Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2019, 12:11   #3631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Will the card not be debited according to your entry and exit points?
That's what I'm wondering. Is that how it'd work? Not sure since this is my first fastag.
Old 27th October 2019, 12:46   #3632
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Just ordered 2 Fastags for our cars from HDFC. Hope they work properly. Have seen mostly positive reviews for HDFC in this thread, so got it for ₹500 per tag.

It's not like we do highway trips regularly but just wanted to be sure incase not having one creates any problems in the future.

Also read somewhere that Fastags are going to be mandatory from December 1 and for non-Fastag users, the toll will be doubled. Is this true?
Old 28th October 2019, 08:12   #3633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Also read somewhere that Fastags are going to be mandatory from December 1 and for non-Fastag users, the toll will be doubled. Is this true?
Yes, you can find the notification shared in Ministry of road transport and highways, Facebook page below.

However, due to lack of interest on toll operators side and the general laxity from NHAI on all matters related to Fastag, i doubt if this deadline will be followed.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fb_img_1572230234137.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 11:09   #3634
BHPian

Is it ok to temporarily stick the tag using cello tape (as the wind shield needs to be replaced)? I presume it should not be an issue if the thin 3M butter paper would cause any hindrance to the scanning process.

More importantly, will the toll booth guys kick up a fuss because of the tag not stuck completely?
Old 28th October 2019, 11:24   #3635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Is it ok to temporarily stick the tag using cello tape (as the wind shield needs to be replaced)? I presume it should not be an issue if the thin 3M butter paper would cause any hindrance to the scanning process.

More importantly, will the toll booth guys kick up a fuss because of the tag not stuck completely?
From these 2 posts, looks like it shouldn't be a problem if you use the temporary solution described in your post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4671350 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4671607 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Toll booth guys couldn't care less, as long as your tag works.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 11:39   #3636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

I have used a normal cello tape and it works perfectly fine.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 13:50   #3637
BHPian

Is it really an effective way to save time on toll plaza? Because I can see so many complaints regarding FASTag getting double charged, getting the status as blacklisted (even if it's not), poor or no response from customer care service, inadvertently travelers spending more time than regular cash pay method, not to mention only one lane for FASTag cars, and the lanes will be flooded after 1st December.

Apparently Paytm has hit the jackpot as government is making FASTag mandatory from 1st Dec 2019, and it's not at all free, 500 to 700/tag is a considerable amount of money (there are more than 21 crore vehicles registered in India and count data is from 2015)

The road conditions are rather secondary or tertiary issues which can be rectified before next election

What government should actually do is, to make FASTag more lucrative by offering discount on tolls paid via FASTag
Old 28th October 2019, 14:54   #3638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Is it really an effective way to save time on toll plaza?
I got on the Fastag bandwagon in November 2016. In my experience it has reduced my travel time from Bangalore to Chennai by an average 45 minutes, and from Bangalore to Palakkad by 1 hour+. When I travel alone I mostly drive non-stop, so all this time saving is attributable to Fastag. I firmly believe it is quite an effective way to save time at toll plazas.

Having said that, there are some toll booths where it is not of much use; Attibele on the outskirts of Bangalore is a prime example - due to the sheer volume of vehicles that pass through it daily.

Quote:
What government should actually do is, to make FASTag more lucrative by offering discount on tolls paid via FASTag
It already exists; I probably have recovered the cost of the tags through the cashbacks.
Old 28th October 2019, 15:03   #3639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Asking a question on similar lines, especially to PayTM FasTag users. I'm a PayTM FasTag user for quite some time. Now with it becoming mandatory from 1st December, I need another tag for my Dad's car. He doesn't use PayTM and is not much into digital thing. So can I apply for it from my PayTM account? Has anyone tried this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Yes, when applying quote yourself as driver. This will need 2 sets of IDs (owner + your) and vehicle docs. Used this to get Fastag for my car which is registered in dad's name.

Not sure if you can have tags for cars on different person's names attached to same PayTM account. But you can definitely apply and see.
I just linked my Paytm account to a fastag registered for my wife's car.
Inquisitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 15:12   #3640
BHPian

I have a car that is never used on the highways and would never need a fastag.
But suppose if needed, can I pass the toll booth with the car after december by paying a fine?

There are no toll booths in the place I stay and I have another car with a working fastag.
Old 28th October 2019, 15:51   #3641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently Paytm has hit the jackpot as government is making FASTag mandatory from 1st Dec 2019, and it's not at all free, 500 to 700/tag is a considerable amount of money (there are more than 21 crore vehicles registered in India and count data is from 2015)
Factually incorrect statement: FASTag initial costs are ₹500 which comprises of ₹200 one-time non-refundable tag cost, ₹200 refundable security deposit & ₹100 balance (usable from the minute the tag is activated).

Any excess charges (>₹500) are not authorized and should be reported. For me as a very early adopter of FASTag has allowed me countless precious minutes saved at crowded toll plazas + smooth expensing of tolls when driving on work (super useful) and a avoidance of fiddly cash/change issues at booths.

I agree MoRTH & IHMCL have to radically increase investment to meet the post-December demand.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 18:01   #3642
BHPian

Just now I received the FASTag from ICICI for my Marazzo. I am bit confused where to fix the tag?

Experts please advice, if possible please mark in attach picture.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20191030_175948.jpg

I have 2 cars. Already I got a FASTag for one car. So for second car do I need to open the another account (online)?

I couldn't find any option in ICICI FAStag website to add 2nd car.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2019 at 20:34. Reason: Posts merged. Picture inserted in-line. Typos.
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 20:10   #3643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Just now I received the fastag from ICICI for my Marazzo. I am bit confused where to fix the tag?

Experts please advice, if possible please mark in attach picture.
I fixed it exactly as shown in the pamphlet that came with the ICICI FASTag, and it worked just fine. Just ensure that the tag is not covered by the Black dotted line at the borders of the windshield.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th October 2019 at 20:11.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 21:28   #3644
BHPian

I received an application form while paytm delivered tag in an envelope. Should I fill that send it back to paytm ?

I see that wallet is linked and tag is in active state. Please advise.
Old 30th October 2019, 22:15   #3645
Senior - BHPian

One of my regular airport run cab driver actually had this laminated and hasn't stuck this to the windshield. He takes it out when he passes the toll and it's worked for him every single time. Not a bad Idea. What I'm not sure is if such an arrangement is valid after all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks