Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 17:20   #196
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Sugeeta, wasn't that fast? Or is it that you think and your PC types! But hey, lemme not waste my time here. I'm gone to find a hiding place...
Old 29th July 2011, 17:34   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Sugeeta, wasn't that fast? Or is it that you think and your PC types! But hey, lemme not waste my time here. I'm gone to find a hiding place...
I hope some technology of that kind finds its way into our lives soon.

This is one thread that always brings on a smile. So I keep in sync with it.

Thanks mdsaab for starting this thread.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 19:14   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
^^ well well, now I have to say the nodding has partly gotten me into trouble.
A couple of incidents wherein my wife was talking about her brother and another time about her friend. Both the times, I was either nodding/ humming/ hawwing while I had no freaking idea about the topic of discussion or even the person (I got to know this later!)
Both the times, I found some dimwit attempting a stunt right in front of me. The forst time my son was in the car and the (relatively loud) reaction from me was 'what a moron!'. Apparently this went exactly with the dialogue and I was assumed to judge the friend as a moron.
The second time my son was not in the car and the suicidal moron on a two wheeler was too adventurous, so a few choice expletives were used instead. Unfortunately this time the discussion was about her brother (or his car), to which she didnt take to very kindly at all. I do manage to live a charmed life though, as I am still alive to narrate this!

Since then, no more pretending to listen; who knows what I may end up agreeing with. Now I only talk when the hand brake is being used.
Hilarious and i can totally relate to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I hope some technology of that kind finds its way into our lives soon.

This is one thread that always brings on a smile. So I keep in sync with it.

Thanks mdsaab for starting this thread.
Thanks for sharing your experiences too. I thoroughly enjoy this thread, and it is special since it's my first on Team-BHP

~~~

and so today was yet another special day.
Today my wife actually clicked the spy shots of the New Jetta which i uploaded on the New Jetta thread. Ofcourse i had to.
and then she sportingly clicked snaps of the hyper mileage run we had this afternoon. which you can check out on the ANHC Hooked and Booked thread.
So all in all, I am on cloud 9 today
ask my wife and she will say when were you ever off it. LOL!
She probably thinks i am from another planet.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:56   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Today my wife actually clicked the spy shots of the New Jetta which i uploaded on the New Jetta thread. Ofcourse i had to.
and then she sportingly clicked snaps of the hyper mileage run we had this afternoon. which you can check out on the ANHC Hooked and Booked thread.

Good going!! So now that she has started taking interest, when is she joining t-bhp?
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:26   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like she has read that post of yours - the one which posted just before getting into the 1000 club.

Saturday we went out for dinner with my wife’s friend and family, and while walking back, I heard this word ‘bhp’. Adjusted the antenna a bit I heard this “it is a big car community in India, and sometimes he gets busy with those online interactions with other members. He is senior something there. If Lufto (my friend’s husband) need any help with car purchase you can call him."

So now Team-bhp will be known name in Uzbekistan as well
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:45   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Good going!! So now that she has started taking interest, when is she joining t-bhp?
I do hope she joins soon. what would her handle be though?
memsaab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Looks like she has read that post of yours - the one which posted just before getting into the 1000 club.

Saturday we went out for dinner with my wife’s friend and family, and while walking back, I heard this word ‘bhp’. Adjusted the antenna a bit I heard this “it is a big car community in India, and sometimes he gets busy with those online interactions with other members. He is senior something there. If Lufto (my friend’s husband) need any help with car purchase you can call him."

So now Team-bhp will be known name in Uzbekistan as well
Wishful thinking!
and now thats progress buddy. Congratulations!

I am sure one day not too far Team-BHP will be famous around the globe.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:05   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

The missus has started showing a marked interest in the technical side of driving these days. I think it can be attributed to a few T-BHPians finding their way into our social calendars. Also the fact that I seem to have so much unexpected help when looking for solutions to anything automotive. The turning point was when a T-BHPian couriered across original logos for the Vento to substitute the ones that had got flicked (I'd never even set eyes on him till then, met much later) and when I got help for a fuel problem in her Flyte thanks to the gearless scooter thread.

Now she minds my hours on T-BHP (and watching Discovery Turbo) less and less and won't be surprised if you find a noopsterina haunting the forums soon (hey what else would you call the wife of noopster )
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 00:12   #203
BHPian

WoW! What a thread! I am just hoping that my wify doesn't catch me typing this post. I do spend considerable time on the forum before joining and now after joining. While this is total addiction I still need to find some innovative ways to be on the forum without being noticed. I am picking some ideas from fellow members and will soon experiment with some of them.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:44   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Now she minds my hours on T-BHP (and watching Discovery Turbo) less and less and won't be surprised if you find a noopsterina haunting the forums soon (hey what else would you call the wife of noopster )
LOL! Noops. Fantastic, we shall reserve the handle for the Mrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
WoW! What a thread! I am just hoping that my wify doesn't catch me typing this post. I do spend considerable time on the forum before joining and now after joining. While this is total addiction I still need to find some innovative ways to be on the forum without being noticed. I am picking some ideas from fellow members and will soon experiment with some of them.
Welcome to the club Nikhil. I am sure you will find your way to balance it out. The wives do like certain threads on the forum, Travelogues being one of them. btw our dear friend Noops has written quite a few great ones.
All the best.
Browse Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 08:51   #205
Senior - BHPian

A little funny that happened yesterday.
So we were out for lunch yesterday.
Just pulled up to a very popular veg thali restaurant.
The owners just bought a new VW Passat.
We pulled up right next to it.
I have told my wife about the car a million times, forget that her friend who came visiting from Canada recently was also told the same. Another one of her friend's too. My relatives who came from Hong Kong.
Bottomline ~ She has heard me repeat about the new VW Passat a zillion times. ~ But why not, it is a drool worthy car.
anyways moving on.
I point to my right "Hey Babe that's the New VW Passat, you know the one that can park itself"
Wife ~ "Yeah like i don't already know"
Me ~ "But isn't it amazing?"
Wife ~ "Yeah so all the idiot driver has to do is sit there, and it does everything, probably even drives on it's own"
Me ~ "Oh come on, so are you implying that if i buy the Passat that I'm an idiot!?!"
Wife ~ "NO, you don't need to buy one for that!"

Lunch was rather quiet after that.
But still i do enjoy talking to my wife about various cars and new launches.
Maybe i am an idiot
mdsaab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:38   #206
BHPian

I think the heading for the thread could be Team BHP and Our Lives (which obviously includes Wives).
The influence of T-BHP is phenomenal that you cannot hide it and surely bears its effect on our personal and family lives.
Like anything there is a limit for everything including hobbies and habits (such as T-bhp) and such limit should be known to each individual.
Just like any other social media that has good and bad, T-BHP is no different and one need to understand this and use their own wisdom in deciding their overall lives objectives closely balancing with other activities and commitments in life.
I don't want to sound philosophical (though I have already), just a friendly advise to all member (especially the young ones in their youthful indiscretion) to strike an optimum balance with T-BHP so that not only our wives but also our lives are taken care
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:03   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wife ~ "Yeah so all the idiot driver has to do is sit there, and it does everything, probably even drives on it's own"
Me ~ "Oh come on, so are you implying that if i buy the Passat that I'm an idiot!?!"
what a shot that was! You pulled it on yourself sir. Oh my god, I just cannot stop laughing. You must have been dumb stuck. TBhp not only invokes fights, seems its provoking the funny side of people too.
@mdsaab, TBHP is already in Germany and USA. Atleast I have made it popular among my ZGerman friends. ZThey are in love wizth it. Jokes apart, these guys amazing to see the level of technical knowledge and eye of detail we in TBHP have and our unbiased reviews is what that has amazed them the most.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:14   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo

what a shot that was! You pulled it on yourself sir. Oh my god, I just cannot stop laughing. You must have been dumb stuck. TBhp not only invokes fights, seems its provoking the funny side of people too.
@mdsaab, TBHP is already in Germany and USA. Atleast I have made it popular among my ZGerman friends. ZThey are in love wizth it. Jokes apart, these guys amazing to see the level of technical knowledge and eye of detail we in TBHP have and our unbiased reviews is what that has amazed them the most.
And now you know why i love this thread soo much.
It's absolutely hilarious and uplifting.
I guess once the wives get over the fact that T-BHP is here to stay, they adjust to it rather well.

Fantastic on you mate for promoting T-BHP in Germany.
But seeing how great our forum is, you won't have a tough time doing so.
Drive Safe!
Old 27th August 2011, 13:08   #209
BHPian

This happened a couple of years ago.

My wife was saying something to me from other room, while I was busy surfing T-BHP.
She came to me in front (between me and the computer literally) and said

Wifey: Can you tell me what I just told you?
Me: You told me that you are going to the market
Wifey: Very good, I know you would say something. I know what you are doing (she means me surfing T-BHP).
Me: really ?
Wifey: I think I will go to Market and then to my Mom's place just because you have selective hearing.

This was sometime back. I started bribing her for driving lessons and she is starting to understand more about the T-BHP and the cars.
Naturalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 20:02   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I point to my right "Hey Babe that's the New VW Passat, you know the one that can park itself"
Wife ~ "Yeah like i don't already know"
Me ~ "But isn't it amazing?"
Mdsaab: Could not stop laughing at this !!!

As far as am concerned, my wife has given up on me However, in all honesty and to give credit where it is due, she read the entire PDI List of T-BHP and helped me in doing the PDI for my Jazz.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks