Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 14:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Women would be more interested if tbhp gives them info on how to deck up the interiors of the car and what accessories to add to the it to make it more and more comfortable for long drives.

- I just bought a Safari and my wife wants food tray behind the front seats like the one we have in aircrafts.
- She is also looking for good in-car refrigerator.
- Best Sunfilm
- A exclusive space to organize her cosmetics.
- Organizers to keep stuff properly and well placed in the car.
- Special mattress to lie down in case we are away from civilization on long drives spanning to few days..
- Anything else which beautifies the interiors and make her feel being in a home on wheel rather than just a car.

Yes, such info would keep her visiting tbhp..

Last edited by recker_us : 8th March 2011 at 14:07. Reason: .
Old 8th March 2011, 14:27   #107
BHPian

Once me and wifey had a terrible argument .. She went into the bedroom and I opened my laptop and became busy in some Safari threads of TBhp ( Its a true stress buster for me) ... After some time my wife came out of the room fuming and told "I was crying and expected you to come to me and patch up and you are checking Safari pics in Team-Bhp ?? "

There are many events like this happened, happening and will continue to happen.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:17   #108
Senior - BHPian

^^ Sam_boy : nice one, has happened with me too . But can we help it ??
Old 8th March 2011, 22:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Looking at all the replies, I feel its better that I don't get married for another 7-9years

<Thinking out aloud> This probably explains why I still haven't had my first girlfriend
Old 9th March 2011, 10:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Okay, a couple of things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Looking at all the replies, I feel its better that I don't get married for another 7-9years
There's no harm in that, and don't come back to us, with your age. That is immaterial.
Quote:
<Thinking out aloud> This probably explains why I still haven't had my first girlfriend
Never have a "first" girlfriend. There should only be the "first lot" of many girlfriends.

All the best.

However, most of the things that have been said about wives here, holds almost equally for girlfriends, fiancees, live-ins etc. It's something to do with the woman-kind, just like their AMAZING sense of (mis)-direction.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Dude .. Despite of all these ,marriage is a sweet thing. Just like your automobiles the relationship requires regular servicing ( Like a outstation trip, a romantic Movie , Shopping at a regular interval). Once you make sure the regular servicing are done you will have as much fun as your car !!!
Old 9th March 2011, 14:26   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Dude .. Despite of all these ,marriage is a sweet thing. Just like your automobiles the relationship requires regular servicing ( Like a outstation trip, a romantic Movie , Shopping at a regular interval). Once you make sure the regular servicing are done you will have as much fun as your car !!!

This gentleman is a sure winner all the way.

But emotional nurturing (which includes spending quality time while on long drives or outstation trips) is more important than materialistic nurturing (shopping) IMHO
Old 9th March 2011, 15:46   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, if this is the case, wives will prefer Japanese cars. At least the service intervals are closer, and not like Once a year, or 15k kms like European makes
Old 9th March 2011, 21:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Okay, a couple of things:

Never have a "first" girlfriend. There should only be the "first lot" of many girlfriends.
Preaching infidelity?

Quote:
Some gyaan there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
No questioning! Coming from a lady's mouth. Will follow sammy boy's advice to T

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, if this is the case, wives will prefer Japanese cars. At least the service intervals are closer, and not like Once a year, or 15k kms like European makes

ROFLMAO! He He.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

But emotional nurturing (which includes spending quality time while on long drives or outstation trips) is more important than materialistic nurturing (shopping) IMHO
+ 100

Quote:
No questioning! Coming from a lady's mouth. Will follow sammy boy's advice to T
Anytime . Well there is some one else with the name Sammy Boy here. Make sure you reach to Sam_Boy
Old 16th March 2011, 19:07   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Preaching infidelity?

However, not preaching infidelity, but practicality. How would you know what you like, until you have experienced a lot of varieties?
Same with cars I suppose! How do you find out whether you are a Sedan person, or a SUV person or best with Hatchbacks?
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

So spotting fellow bhpians vehicles with wifey can be fun, but when it comes to whipping out the camera and clicking them. She ends up thinking you are insane. LOL! So lesson learnt while clicking fellow bhpians rides, its better done on your own.

Also while browsing teambhp at times wife still gets upset, especially when there is pending work around the house. So she yells MAHESH can you get off t-bhp and like right NOW! (wifey and close friends call me mash) so i am just wondering when she will start yelling @mdsaab can you log off t-bhp NOW! Hopefully that day is still far off. If she does end up yelling mdsaab. I will know its time not only to log off team-bhp for the day but to shut down the laptop as well. LOL!

Last edited by mdsaab : 22nd March 2011 at 12:46.
Old 26th March 2011, 01:28   #118
BHPian

wish TBHP had something similar to facebook. "Like" this thread.

I super like this
I forwarded this thread to my wife and she also cudnt stop laughing.

but she understands value of TBHP and of the stickers and try not to break lane discipline while driving. last week, she was asking me more about efficient usage of clutch and have referred to the relevant thread here..
Old 26th March 2011, 17:17   #119
BANNED

I am a happy man , no complaints from wife - be it bhp or FB or else

Hmm , I tell you my story ;

12 long years have taken its toll ( like on the express way , you like or not you pay the price ) , Now she knows there is NO CURE for me , so she prays & does all the hard work ( pooja -path ) for me.

If I open my laptop she is happy , why ? because I stay in front of her not under any rusty car .

She thinks its a better scene if I am on bhp Or net rather than looking like a mechanic, specially when my in laws arrive. she thinks I look more dignified on comp when visitors arrive .

But she is proud too , when needed I shut down everything including bhp & take control of the situation . I do everything ,right from cooking to dropping the kid to school, specially when she is sick ( not of me but really ) . There is no Posting on bhp then , its only for few minutes twice a day I log on bhp .

But its calm always , now when she saw few ' Distinguished ' bhpians visiting me she knows I am at least in a good company

Sudarshan
Old 1st April 2011, 14:07   #120
BHPian

At my 2 month new office place, guys are seeing all the bikes coming for TD, and with brochures over my target sheets at cube..
office guys are asking me, "beta, abhi to thik hai.. shaadi ke time kya karne wala hai?" lolz.
translation : "boy, its ok'ish now, what are you going to to do when you're looking to get married!?"

care,
Ace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks