Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:49   #616
BHPian

Purchased a springtek Eurotop Hybrid Latex Pocket Spring Dimension:75 inch x 29 inch x 10 inch recently for my sons room. He finds it comfortable but it is early days since it has been only 3 weeks since. He was using a silk cotton mattress earlier and initial feed back is very comfortable. Pricing is very reasonable at 10k and pricing is best on the company site when compared to pricing on Amazon or Flipkart.
I ordered wakefit first from FK and canceled it and went with a latex topper model. Shipping was surprisingly fast, got it in about 4 days.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 01:13   #617
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
I too am looking for full latex foam mattress with 8 inch thickness and medium soft (should not sink in). Which brands offer a good combination of value and quality? There are so many online brands and it's quite confusing as each claim they are the best with various certificates and sourcing origins.
Almost every mattress brand now has a latex variant, though not all brands are aggressively marketing their latex mattresses. I was in the same boat few months back, and I got the latex 6 inch "Pearl" mattress from Foams India, and it has been supremely comfortable. Foams India is one of the pioneers in Latex mattresses in the country. I got 10 year warranty on the mattress, and the higher range mattresses have 15 years of warranty. I know few of them using Foams India latex mattresses, and all have only good things to say. So I highly recommend Foams India's latex mattresses.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:47   #618
BHPian

If it helps anyone, I suffer from disc issues and was using coir mattress from sleepwell all the while but the most recent one I bought didn't last for more than a year. So this time I bought Ortho care series mattress from Eclipse, its 8" and I paid 30k for king size. Been using it for the past 3 days, it quite firm and supports back well, so far my sleep was peaceful.
Old 13th March 2021, 19:02   #619
BHPian

Just to update and if it helps fellow mattress seekers. We ended up getting the Morning Owl pure latex mattress. Took a leap of faith and ordered it. It was not wow or anything first few days but then it's been 3 months now and the lower back pain I used to have in the mornings is now a distant memory. Touch wood.
Nimz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 09:02   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Just to update and if it helps fellow mattress seekers. We ended up getting the Morning Owl pure latex mattress. Took a leap of faith and ordered it. It was not wow or anything first few days but then it's been 3 months now and the lower back pain I used to have in the mornings is now a distant memory. Touch wood.
Thanks for the update.

Have been using Wakefit past 4 years - Ortho and normal. I have been having occasional lower back pain, the experience has been strictly 'economy class' and its time to move on.

Deciding between duroflex tatva vs morning owl vs Springtek Hybrid Latex Pocket Spring vs Ikea Hovag Morning Owl is winning out due to the thickness of the latex layer...

Last edited by d_himan : 14th March 2021 at 09:07.
Old 15th March 2021, 19:19   #621
BHPian

Update on WakeFit - Pls Stay away,

It's been 20 months since I bought the WakeFit orthopaedic mattress. Its now completely useless. The middle portion sags and hits the bottom of the cot whenever we turn and we end up with back pain every day.

Logged a complaint with Customer care, they first asked for a pic and then a video. Sent both to them, and the genius over there says from their analysis it sags only 1/2 inch and warranty will be given only if sagging is more than 1 inch without anyone sitting on it.

Basically, I have no other option but to throw it away. These products are good initially but the long term is a big question. Stay away from them if you are looking to use it for 3-4 years.
madbullram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:55   #622
Senior - BHPian

We returned out wakefit othro mattress within about 30 days. They picked it up after another 30 more days. We are yet to get the refund, but I am pretty sure it will show up.

Coming to mattress itself, the memory foam is a heat sink and you are always forced to use the AC. On the latex mattress, we see ourselves using the AC much lesser than compared to memory foam mattress, even when we are approaching summer. The memory foam mattress was used in Dec_jan, while we got the latex from mid jan onwards.
Old 16th March 2021, 15:09   #623
BHPian

Anyone has experience with Sleepyhead mattress? I am looking at their Sleepyhead Original mattress that costs around 20K for King Size (8 inch).

We have a Wakefit Ortho 8 inch mattress that we bought ~3 years back and have been using ever since. No complaints, though off late I feel it is slightly harder than what I would have liked (no plush feel). So wanted to try out a different brand.
Old 31st March 2021, 11:02   #624
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Need your input for buying a queen size mattress.
1. I am a side and back sleeper (predominantly side).
2. I also have issues of neck pain and lower back pain.
3. I intend to use my products for long. So mattress wont be changed for around 10 years.
4. I live in Chennai, where the weather can be its HOT, Burning, In a Furnace for close to 8 months.
Considering the above give your suggestions for a good mattress. Budget can be max 75K.
I checked tempur in my sisters place. found it to be too soft for my liking. My present mattress sleepwell is OK.
Any good brands with very good reliability between the regulars and premium would be welcom
Thanks in advance.
Barath
Old 31st March 2021, 12:28   #625
BHPian

I have used all sorts of mattresses be it spring, memory, latex, water, coir, air with different heights but none has given me the satisfaction and sound sleep of cotton tosak made by local guys.

It never gets hot in summer or cold in winter. For persons with any sort of pain it should be the preferred choice. No sagging and excellent support all around. I changed my memory foam mattress to cotton tosak couple of years back as advised by my parents and I am kicking myself as to why I didn't listen to it sooner. In near future I will be changing each and every mattress to tosak. I think I chose mattress over tosak due to perception. What would people think of me if they get to know I am using tosak, that I can not afford even a decent mattress and that made me keep changing them to costly and costlier. From 4" coir mattress to 6" memory foam to 8" spring mattress. One more thing I am going to do is to get rid of deewan or box style bed. In my parental house we have bed made of saagwan in old "patra" style. My father always used to say that it keeps the mattress or tosak in best condition due to air circulation. Box style bed do not let mattress dry and it absorbes all sweat in it.
Sran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 16:54   #626
Senior - BHPian

In haste I got a 4 inch coir foam mattress for the new queen size cot I had bought. It was a hasty decision as I had guests coming over and I had to get a mattress that day. Now after trying the mattress out, it is quite hard (as expected) and also not very breathable in the humid Chennai weather.

Can I get a latex topper for an inch or two to make it more comfortable and also breathable? Any suggestions please?
Old 2nd April 2021, 12:02   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Can I get a latex topper for an inch or two to make it more comfortable and also breathable?
This is very much possible and you can go visit MM Foam or other Latex companies to get a feel of the topper to decide. I purchased a mattress for my son recently from springtek and notice now that they sell a 2" latex topper which has a strap at the four corners to secure it to the mattress underneath.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:06   #628
BHPian

I am trying to research my next mattress and I am still unable to completely understand why cotton mattresses seem to have lost favour amongst members. It is unbeatable price-wise and has very few disadvantages; yet it features very less on discussions and recommendations on this thread.

So my question to the good members of this forum: Why did you not consider cotton mattresses while deciding your next mattress?

Is there a genuine problem that cannot be resolved in a cotton mattress or have we fallen prey to the marketing word that promises us better sleep (un-quantified) at more than 5x the prices (at best). Would like to hear different opinions on this.

I have personally used cotton, coir (pure), foam+spring mattress and have found cotton mattresses to be the best (I have back-ache problem). They provide good cushioning, have breathable materials, doesn't get too warm in summers or too cold in winters and are more environment friendly as they don't have synthetic materials. The only drawbacks that I found (and believe) are that they lose shape over time, are susceptible to dust-mites and is not fire-retardant. For me personally, the loss of shape however does not diminish the back support it offers.

And for Rs. 1500/- for an 8kg single bed mattress with white cotton (recently bought; black cotton is even cheaper), I can change it over every few years without problems.

Also, can someone suggest me a good source for coir mattresses in Bangalore (Indiranagar or surrounding areas preferably). I would like to give it a try once more.
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:41   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Dear Friends,

Need your input for buying a queen size mattress.
1. I am a side and back sleeper (predominantly side).
2. I also have issues of neck pain and lower back pain.
3. I intend to use my products for long. So mattress wont be changed for around 10 years.
4. I live in Chennai, where the weather can be its HOT, Burning, In a Furnace for close to 8 months.
Considering the above give your suggestions for a good mattress. Budget can be max 75K.
Hi, based on your specific requirements mattress with full latex filling would be ideal. They are thermally inactive (do not absorb or radiate heat) and are typically soft with adequate firmness and added bounciness (not overtly soft like those used in hotels). Latex mattresses usually come with seven to ten years warranty (including warranty cover against edge deformation). Price range for queen size will be northwards of 40k. The ones that come to my mind for recommendations are latex plus from Sleepwell and Organica from Peps.

Hope this helps.
Old 9th April 2021, 13:42   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Purchased a springtek Eurotop Hybrid Latex Pocket Spring Dimension:75 inch x 29 inch x 10 inch recently for my sons room. He finds it comfortable but it is early days since it has been only 3 weeks since. He was using a silk cotton mattress earlier and initial feed back is very comfortable.
I bought the same 3 weeks back, and after the first week, it started giving me back pain and restless sleep. Somehow found it too bouncy. My other Wakefit Ortho mattress feels much better in comparison (I prefer slightly medium hard mattress as I found out now).

Returning this one as it had 30 day trial period, the process seems to be smooth as the mattress is getting picked up today. Hopefully refund will come soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks