Seamers did exceptionaly well.

@Suman:I am not a big fan of SRT.But considering the number of decisions that normaly go against him,it is only normal that lady luck smiles on him once in a while and why let go of it
Old 10th February 2008, 20:55   #3337
Senior - BHPian

I do appereciate the bowlers who did their job pretty well. But it was again the collective failure of our batsman. Tendulkar was out and he did not walk off. If he was a real sportsman, he should have walked off the field when he had edged the delivery to Gilly. The umpires had won the match for India today.

YS/Gambhir/Sehwag/Pathan was beaten by shear pace of the Aussies. Looks like they have to take training at the hands of ISharma now who bowled pretty fast today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I was wondering, too - was quite Surprised to see it rather quiet in here!

Remember someone talking about Sri Lanka beating Australia and us losing to Sri Lanka and so on and so forth.

I'm glad the Indian Cricket Team does not read the Cricket Thread on Team BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Old 10th February 2008, 21:07   #3338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The umpires had won the match for India today.

I am sure you listen to & take to heart the bull**** that our Indian commentators/experts give out on TV. I would suggest that people should start muting their TVs & listen with their eyes instead. A lot of what is said by the fab 3 in the commentary team is to please the masses, which in turn makes them very indi & popular & very sad, IMO. I had great regard for harsha as a radio commentator way back in 1986, but since then he has always climbed down from his own satndards.
Old 10th February 2008, 21:32   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
........A lot of what is said by the fab 3 in the commentary team is to please the masses, which in turn makes them very indi & popular & very sad, IMO. I had great regard for harsha as a radio commentator way back in 1986, but since then he has always climbed down from his own satndards.

Cant agree with you more.India had just two decisions in their favour and one was nullified by Sehwag's one which acc to hawk's eye was not out.So in the end India had 2:1 ratio of decisions in their favour but in the Sydney test match the ratio was something like 1:11.

Since long i have the feeling that Harsha has turned the commentator room into some kind of circus.He is always seen laughing without any reason.

Regarding Yuvi,he is too talented to be dropped after just 1-2 failures (test matches are over now and we should consider only one-day form now,if not then even Dhoni should not be in team and Laxman should be playing along with SGanguly & RDravid).
When he came to bat wickets had slowed down a bit & he just couldn't keep the b@ll down.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th February 2008 at 21:38.
Old 10th February 2008, 22:00   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you listen to & take to heart the bull**** that our Indian commentators/experts give out on TV. I would suggest that people should start muting their TVs & listen with their eyes instead. A lot of what is said by the fab 3 in the commentary team is to please the masses, which in turn makes them very indi & popular & very sad, IMO. I had great regard for harsha as a radio commentator way back in 1986, but since then he has always climbed down from his own satndards.
I do not think they are bulls******* anything. We have seen this team in past matches and we are seeing now. The batsmen cannot just stay at wicket. Within 100~120 runs, we would have lost first 4 wickets (we have seen this in recent past). This is the inexperienced lot and they have to practice staying on the wicket for longer time. They should not just get carried away after they hit a couple of boundaries. Hope this goes into their heads. The sooner the better for the whole team and India too.
Old 10th February 2008, 22:02   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Sehwag...Yuvraj can not be termed as youngsters
But still they are not as old as dravid/ganguly...

Quote:
I had great regard for harsha as a radio commentator way back in 1986...
Whoa.... is he doing commentary this long? That is a news to me.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:04   #3342
BANNED

I think its time to watch 'Senior Cricket Championship' . Imagine a team with Gaekwad, Amarnath, Gavaskar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Shastri , where they stay at the wicket and make 30 runs of 90 deliveries !!
Quote:
This is the inexperienced lot and they have to practice staying on the wicket for longer time. They should not just get carried away after they hit a couple of boundaries. Hope this goes into their heads. The sooner the better for the whole team and India too.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:18   #3343
rks
BANNED

The decision to promote Pathan to No. 3 was descirbed as bizarre by Harsha Bhogle and I fully agree. I have no doubt in my mind that this was the decision of our "think-tank" rather than just of Dhoni. When Pathan has consistently shown the ability to make valuable contributions in the lower order, there cannot be any good motivations in chopping and changing the batting order and unsettling him. But I thought he llooked quite solid today against the new ball and I hope one of these days he comes in at No. 3 or No.2 and knocks off a century. Then you will find our "think-tank" quite eager to demote Pathan.

Rohit Sharma is an outstanding prospect and should be brought into the Test team as soon as possible. The way Gambhir got out to Brett Lee, popping a catch off a short ball, was not at all a pleasant sight. An opening batsman should not be getting out that way. Maybe Pathan was promoted to protect Gambhir against the new ball?

Last edited by rks : 10th February 2008 at 23:30.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:26   #3344
BHPian

Now what is this....
Quote:
Yet Indian captain M. S. Dhoni failed to attend the post-match conference after a falling-out with subcontinent journalists.
:Source:
Old 10th February 2008, 23:34   #3345
Team-BHP Support

Interesting Article in the Australian: A reverse swing in fortunes | The Australian

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks