Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:45   #406
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

^^ West to East side is closed & apparently work will carry on till 31st May, this is what i read on Twitter. Will wait for further info from newspapers in the coming days.
Old 24th April 2013, 09:03   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
There is truck stalled at IIT going towards jogeshwari and the whole road is in a mess right from eastern express highway so kindly avoid the road if possible and take kailash complex road to powai.
I was stuck in that mess yesterday and experiened it today too although there was no breakdown. The reason for a jam at this point is that the buses (private & BEST) from the service lane enter the main road thus blocking two lanes and forcing traffic build up. Although the service lane concretization in front of Ramakrishna hotel is almost done, the sooner it is thrown open for traffic the better it will be.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 11:19   #408
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

One side of Malad Subway - going from West to East side is closed till 31st May. Western Railway is extending the old subway to accomodate the sixth railway line from Mumbai Central to Borivali.

As per the news article below, the Traffic Police will allow traffic in both direction to pass by halting the vehicles in one direction & vice versa. But in reality - which I checked & confirmed yesterday evening & today morning the traffic flow from Malad West to Malad East dirrection is totally barred from passing through subway.

Coming days (till 31st May) would bring tough times for Malad / Goregaon / Kandivali motorists passing though choked Kandivali & Goregoan fly-overs.

News link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19704135.cms

Thanks,
Old 24th April 2013, 12:00   #409
BHPian

The west approach road to Khar Subway is also under repairs, causing long jams on either side of Khar subway. Avoid this road till monsoons, or till it gets fixed. Whichever is earlier.

Hopefully the Milan flyover should be opened by June 2013.
Old 24th April 2013, 13:43   #410
Senior - BHPian

Heads Up !

The digging for construction of the Kherwadi flyover begins on Monday. Get set for huge jams from monday evenings at Kherwadi. 30 months is the estimated time of completion..
Old 24th April 2013, 14:03   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I was stuck in that mess yesterday and experiened it today too although there was no breakdown. The reason for a jam at this point is that the buses (private & BEST) from the service lane enter the main road thus blocking two lanes and forcing traffic build up. Although the service lane concretization in front of Ramakrishna hotel is almost done, the sooner it is thrown open for traffic the better it will be.
There used to be a policeman controlling traffic a the point where traffic from service lane joins main road. He has disappeared, not seen for over a week now. That is the cause of traffic build up.
Old 24th April 2013, 14:38   #412
Senior - BHPian

Can someone inform about the flyover that can be seen on SV Road at Jogeshwari near the tabela. Where does it originate from and where is it going to lead to. I dont see any work going there at all.
Old 24th April 2013, 14:59   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Yesterday's jam was all due to the stalled truck. It was jammed up since before 8.

I was stuck in there too. Had to reach Bandra at 9, left Thane at 7:30, could reach only upto the start of Gandhinagar flyover by 8:30. Finally got frustated, took a U turn and took the EEH till Sion, which was again jammed up. Finally reached bandra after 10

Apart from the Radhakrishna hotel lane, the Hanuman tample is the 2nd major obstruction, and the autorities are wary of doing anything to it on account of it being a temple(I've heard rumours that 2 contractors who did try to get it razed had deaths in their family)

With the number of cars increasing and nothing *significant* being done to the roads, yesterday's situation will likely become a daily thing soon
Old 24th April 2013, 15:03   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Can someone inform about the flyover that can be seen on SV Road at Jogeshwari near the tabela. Where does it originate from and where is it going to lead to. I dont see any work going there at all.
There are 2 flyovers coming up.

1 ) That originates from behind the Hub mall on WEH and goes straight over the railway tracks and SV road into Andheri west - should land somewhere in rear vicinity of the lane which has YRF and Balaji Studios.

2 ) Will originate from the junction of the WEH & JVLR - go over the tracks at Jogeshwari railway station onto SV road.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:09   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
There are 2 flyovers coming up.

1 ) That originates from behind the Hub mall on WEH and goes straight over the railway tracks and SV road into Andheri west - should land somewhere in rear vicinity of the lane which has YRF and Balaji Studios.

2 ) Will originate from the junction of the WEH & JVLR - go over the tracks at Jogeshwari railway station onto SV road.

The one at Hub mall is to travel from West to East as i can see it coming down on the opposite side of Hub Mall.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
The one at Hub mall is to travel from West to East as i can see it coming down on the opposite side of Hub Mall.
Both are East-West. One goes over Jogeshwari station to take the traffic on JVLR to SV road.

The other gets people from Lokhandwala / Andheri west to WEH
Old 24th April 2013, 15:21   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Both are East-West. One goes over Jogeshwari station to take the traffic on JVLR to SV road.

The other gets people from Lokhandwala / Andheri west to WEH
Oh thats good if both are both ways. If these become functional then it would ease out a lot of load on the goregaon east west flyover. Peak time traffic is a pain on this flyover.
Old 25th April 2013, 11:08   #418
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

As Malad Subway is closed for West to East direct traffic there is heavy traffic built-up on S.V Road till start of Goregaon Flyover.

It took my almost 45 minutes on my bike to cross a distance of mere 4 kms from Marve Road junction to Oberoi Mall on Western Express Highway. Had I been travelling by Car it would have atleast took me 75 minutes to cross this stretch.

Seems I will have to travel through Kandivali fly-over till the time Malad subway is re-opened.

Thanks,
Old 25th April 2013, 12:35   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Seems I will have to travel through Kandivali fly-over till the time Malad subway is re-opened.

Thanks,
Kandivali East to WEH is all dug up and will take at least 30 mins if not more. Between 10AM to 1PM its even worse, don’t know why. Only option now is Borivali Flyover.
abhijitvp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 13:36   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

As Malad Subway is closed for West to East direct traffic there is heavy traffic built-up on S.V Road till start of Goregaon Flyover.

It took my almost 45 minutes on my bike to cross a distance of mere 4 kms from Marve Road junction to Oberoi Mall on Western Express Highway. Had I been travelling by Car it would have atleast took me 75 minutes to cross this stretch.

Thanks,
The road after kandivali flyover when going towards WEH is also crowded most of the time.
I'm talking about the road under the skywalk near big bazaar and growels 101.
It's a big pain to reach the highway from kandivali or malad west.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks