Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 16:17   #181
BHPian

^^
@mdsaab: Many more miles to go, both for u and T-BHP. Congrats for the seniorship
And high regards to Bhabhiji for accompanying you through this journey.
Cheers
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 17:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

Thank goodness Guderian is not to be seen these days.
sir, whats wrong with the General? Why are you thanking for his absence? something fishyy fishyy..
Old 27th July 2011, 03:58   #183
BHPian

Well I saw this thread for the 1st time, I guess I am too busy reading ownership experiences and stuff that I rarely ever go to chit-chat sections, not just here but on other forums too (I am a member of a big gaming forum as well, for people who thought there is no life beyond cars, there is life on other planets too).

So to say my dilema when it comes to my dearest and pretiest wifey:

1. Cars are meant to be used to get from point A to point B.

2. She would make me buy an auto if that were a legal every day drive private vehicle just to meet point 1 mentioned above.

3. Pre-worshiped cars is a term alien to her and she would rather go by a metro than be spotted in a pre-worshiped car, and would prefer point 2 mentioned above.

4. Team-BHP stickers, when they got delivered by the post man were thought to be a gift from some sort of promotion and were handed over to my 1.5 year old son and as all toddlers are, they were all over the walls of the house.

5. To my amazement and a broken heart when I made a huge noise about how they were to go on my car and were to be kept safe for my future car and how I had paid for them and waited so long to be a proud member of T-BHP to flaunt them, her reply was "they are just stickers, I'll buy you some from the book shop in the market". Can't argue with her, so pulled a few off the walls with some glue intact and kept them in my safe locker.

6. Majority wins: I make it a point to buy every sort of a car toy for my kiddo and am slowly converting him into a car enthusiast. He knows what a car is, an auto, a bus, a truck, a scooter and he still doesn't know A B C, but sure can pronounce them out with a bit of improvisation and my wifey looks at me in amazement (revenge is sweet).

7. Long drives, short drives, any drive I gotta listen to music in my car. Wifey gets in with the lil kiddo, turns the volume to 0, I turn it back to loud, there it goes back to 0 again, my kiddo wants to be a part of the game, turns it back to loud. Wifey looks at me in amazement, there it goes back to point 6. mentioned above "Majority Wins" (re-revenge is sweeter)

Finally after a lot of persistence she has started taking driving lessons, I am hopeful that she will fall in love with these machines just like she did with me. Then it will be a fight again, this time the other way around but that's a battle I would love to be a part of, even more
iFuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 07:30   #184
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the club iFuel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
4. Team-BHP stickers, when they got delivered by the post man were thought to be a gift from some sort of promotion and were handed over to my 1.5 year old son and as all toddlers are, they were all over the walls of the house.

5. To my amazement and a broken heart when I made a huge noise about how they were to go on my car and were to be kept safe for my future car and how I had paid for them and waited so long to be a proud member of T-BHP to flaunt them, her reply was "they are just stickers, I'll buy you some from the book shop in the market". Can't argue with her, so pulled a few off the walls with some glue intact and kept them in my safe locker.
Good one! I am not surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel
6. Majority wins: I make it a point to buy every sort of a car toy for my kiddo and am slowly converting him into a car enthusiast. He knows what a car is, an auto, a bus, a truck, a scooter and he still doesn't know A B C, but sure can pronounce them out with a bit of improvisation and my wifey looks at me in amazement (revenge is sweet).

7. Long drives, short drives, any drive I gotta listen to music in my car. Wifey gets in with the lil kiddo, turns the volume to 0, I turn it back to loud, there it goes back to 0 again, my kiddo wants to be a part of the game, turns it back to loud. Wifey looks at me in amazement, there it goes back to point 6. mentioned above "Majority Wins" (re-revenge is sweeter)

Finally after a lot of persistence she has started taking driving lessons, I am hopeful that she will fall in love with these machines just like she did with me. Then it will be a fight again, this time the other way around but that's a battle I would love to be a part of, even more
6 & 7 may not work in long term. So driving lesson is the best option I guess
Old 27th July 2011, 10:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aboard, not only Team-BHP ~ But the Bhpian men with Wives club too
Quote:
Well I saw this thread for the 1st time, I guess I am too busy reading ownership experiences and stuff that I rarely ever go to chit-chat sections, not just here but on other forums too (I am a member of a big gaming forum as well, for people who thought there is no life beyond cars, there is life on other planets too).
You serious!?! is there really anything beyond cars?
So to say my dilema when it comes to my dearest and pretiest wifey:

1. Cars are meant to be used to get from point A to point B.
It's not where you're going. It's how you get their right!
2. She would make me buy an auto if that were a legal every day drive private vehicle just to meet point 1 mentioned above.
Actually i think you can buy a private rickshaw to be used as a legal private vehicle. But i will keep my mouth shut, Promise!
3. Pre-worshiped cars is a term alien to her and she would rather go by a metro than be spotted in a pre-worshiped car, and would prefer point 2 mentioned above.
Well the Lady might have a point there. Many of us in the same bandwagon. But the irresistible deals one can have on a pe-worshiped are extremely tempting.
Oh man, that hurt!
LOL! that was really hilarious, especially the buying from the book shop. Atleast you got some back, be happy. Tip : Order a fresh set.
Revenge is Sweet indeed.
Sweeter Sweeter!
You bet! Hope she converts into a car lover, and fights for the keys real soon. Good Luck!
Old 27th July 2011, 11:20   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Good going iFuel, this strategy works everywhere except with my husband who is excellent at handling cars but looks at them solely as a mode of transport and nothing else.

Nowadays we have another hobby - we fight over getting a pet in the house. I am for it, the kids are for it but he is against it. Imagine, coming from a man who earns his living off the pet trade. He is in the veterinary pharmacueticals and animal feed business.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:43   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Nowadays we have another hobby - we fight over getting a pet in the house. I am for it, the kids are for it but he is against it. Imagine, coming from a man who earns his living off the pet trade. He is in the veterinary pharmacueticals and animal feed business.
Sugeeta, looks like your husband is rightly opposing against the pets, lest he fears, he might just try one of those new feeds or a vet medicine on your lovely pet and ....
He is playing safe , you know!!!

Quote:
Well I saw this thread for the 1st time, I guess I am too busy reading ownership experiences and stuff that I rarely ever go to chit-chat sections, ...
... I am hopeful that she will fall in love with these machines just like she did with me. Then it will be a fight again, this time the other way around but that's a battle I would love to be a part of, even more
ifuel, absolute hilarous and laugh riot.Thanks again!! and music turning to 0 happens with me too, especially when I am listening to my kind of music or else it's her type of music.
I absolutely adore my drive .
1. after I drop her to office and then drive to my office in morning
2. Before I pick her up from her office on way to home in evening
but that's hardly much distance.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 27th July 2011 at 11:52.
Old 28th July 2011, 01:20   #188
BHPian

@ vb-san: I agree with you, hence the driving lessons.

@ mdsaab: Many thanks for the warm welcome. Absolutely loved your replies & Amen to her converting into a car lover.

@ Sugeeta: Luckily I won't have to fight to get a pet in the house as she is absolutely scared of dogs and to think I once had 8 apso pups in my house and since my childhood till I got in college I always had atleast 3 dogs in the house. Loved them back then, but my mom went through a lot of heartaches to see them depart for the after life and finally decided not to have any more.

@ Fordmanchau: So I found some one in the same music boat as me. I would be lucky if she asks me to play her kind of music.

The only music she likes in the car is the one the comes from her vocal chords discussing things that I do not even have a clue about.

No I have no interest in women talk at all, but I do nod in agreement or else I might get thrown out of the car.

Try and make a girl understand that when you are driving you are focused on so many things that directly or indirectly affect your driving and safety. I tried it so many times and get a prompt reply 'OH! So you are no longer interested in talking to me', to which I reply 'Honey I never talk to you while driving, don't you remember. Actually I never talk to anyone while driving. I don't pick any calls while driving either, no I do not even stop to attend to a phone call as that impacts the traffic driving by as well.' And then the whole episode starts, so now it's her way or the highway, so I keep my mouth shut and keep noding.

Luckily I do not have to drop her to work as that is taken care of by company transport.

It's my lil kid who saves the day for me all the time, thanks to his affinity to the volume button and he knows of only one way to turn it -> L O U D.
iFuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 19:48   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Try and make a girl understand that when you are driving you are focused on so many things that directly or indirectly affect your driving and safety. I tried it so many times and get a prompt reply 'OH! So you are no longer interested in talking to me', to which I reply 'Honey I never talk to you while driving, don't you remember. Actually I never talk to anyone while driving. I don't pick any calls while driving either, no I do not even stop to attend to a phone call as that impacts the traffic driving by as well.' And then the whole episode starts, so now it's her way or the highway, so I keep my mouth shut and keep noding.
It's exactly the other way round on my side. I don't mind chatting while driving (not over mobile though). But she won't let me or my daughter as she thinks it's unsafe. She herself would observe careful stoic silence during the drive.

And regarding her driving. Well...She has taken driving lessons twice. The second time I forced her after several years... After the lessons were over, I took her for practice in our old car.

After about 15-20 minutes, she was fuming. Why she has to go thru' this hell of driving, when she doesn't have to? I was responsible for all the trouble, and for all the mess in the world... the terrorists attacking Mumbai, some Tsunami striking in Japan, nuclear plant going phut, some Kalmadi & Raja supposedly looting the nation, and lot more...

Well, she can be a good, careful driver, but then she needs an em...p....ty road all the way! The moment a pedestrian crosses the street or she spots a truck, even a bike/cycle will do, from the opposite side, she would have her throat in her mouth.

On the whole, doesn't look like she will ever convert. Still praying for a miracle. Btw, she does have a valid driving license for years!! There was no traffic on the road at the RTO on the test drive stretch for license.

She now can't understand why I spend so much time on this site, but is somehow accepting it as fait accompli. And her occasional silence on this worries me!
RadiantKarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 23:58   #190
BHPian

@ RadiantKarma, lol that post was hillarious. Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that my dear wifey doesn't get pumped up with the hassles of driving, for my own sake. Luckily she does know that she has to learn to drive to be able to take the kid to school and buy stuff for the house, because of our work hours, as they don't match on weekdays.

Get her to the site as well, maybe she'll get hooked and you will be saved from your worries
Old 29th July 2011, 00:06   #191
Senior - BHPian

You guys that's just hilarious. couldn't stop laughing.
There are many times when my wife is talking while i am driving,
and i answer something totally off topic. there is a long silence within the cabin.
and then i am like. Babe, it's the traffic. I am driving remember.
A smile on my face as we continue toward our destination.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:58   #192
Senior - BHPian

^^ well well, now I have to say the nodding has partly gotten me into trouble.
A couple of incidents wherein my wife was talking about her brother and another time about her friend. Both the times, I was either nodding/ humming/ hawwing while I had no freaking idea about the topic of discussion or even the person (I got to know this later!)
Both the times, I found some dimwit attempting a stunt right in front of me. The forst time my son was in the car and the (relatively loud) reaction from me was 'what a moron!'. Apparently this went exactly with the dialogue and I was assumed to judge the friend as a moron.
The second time my son was not in the car and the suicidal moron on a two wheeler was too adventurous, so a few choice expletives were used instead. Unfortunately this time the discussion was about her brother (or his car), to which she didnt take to very kindly at all. I do manage to live a charmed life though, as I am still alive to narrate this!

Since then, no more pretending to listen; who knows what I may end up agreeing with. Now I only talk when the hand brake is being used.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:07   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Get her to the site as well, maybe she'll get hooked and you will be saved from your worries
Her apathy for internet matches that for cars!

And what if she reads my post here? (She knows my handle) Gotta find a hiding place first!
Old 29th July 2011, 17:10   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Sugeeta, looks like your husband is rightly opposing against the pets, lest he fears, he might just try one of those new feeds or a vet medicine on your lovely pet and ....
He is playing safe , you know!!!
Manish, he is only worried about his quota of attention being divided further.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:13   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Her apathy for internet matches that for cars!

And what if she reads my post here? (She knows my handle) Gotta find a hiding place first!
Have suggested the remedy to such medleys in a previous post a couple of pages ago. But in order of priority you better find a hiding place first.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks