Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:17   #61
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

what a relevent thread! I guess most of us are in the same boat.
I tried to hook my wifey to the travelogue section but came the instant reply "sirf photo dikhaoge ya fir kabhi leke bhi jaoge"
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:50   #62

Nice thread !!

I thought it was only me !!
Got too many companions
Must show this thread to my wife.
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:33   #63
BHPian

I find this post so relevant. My 2.5 yrs old son enjoys looking at car pics and I'm sure as he grows up he'll keep my spirit alive. Whereas my wife feels that she is not my first love. I guess the "black" screen makes her realize from a distance that I'm hooked to team-bhp. While having dinner too, I'm flipping thru team-bhp and most of the times i turn a deaf ear when she is talking to me. thus team-bhp as a bad impression on my wife (extra affairs lol). i'll show her this post.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:03   #64
BHPian

Presently in the 5th year of marriage, my wife used to be kind of suspicious (married guys will know) whenever i open my laptop.

Even before i became a member, seeing the TBHP site 99.9% of the times she is comfortable that it is "just" a harmless auto website & not something dangerous like a dating website/chat.
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:32   #65
BHPian

My wife is very supportive of me browsing T-BHP, since I recently joined she was coaxing me to order the stickers for our recently acquired Scorpio and some how I was not able to order them through my debit card and inform the same to wifey and she promptly gives her cc and asks me to order them asap.

Order confirmed waiting for the stickers .
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:45   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Since I work in the automobile industry and I am the "boss" in my department (ahem!), I have given myself the authority to see TeamBHP. It was banned for some time, I actually got it started on my laptop. At home, Wifey has given up because there are two TeamBHPians, me and my son Cyrus. Now that Cyrus is in London, she says "what difference does it make? TeamBHP is everywhere". She has passed the stage of bothering but when it becomes a bit too much, I think it prudent and switch off for some time. At such times, the signs are too clear, either me or the laptop will go! Then, it's back to square one all over again! This reminds me to put some more stickers on my Bolero.

Thanks all moderators, support staff and Rushabh, you guys are great!
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:08   #67

So I took her for our first Road Trip: BLR to Pondicherry after planning it from inputs from T-BHP. She's got the roadie bug now....and eventually took a look at the site - was very impressed.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Since I work in the automobile industry and I am the "boss" in my department (ahem!),
So it is you ! You're the head of the team that developed the Thar, aren't you ? I read it in a Tribune supplement (Saturday Extra, Good Motoring, H Kishie Singh, Thar review), and thought the name was familiar.

Sorry for straying off-topic.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
& not something dangerous like a dating website/chat.

My wife is actually thankful to Team-BHP. Whenever she starts watching those serials on Colors I go off and browse Team-BHP. That way she is saved from my non-stop commentary on how crappy those serials are. And she is thankful for that.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:22   #70
BHPian

aha, nice topic my solution is simple, i browse teambhp when wifey is busy with her soaps on TV. What's more interesting is the way i browse teambhp in office. I sit facing my bosses cabin. The moment he steps out, Alt Tab and he sees a ppt file open, and smiles. The moment he steps back into his cabin Alt Tab again and am back to browsing tbhp
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I've been told that if I had the same passion and time commitment for exercising and working out in my free time, I would have a body like Schwarzenegger by now.
@Mpower, Now here I am in your shoes. While going through each post I was wondering if someone has come across this dialogue from wifey and finally I found it. Moreover, when I have a neighbour (moreover a family friend) who go to the club house without missing a single day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshith View Post
Well i usually access Team BHP from my office. So wifey has no reason to complain.

But my team bhp addiction is well documented in my office. Whenever i go into my Team BHP "solitude" throes the whole room comes to know about it and jibes me to no end on it.

But everyone tolerates it because any discussion automotive comes i am able to give out advice and offer solutions.
Same here... each one of my colleague would have atleast 4 or 5 comments on it. The fresh onefrom today is, "bhai tumne to lagta hai team-bhp kharid liya hai".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpoint View Post
What a relevant topic! Good to see that i am not alone. We are married for a year now. (i meant my wife.. not tbhp )

First to 3rd Month: She didn't mind
4th - 6th Month: A cold stare
7th - 9th Month: She started advising not to spoil my health as i keep staring the monitor day in and day out. (as a softi, i have to keep staring the monitors at office)

couple of months back: She broke down. Then we talked out. She understands my interests, but when it comes to eating up her valuable time she gets upset. So i have restricted my team-bhp browsing only during office hours.

She often comes up with the question: "Who do you love the most, me or car?". There i go blank :|
Isnt it easy ? The Car ofcourse ( you can hit the pedal and run away, only to fetch a gift/flower or on a small drive to calm her down)

I always compensate with a drive every alternate month with her . Someone has rightly said, 'saam, daam, dand, bhed' (ofcourse, with wifey on saam and daam can work)

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd March 2011 at 12:10. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 20 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:45   #72
BHPian

Yes, I will admit, the stares are getting harder and becoming glares these past few weeks.

Nowadays, it's usual for: "What in god's name are you doing?!"; "Shut that laptop NOW!"; "What's it with you and your phone?"

This when: she's waiting at the dinner table with food laid out; with me in the loo with the phone; when she's all ready and waiting at the door; when she's busy reading; when she's asking to decide what's it gonna be for dinner; when she's checking which movie to go for; when she's asking whether I wshed my relatives on their anniversary; and the list goes on.

All this while I am typing furiously or engrossed in some crazy mod-job or ICE detail or better still just drooling over a member's gallery.

I showed her my first initial ownership report I posted hereon; and she was amazed at all the mass of text I wrote; and doubly amazed that I found time for it.

The getting-beat-to-pulp day is not very far away for me. Take it from me; and it would be safe to bet: missile launchers and such propelled weaponery were invented by women.

Long live the TBHP tribe; and yes I Love My Biwi!!
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:11   #73
BHPian

mdsaab, amazing thread you have started! have hit the nail right on head!

With me, things are a bit better. Been married for over a year now and niether my wife or parents complain about TBHP addiction. But yes, they do get worried at times when after reading resto jobs on PP and Heralds, I also start getting ideas of purchasing a PP or NE or Herald ..

Wife is very supportive (touch wood), till now and knows I am crazy for these metal horses.

My F-I-L is planning to purchase a new car and I directed him to the Vento thread by GTO. He was initially sold for Honda City and now wants a Vento!!!!!

Cheers!!

(Just rated the thread 5-star! *****)

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 3rd March 2011 at 12:19. Reason: added rating for the thread.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:23   #74
BHPian

I have a big, stupid, sheepish GARFIELD grin on my face as I am reading through these posts. Very familiar, makes me feel at peace since I have exalted company.

Wifey, sure does get irritated with the fact of my browsing TBHP at all hours of the day, but, is getting used to it slowly. AM trying to convert her slowly, but as they say "Old habits die hard".
Any ideas how I can initate my 2 baby girls (3.5 & 2.5 years) into this automobile madness. As, that would give me some support in the long run....
-salil
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:27   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

My wife is actually thankful to Team-BHP. Whenever she starts watching those serials on Colors I go off and browse Team-BHP. That way she is saved from my non-stop commentary on how crappy those serials are. And she is thankful for that.
Ha ha, I can identify with that, I try to watch the crime serials on Fox and she wants the soaps so if I switch to T-bhp that time then she is Ok but dare I open the black screen when she's free and bored - mayhem.

But mostly she's supportive and wants me to buy a cruiser with a back rest for rear seat so she can be comfortable (noways I am getting a cruiser) he he he.

And for herself she wants the smart car. small and easy to handle.

Last edited by Slick : 3rd March 2011 at 13:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks