Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 23:15   #3646
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
One of my regular airport run cab driver actually had this laminated and hasn't stuck this to the windshield. He takes it out when he passes the toll and it's worked for him every single time. Not a bad Idea. What I'm not sure is if such an arrangement is valid after all.
This is perfectly fine. I have done so from the inception mainly because the high mounted scanner doesn't always work in some toll plazas, so its easier to show it to the attendants who are now issued "scan guns". If the high mounted scanner is working, simply hold it up as you roll thru.
Ash_vtec is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 19:17   #3647
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
A few questions:

What happens to the current tag (with the current provider) when a car is sold?

What happens to any existing money remaining on the tag and how would one get it back (because say I buy a new car after selling this one, I need that existing money transferred to the new car and not lose it)?

What happens off the buyer has an existing tag account and wishes to add either this or a new tag for this car to his account?

What happens if the buyer does not bother to "transfer" the tag to his name etc.?

And when I buy a new car from the showroom that comes with Fastag already installed, would I have a choice of service provider (say ICICI over PayTm or Axis Bank etc.), or am I stuck with whatever the dealer/manufacturer has installed? Would I be able to switch later?
I can tell you the possible options I have with an Equitas fastag wallet that I have on 2 cars. The wallet is common.

So In case I add a new car I can request a new tag from them.

If I have a pre-existing tag on the car I buy, I would have to give Equitas the Tag ID (along with KYC docs at the nearest branch) and they should be able to update it to reflect in my wallet (haven't tried it).

In case I sell a car, I can push all money in that tag (except for the min balance of INR 100) to my wallet. Then I can request for a TAG cancellation which should refund the amount to my wallet or even if that does not happen, I lose only 100 bucks.

Even if I have no wallet, and irrespective of the tag provider, I can charge anyone's fastag with the following UPI VPA: netc.<vehicle reg no>@<tag provider>, you are most welcome to try this out on netc.rj14nc6162@equitas
Only thing is that you won't get debit SMS since the who knows which phone number is linked with that tag.

I am sure that new car buyer details are pre-KYC'd based on the paper work you provide. The new car fast tags should come with an associated wallet login details, I think.

In any case, you should be able to Re-KYC with the TAG provider to update details when you buy or sell a car.

On a separate note:

I have problems with the high mounted scanners reading my card on the Agra Lucknow E-way. It works on all entry/exit gates except for the main toll plaza on Agra side. While exiting (towards Agra, I go to the lane with the hand held scanner to avoid the hassle, that works fine. But while starting the journey in the other direction, they say they do not have any hand held scanners as they only work on exit points. Since that is the entry point of the E-way, they do not have hand held scanners. Which I believe is total BS. Why does a hand held scanner allow me to enter from all other smaller entry points (Etawah, Fatehbad etc.)?

I have sent a feedback to NETC / NPCI and Eagle Infra (which runs the tolls), and they seem to have done nothing about it.

Anyone else had this issue of lack of hand held scanners at the entry point of the E-way??

Last edited by Tgo : 31st October 2019 at 19:38. Reason: merged another query
Tgo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 00:41   #3648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post

I couldn't find any option in ICICI FAStag website to add 2nd car.
Here you go.

Step 1-

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-untitled.jpg

Step 2-

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-untitled1.jpg
Samba is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 09:16   #3649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I received an application form while paytm delivered tag in an envelope. Should I fill that send it back to paytm ?

I see that wallet is linked and tag is in active state. Please advise.
No action is required, for some reason, Paytm sends a form even though tag is already active.

So please ignore the application form.
Motor_Nut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 09:29   #3650
Senior - BHPian

As Fastag becomes mandatory from 01st Dec.19, I have two questions.

1. Which is the best Fastag ? I know there will be mixed reviews but just wanted to know.
2. I have a dashcam installed right in the centre, below the rear view mirror and I cant change the location of this. All videos and instructions of Fastag mention that the RFID sticker is supposed to be stuck in the centre of the windscreen. Is it mandatory to do so, or I can install it at the side like PUC?
Old 1st November 2019, 09:41   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Here you go.
I have added the new car. Below message appears and it says "pending".

How much time it takes for activate and further payment process?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20191101_093654.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 1st November 2019 at 10:12. Reason: fixing quote
Sukanta73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 11:05   #3652
BHPian

NPCI provided this link in their FB post, hope this is useful.

https://www.npci.org.in/request-fast...8CnyJY35FGknJY
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191101110343.png  

Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 13:08   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
NPCI provided this link in their FB post, hope this is useful.
While they make the Tag mandatory I wish they also enforce some fines for people who drive in either without a FastTag or with no balance on the FastTag.

These days I have observed that even people with a FastTag sticker do not bother to charge it and they end up wasting other peoples time as they pay cash in the FastTag lane.
Old 1st November 2019, 13:51   #3654
BHPian

I am thinking of getting a fastag from ICICI. My concerns are that I am also fixed on getting (or rather trading in the current car and getting) a new car in the first couple of months next year. So what happens to the old fastag account ?

I was thinking of waiting to get one until the new car but I have to travel next month and don't want to face any hassles on account of not having a fastag.
Old 1st November 2019, 16:07   #3655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
I have added the new car. Below message appears and it says "pending".

How much time it takes for activate and further payment process?

Thanks in advance.
Am not sure, how many days it will take. Should be around 8 working days. They will deduct Rs 449 for your second car, from your wallet balance.

For any doubt with respect to your account, you can call their customer care at 1800 210 0104. They are quite helpful. I have called them a few times and was satisfied by their response.

Last edited by Samba : 1st November 2019 at 16:08.
Samba is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 14:14   #3656
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Will the card not be debited according to your entry and exit points?
Taking example of Pune expressway the initial debit will be of minimum amount, the other exit will then debit the balance. In case of same day return initial debit will be full, if you return within 24 hrs the balance is automatically adjusted.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 15:27   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
While they make the Tag mandatory I wish they also enforce some fines for people who drive in either without a FastTag or with no balance on the FastTag.

These days I have observed that even people with a FastTag sticker do not bother to charge it and they end up wasting other peoples time as they pay cash in the FastTag lane.
I will not intentionally load mine now. They do double debits especially in Bangalore and never revert the charges, especially ICICI fastag at ecity flyover.
Happened twice already, and it exhausts me to chase them with 0 results on call, bank-sites and twitter. Sometimes they charge double in the same pass and send time separated sms' leaving one with no proof against the debits. Without a proper grievance redressal the implementation sucks. Absolutely despise fastag.

Last edited by AppyS : 3rd November 2019 at 15:29.
Old 4th November 2019, 09:38   #3658
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag worked at all tolls (again) without a hitch during my Bangalore-Shimoga-Kollur-Sringeri-Hassan-Bangalore trip. The tolls were on NH 48 in onward journey and NH 75 + NH 48 on return journey .

Since I choose to drive in between the holiday weekend, the traffic was very less, but still did find examples of needlessly impatient drivers at toll plazas, like this one.

During my return journey, at the Shanthigrama toll plaza near Hassan, I was in the Fastag lane behind an oil tanker and the adjacent lane had about 4-5 cars in line and suddenly this Scorpio drives straight in between the lanes and try to nudge in front of the oil tanker. Since he didn't have a Fastag, the security guard refused to let him in and he immediately turns right and sneaks in to the adjacent lane This car had dark tints (sun film ?) and was being driven extremely fast.

At this toll, the oil tanker moved quickly and I followed next and probably had driven another 3-4 Km before the Scorpio emerged again. I was already on the left lane, so he just zoomed past and I never saw him again at any of the tolls, good riddance. By the looks, definitely some goons, so always better to stay away from such characters.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-scorp-shanthigrama.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 4th November 2019 at 09:41.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 10:26   #3659
Senior - BHPian

Noticed that ICICI FASTag system has started sending out Email alerts in addition to SMS alerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
... the traffic was very less, but still did find examples of needlessly impatient drivers at toll plazas...
Just another entitled prick. Let them be, they will end up where they belong, eventually. Only, we have to stay away from them.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:03   #3660
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Noticed that ICICI FASTag system has started sending out Email alerts in addition to SMS alerts.
Yes, for the first time I have a bunch of emails from ICICI for eToll transactions for my recent trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks