Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 07:43   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

and this thread has come alive again.
the humor goes up a notch this time round.
Sugeeta that conversation was hilarious. and congratulations your new Fiesta shall be with your shortly, BTW saw one on the road yesterday and i was mighty impressed with the looks.
ironh4wk and others. We shall get there someday, tension mat lo!
Old 8th July 2011, 08:56   #167
Team-BHP Support

Something funny happened this morning. We were in a taxi, on the way to office. In one of the traffic signal, we got next to a white VW Scirocco, and a conversation started:

Wifey: What car is this?
Me: It’s a Volkswagen Scirocco
Wifey: What does your BCP’s opinion on this car?
Me: It’s not BCP, its Team-BHP. It’s not available in India, and hence not much discussion on it
Wifey: Ok, I will go for driving classes, and you can buy me this car.
Me: What... but you don’t like cars with just 2-doors?
Wifey: Well, I liked this. And I also liked the big Mini with 4-door. It looks much better than what Chris is driving*
Me: Ok…

*Chris, our flashy local friend drives a light blue Mini Cooper.

Now, the positive from the above conversation is, she started talking about cars. The negative is, she started talking about really expensive small cars!
Old 8th July 2011, 09:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Do you still have the KB125 with you?
OT:
indeed. however, i've left it at my parents place in Thrissur for my dad to use. its not in the best of health and i'm two minds about whether to restore it (my first bike) or give it away (its a 2stroke).

Quote:
Something funny happened this morning. We were in a taxi, on the way to office. In one of the traffic signal, we got next to a white VW Scirocco, and a conversation started:

Now, the positive from the above conversation is, she started talking about cars. The negative is, she started talking about really expensive small cars!
at least you got her started. look at the bright side - in case you end up buying the Scirocco for her, you can write the ownership review!
Old 8th July 2011, 11:40   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Now, she joins T-BHP (it is inevitable), comes across this thread (it is inevitable), then :

1. She does not know your handle on T-BHP - If you are lucky (heave a sigh of relief!!)
2. She knows you handle on T-BHP - If you are unlucky (run, run, run for your life)

She will be angry for 2 days, then she will be fine. But you have converted her to a T-BHP addict. Victory !!
My situation is quite unenviable. It is point 2 with added risk.
She knows my handle on tbhp and knows that she can read the thread without being a member.
My SOS to you was about what reason can I offer to explain my honest post (Edit: diatribe in a moment of weakness!). Or is it already too late for that?! I can already visualise her increasing the speed on my treadmill or feeding me more bland non spicy food or drink a cup of milk. I shudder at the thought

I will try to contact my friends who can put me up for some days. Unfortunately, I am also going to find out that none of them will have any sympathy for me

I take the opportunity to also claim that I mean this all in jest

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th July 2011 at 11:42.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:00   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting.

Off topic- I do see lots of them on the resale market. Seems like the model didn't do well.
Old 8th July 2011, 14:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I take the opportunity to also claim that I mean this all in jest
In case she is reading.

Pack your bags & go underground for a few days.
Old 8th July 2011, 14:56   #172
Senior - BHPian

Vb-san
Are you lucky or what? And IMHO thats some great taste. Hope to see a new ownership thread soon.
Old 8th July 2011, 15:16   #173
Senior - BHPian

@vb-san: you are a lucky guy! Your wife is talking about small and sporty cars that you can possibly think of being able to buy.

Mine, on the other hand, also talks about small and expensive cars. Like the Audi R8.
Old 8th July 2011, 21:56   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
at least you got her started. look at the bright side - in case you end up buying the Scirocco for her, you can write the ownership review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Are you lucky or what? And IMHO thats some great taste. Hope to see a new ownership thread soon.
New ownership thread of a Scirocco! Quite unlikely. It’s a great car no doubt, but least practical in Singapore. I won’t mind a Mini Countryman though

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
@vb-san: you are a lucky guy! Your wife is talking about small and sporty cars that you can possibly think of being able to buy.

Mine, on the other hand, also talks about small and expensive cars. Like the Audi R8.
Well, talking about cars itself is good - whether it is small or expensive. Maybe she is talking of a R8, so that an A1 become a reality
Old 8th July 2011, 23:05   #175
dot
Senior - BHPian

A few things have happened since my first post on this thread till date.

1. Wifey has resigned to the fact that laptop on means the website is on the browser. Previous questions like "what are doing??" have disappeared.

2. Once, when I was very busy browsing, a task was given to dump clothes from the old basket into the washing machine and start the damn thing. Later in the day she realized that all the clothes wore a strange orange stain. Apparently I had mixed up all the clothes which were supposed to be separated and washed sequentially. How on earth I was supposed to know?

For some unknown reason, I dont receive any tasks these days when laptop is on.

3. During a normal conversation if I quip in with some anecdote or some data, the response is "Oh, did someone write that in TBHP?" or "Why dont you check it with your new friends?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Edit: Sugeeta, as the name would suggest.. is not sir, as confirmed by her below
Thank goodness Guderian is not to be seen these days.

Last edited by dot : 8th July 2011 at 23:07.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:13   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

BTW, What the heck this is supposed to mean. Thank goodness Guderian is not to be seen these days.
It means Sugeeta (which evidently is a feminine name and unlike vina which too is a feminine name but handle of a male member here) is not sir as I mistakenly addressed her in one of my previous posts ( sir is not used as a common noun here) and that was what she mentioned a few posts below the quoted post.

BTW what the heck anything this got to mean has got anything to do with thanking goodness for Guderian not being seen these days?
Old 8th July 2011, 23:45   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Would be interesting to know if there are any couples who are both active on t-bhp
anyone?
This post says it all. I have observed that most couples, underlined because it does NOT apply to all, are mismatched. I have noted at resorts, the honeymooning couples, when she wants to dance, he does not and has 2 left feet, he wants to swim, she will sit by the poolside and watch him(maybe even advise him what to do though she has never ever entered a pool) and so on. Therefore occasionally you read about couples who are happily married for 50 or more years, it is a news item because it is so rare, and then is mostly so because HE keeps shut.
I am posting here because I am momentarily bored, hate the T.V. serial going on (just guess who is watching that) and not much happening in the vintage section.
I am sure many married folks will immediately be able to identify and comprehend, those not yet married or too recently married may learn as time passes.

Cheers harit

P.S. just noticed that posting here does not add to your number of posts

Last edited by harit : 8th July 2011 at 23:47.
Old 9th July 2011, 09:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New ownership thread of a Scirocco! Quite unlikely. It’s a great car no doubt, but least practical in Singapore. I won’t mind a Mini Countryman though
I will live with the countryman ownership review! bring it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
A few things have happened since my first post on this thread till date.

1. Wifey has resigned to the fact that laptop on means the website is on the browser. Previous questions like "what are doing??" have disappeared.

2. Once, when I was very busy browsing, a task was given to dump clothes from the old basket into the washing machine and start the damn thing. Later in the day she realized that all the clothes wore a strange orange stain. Apparently I had mixed up all the clothes which were supposed to be separated and washed sequentially. How on earth I was supposed to know?

For some unknown reason, I dont receive any tasks these days when laptop is on.

3. During a normal conversation if I quip in with some anecdote or some data, the response is "Oh, did someone write that in TBHP?" or "Why dont you check it with your new friends?"
I have messed up the laundry more than once. Lost the laundry contract. Promised to do it properly henceforth. and now am finally back to doing it again. Doing these small chores leads to a more relaxed environment at home, which in turn leads to more browsing time on T-BHP! WIN WIN I SAY!

As regarding the new friends! i have heard "why don't you ask Dot quite a few times" LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This post says it all. I have observed that most couples, underlined because it does NOT apply to all, are mismatched. I have noted at resorts, the honeymooning couples, when she wants to dance, he does not and has 2 left feet, he wants to swim, she will sit by the poolside and watch him(maybe even advise him what to do though she has never ever entered a pool) and so on. Therefore occasionally you read about couples who are happily married for 50 or more years, it is a news item because it is so rare, and then is mostly so because HE keeps shut

I have observed the honeymoon couples at resorts and seen the same too. And as you rightly mentioned not all but most.

Posting here is for the fun of it. Contributing to the laugh riot and reducing the stress and pressures of married life. hence no one looks at the post count when posting here. LOL!
Old 9th July 2011, 09:06   #179
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Posting here is for the fun of it. Contributing to the laugh riot and reducing the stress and pressures of married life. hence no one looks at the post count when posting here. LOL!
I will add to what mdsaab said (how did he read my mind?)

TBHp is another mistress. So you need accept certain things like instructions in the swimming pool from outside.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:50   #180
Senior - BHPian

Though this post does not count on my way to becoming a senior. This was my first thread on the forum. Dedicated to my Dear wife.
And so on the final posts towards the transition.
Would like to post a few words of kudos to my wife.
In the years before Team-BHP, even before we were married. You would listen to me rant on about my most passionate subject, after you ofcourse. And that's Cars. You have beared with my ongoing monlogues and even sermons about cars.
So here are a few lines, telling you how special you make me feel. And to thank you for your continued support for my logging on here. Thanks for always being there for me. Together we shall Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks