Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 12:39   #16
BHPian

re: Team-BHP and our wives

Good thread, my experience is different.
Earlier my wife use to shout on me when she see Team BHP on my screen however I convinced her telling that this is the only way I can keep my auto passion live, also she know I am software engineer my mistake other wise at lest mechanic

Now when ever I face any problem with my Bullet or Car, she ask me to search on Team BHP.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 13:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread, even I used to face the same issue earlier with me being blamed for not spending enough time with her. Over a period of time things improved with she realising the quality and amount of information available, esp- Travelogues, Photography Threads, Gadgets (Bought a Nikon D90 thanks to T-bhp), Scale Models etc.

But the best part was when a couple of days back fellow t-bhpian schitre gave a thumbs up from his Thunder bird when he spotted us with Live 2 drive sticker on way to work, she was like this is so cool, you guys don't know each other but are still connected and can identify other bhpians amongst the crowd.

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 25th February 2011 at 13:22.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread. Well team bhp was never an issue with my wife but yes spending 70% of free time was definitely one. But gradually after meeting a lot of bhpians from across the country whom we met while on our trips and the easy familiar bond between complete strangers have dispelled many of her initial doubts. Many of the delhi bhpians are regular visitors to our house has also helped, but what finally settled the issue once for and all was a comment " Aren't you glad its bhp and cars he is after and not other......". lolz. We have peace at home now!! Amen.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have one wifey in human form - ETC (that is how she is known to most bhpians)
I donot have any other wives

Padmini is my Baby, Palio & the Getz are babes in my life.

Team BHP can never be my wife - i spend more time on Team BHP than at work. Infact, My boss knows about it!

Team BHP is my Ecstacy,
My real life fantacy
Not that i am complaining
A beautiful vision, i have never seen
There can be no other
While we have each other

Goes without saying, I love being a part of this Team BHP Family.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th February 2011 at 13:50.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

I have to explain that I am doing a social service in keeping India's motoring masses informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Team-Bhp (Biwi hogayi parayi).

This was told by a fellow T-Bhpian's wife to me recently during a dinner meet.
Who was it ?

Well as per my wife the priorities in my life in order of their importance are
  1. Cars
  2. Adventure Sports
  3. Internet (I work on the internet domain so stretch of definition, TBHP is work only)
  4. Wife/Family

But I addressed this issue by asking my wife to join TBHP and she's done that.
As a matter of fact, she does post as well on and off.

BTW the latest crib that my wife has is whenever she is trying to say something important to me or trying to get my attention, my phone rings. I don't know how this happens but this saves me everytime
Old 25th February 2011, 14:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its nice to know i am not the only one. Showed my wife the thread this morning and she smiled, said "so i guess you arent the only petrol nut!" i told her would be posting this on t-bhp soon and she couldnt believe i went ahead and did it.
Thanks everyone for posting, and making my life easier.
Keep posting really enjoy reading how each one has their way of tackling this.

Last edited by mdsaab : 25th February 2011 at 14:56.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Who was it ?
Take a guess Ani bhai, this dinner meet took place at Calcutta Cabin.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

I enjoyed reading this thread in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Err, I am not yet married,* but this thread isn't helping either
Count me in, Sheel.

Anyway, I'll surely make the woman whom I'll be marrying, to go through all the posts, before we tie the knot.

PS: I've no intentions to marry, within the next 10 years.

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th February 2011 at 15:10.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Despite the fact that after 27 years of marriage she has got used to my love for vehicles, she still doesn't pass up a chance to comment on my TBHP time, especially on weekends. "You have become useless for us - always sitting and writing emails on TBHP. If I could, I would have communicated with you via emails!!! Grrr..." (she hates computers - doesn't go near one despite my repeated requests).

Like @ajmat said, even I put it like that to her: "Doing social service by passing on my knowledge to hundreds of people around India", but it is characteristically met with "Yeah right, as if everyone would be illiterate without you guys"! :(

Safest method: complete all outstanding requests till she herself says "You must be tired - relax and browse TBHP" . Then there are no interruptions.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:33   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Safest method: complete all outstanding requests till she herself says "You must be tired - relax and browse TBHP" . Then there are no interruptions.
This is what is working for me now a days. Reach home spend your time with wife and kid, take them out for a walk in the nearest park, eat some snacks ,do some window shopping, buy the necessary things for that day, you are done.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:41   #26
BHPian

A very real, interesting and 'canNOT Ignore' topic.

In my case, I generally try to login when her serial starts in the evenings on weekdays at home , After a good amount of time is spent with the site in the office hours, if I am available at the desk. Hence no major issues on weekdays.

But on week ends, comes the complaint - 'We get only One sunday to spend together. In that too, you drive with your first love ( My M800) all the day and when back home at night, you again start T-Bhp?. Pls remember I too am one of your wifes'. I too need some of your time. May be after your 'First love' and 'T- BHP' But I need some of your time!'

Bang!! closes the door.

I realise and feel pity, then I show her some shopping and eateries experiences and even travelogues and plan there for the next weekend, which cools her to some extent many times.

Managing too many wifes is really hard. Don't know how our kings used to..

But now -

LOVE CARS! LIVE CARS! Rest is all Life!
Old 25th February 2011, 15:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

good going. So finally after 2 weeks of marriage, I have slowly started to convince my wife about tbhp. Now, she has slowly started to like cars. Also, she gifted me a scale model of Lamborghini Reventon. I was shocked to see her demands. Although, I missed 15 min of her shopping, I managed to see her at this shop. Went inside and she kept asking the guys over that she wanted Lamborghini Murcielago. They didnt have one so she asked for Gallardo, Ford Mustang Shelby gt500. I know she heard about mustang, but shelby gt500 was a real shocker for me. The guys over there didnt have much knowledge, then finally saw Reventon and decided to buy that for me.

I asked her about this and she simply said it's all because of me talking about tbhp and cars 24x7. She even said that if it goes like this she might join tbhp and start contributing her part.

So guess tbhp has slowly started to flow through her veins too. That's good news for me.!

Happy Wife, Happy Life.!

Cheers.!
Old 25th February 2011, 16:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Err, I am not yet married,* but this thread isn't helping either...

It will be a tough act to balance M'cycles/Cars/T-Bhp and family along with work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Count me in, Sheel.

Anyway, I'll surely make the woman whom I'll be marrying, to go through all the posts, before we tie the knot.

PS: I've no intentions to marry, within the next 10 years.
What a grim situation. Before long, Team-Bhpians looking for alliances will put ads like

Quote:
Senior male Team-Bhpian looking for a good-looking, god-fearing girl. The girl should be a Team-Bhpian.
Respond with your Team-Bhp handle.
This issue has now become a Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani for many Team-Bhpians. At this rate, the moderators will have to add a "Broken Marriages" section under Shifting Gears.

My way of handling this:
  • Take the family to Team-Bhp meets. My wife and kid already knows a few other Team-Bhpians and their families.
  • Show my wife good travelogues posted by others and self
  • Give the wheel to wife on long drives.
  • My kid loves everything automotive.
At the end of it all, they still wake up to reality at some moments and then I just log off.

Last edited by pjbiju : 25th February 2011 at 16:43.
Old 25th February 2011, 17:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

I am 30, single and no worries (office or home I can check the forum any time) :-)
Old 25th February 2011, 18:01   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Err, I am not yet married,* but this thread isn't helping either
That was a good one Sheel. I'm also single but I'm lucky to have a girl who goes weak in her knees after seeing a Porsche. She's a big Porsche admirer, not the old classic Porsches though. What more, she aspires to go biking to the Nubra Valley.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks