Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 09:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Mdsaab: Could not stop laughing at this !!!

As far as am concerned, my wife has given up on me However, in all honesty and to give credit where it is due, she read the entire PDI List of T-BHP and helped me in doing the PDI for my Jazz.
LOL! i read it again in the quote and was rolling on the floor.
And i swear that's exactly how it happened. No editing.

But our wives are sweet, and they do support us in our car escapades.
Going through a PDI list and doing a PDI for your new car with you.
That's just awesome. Two Thumbs UP!
Old 10th December 2011, 13:03   #212
BHPian

With my 2 and a half year old son getting hooked to discovery turbo, my wife was telling me it's only a while before he becomes another T-bhp addict in the house.
Old 8th November 2012, 18:29   #213
BHPian

My wife tells we would be having double the money we have now if I had worked the time I spent on team-bhp
Old 9th November 2012, 10:01   #214
BHPian

A wife can be bothered if:
a. She doesn't know car-driving / not interest in driving
b. She has never got a chance to explore the available car market before buying a car (either for herself / for the family)
c. The husband adds a new accessory to the car AND Forgetting to gift her something continuously for all festivals / anniversaries / celebrations
d. The husband often admires "Oh dear, how great this car looks" and not "Oh dear, you look so pretty today"
e. The husband often complaints that the she / the kids make the car dirty

Respective ways to overcome these issues:
a. Put her immediately to a good driving class (And Beware guys - a husband trying to teach driving to his wife is the most difficult task on earth - as far as I have seen; If she has a friend who doesn't know driving, it is still better - ask them to form a group and go for a class together: This gives much faster results).
b. Involve her in all possible aspects of choosing your next car. Even if you know she knows nothing about cylinders / EBD, try to compare and give known examples to her so that she starts revving the motorist inside her. She must never feel that you are showing-off that you know too much on cars.
c. Make sure that the number of gifts to wife is always at least 1 count more than the car accessories you add.
d. One can often choose to comment "Oh dear, that new car looks lovely; It is just stunning to imagine me driving it with you sitting beside - you always spice up my life "
e. Never ever complain that the family have spoilt / dirtied the car; instead, take some time to clean them well. Add good fragrances (of the wife's choice) and keep the interiors clean and fresh, your car will then become closely bonded to her like a second home!

Good Luck Guys. I am in the same learning curve too, hope most of us master this art soon and achieve more loveable, sweet miles ahead with our better-halves.

Cheers!!
M
Old 9th November 2012, 10:45   #215
BHPian

Ohhh .. Lots of GURU GYAN here .

You do not need to learn anything more. You are already having a Phd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
[b]

And Beware guys - a husband trying to teach driving to his wife is the most difficult task on earth - as far as I have seen
M
I have done this Sin. I made her to learn driving after delivering our baby when she was still in her maternity leave. Every session was difficult and had a sad end. But somehow I manged to achieve the success and now she is a fluent driver in Bangalore city and guess what, my dad says she is a better driver than me

And guys, if you are giving driving lessons to your wife then do not dare to get into the kitchen. You know what I mean.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:40   #216
BHPian

i just skipped the whole teaching her to drive and got her an automatic instead , problem solved ,

And about the other matter of her having a problem of me reading team-bhp, well it helps if you choose a wife who is addicted to her forums too
Old 11th November 2012, 21:19   #217
BHPian

Interesting thread mdsaab.

My wife has so far not complained about me spending a lot of time on this forum. Primarily because she herself is kept busy by our 3 months old baby girl.

In fact she was very supportive of me researching on T-BHP when we bought our new Verna in late July. I think she must be one of the few ladies who completed the entire pdi entirely on her own when she was almost 9 months pregnant and the baby was due in like couple of weeks. I was unfortunately out of India on an assignment, when she had to take the possession of our new car. She did one heck of a job, I must say . Details are mentioned in my Verna ownership thread, if you are interested in knowing more.

In fact she got quite acquainted with the forum and we use to go through a lot of threads together. She even stumped the Hyundai SA by inquiring about VIN number and explained him what each letter / digit in the vin denoted

Not sure till how long this trend will continue but so far so good

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th November 2012 at 10:32. Reason: Removed extra smiley. Please check the rules regarding the same. Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 23:13   #218
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, here is a suggestion from the soon to be married fellow! I believe there should be PDF document which can be called as the "Relationship agreement" (Those who watch Big Bang Theory will understand) prior to the greatest volcanic eruption in a man's life i.e marriage. The would-be wife/ or the existing one should be told the conditions of the same.

1) After 10:30pm no personal talks, it will be Tbhp from there on.

2) While typing the post; it should be well understood that you will not disturb me as it may lead to an infraction for spelling mistakes. For every infraction received by me, your monthly pocket expense shall be cut by a 1000 rupees.

3) In the event of any type expense that needs to be done on your shopping, it will be only considered once I am logged out of the forum. (Which probably may happen in the rarest of the rear cases)

4) For a Team bhp meet you will be provided a notice of 24 hours. Do your make-up at the speed of 100 km/h so that we are in time and do not miss it. I can miss your TV soap but not the meet.

5) After coming back from work there shall be discussion of team bhp forum over the dinner table irrespective whether you cook Chinese, Japense, Indian or African dishes.

6) After marriage, Please learn driving, because if I am browsing the forum or involved with it then it will be your duty to pick up the kids from school/ coaching class.

The above stated rules are non-negotiable until the life of your husband-cum-bhpian is facing a threat of breakfast, lunch or dinner being discontinued by you until further notice. Please read them carefully before proceeding any further. I appreciate your cooperation in making my life worth living even after marriage.

Thanks

AD
Old 15th April 2014, 10:40   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
... here is a suggestion from the soon to be married fellow ....
Do tell us what happened after presenting this.
Old 15th April 2014, 11:15   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The above stated rules are non-negotiable until the life of your husband-cum-bhpian is facing a threat of breakfast, lunch or dinner being discontinued by you until further notice. Please read them carefully before proceeding any further. I appreciate your cooperation in making my life worth living even after marriage.

Thanks

AD
You have to contact a home pack/home delivery service to continue undisturbed browsing in Team Bhp soon after your marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1 Even i want to know the out come..!

On contrary my wife is cool about Team Bhp. She loves long drives and she is in love with exotic cars and super bikes. When ever she spots a Lamborghini or Ferrari or a Yamaha R1/Cbr 1000 or any other super bike on road the smile rather a grin comes to her face like an automated software! Plus i don't have to tell her to put on the seat belt or wear a helmet while on bike she do these on herself. What i understand is she do love cars and bikes. And one who love cars/bikes cant be against Team Bhp!!!

Last edited by Samba : 15th April 2014 at 11:16.
Old 15th April 2014, 11:20   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
What I can anticipate as of now is:

1) Meals discontinued.

2) My laptops would be put up for sale on OLX (Thanks to their mobile app).

3) Forcibly made to sign an agreement regarding the shopping clause.

4) Whether she may learn driving or not, but I will have to take cooking classes.

5) Team bhp meetings shall be subject to finishing of household jobs like dusting, keeping ironed clothes in cupboard and dropping mom-in-law to the saloon.

6) No night sessions for Team Bhp or else!!!

Thanks

AD
Old 15th April 2014, 11:51   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, here is a suggestion from the soon to be married fellow! I believe there should be PDF document which can be called as the "Relationship agreement" (Those who watch Big Bang Theory will understand) prior to the greatest volcanic eruption in a man's life i.e marriage. The would-be wife/ or the existing one should be told the conditions of the same....

Thanks

AD
Quote:

What I can anticipate as of now is:

AD
Ha ha ha ha. Superb. Just saw this thread and first thing I read was your post. I need to forward it to my would be as and when the time comes.
Mods, sorry for posting so many ha ha 's as I cant put smileys of my expression from my phone and reading this made me laugh madly!! :-D
Old 15th April 2014, 13:02   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Superb. I need to forward it to my would be as and when the time comes.
Mate, Please do the needful as soon as you get the warning from your parents about the forthcoming storm. Always remember "Anticipation is the hallmark of a good husband/ would be husband".

After I get married, I shall start threads like "homeless husbands of team bhp" and probably a "initial marriage review" which shall later turn into "Long-term marriage review" if I survive the punishments in the long run.

The marriage has moments of pride for the wife and moments of plight for a husband!

Thanks

AD
Old 15th April 2014, 13:15   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Relax guys, just chill. If you can manage to keep your 'affair' a secret from your wife, then nothing beats it. But if you are caught red-handed, umm...surfing TBHP, then keep some excuses ready. The best are:

1. Hasn't our car become old? I want you ( in fact - us...rather me) to have this new wonderful car.
2. Looking for our next holiday destination in the travelogues section.
3. Best & guaranteed to work: Honey, I am looking at this section: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ter-chefs.html

Disclaimer: The above points can land you in severe financial or domestic commitments. Use at your own risk & discretion. The writer cannot be held responsible for any of the troubles you may land in.
Old 15th April 2014, 14:08   #225
BHPian

Some really hilarious experiences, and ingenious suggestions there!

Let me share my experience and what worked for me. I knew the addiction for cars and everything related to it won't go, and T-bhp is one of the best available sources for information on such topics. Thus, I started the induction program for my wife during our courtship period.

Here are the steps in chronology of as they happened:
  1. First step was to make her read about my own threads and the comments in it.
  2. Shared some threads with exceptionally high emotional quotient.
  3. Introduced her to "Team-bhpians and their pets"
  4. Shared the thread "How to post in proper English". Being a literature graduate, she became a fan of the forum because she though that this forum gives language the importance it truly deserves.
  5. Shared some magical travelogues and pics, and asked her to shortlist the places she would like to visit. This step worked wonders. After a few weeks I realised even she has got addicted to Team-bhp. The best part was, she started discussing what was being mentioned in threads.
  6. Now, my wife is a fellow Team-bhpian. Not an active contributor but keeps checking it every now and then.
Hope my experience is helpful for the ones sailing in a similar boat(s).

Cheers,
Biraj

Last edited by Biraj : 15th April 2014 at 14:15. Reason: Formatting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks