Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 11:37   #4576
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
I don't want to make this a political debate but it seems present govt is in a hurry to launch half cooked measures . It pains when one diligently pays approx 50% in taxes and then faces these sort of issues.
Partly agree with you, its not hurry, its been 3 years since launch of Fastag yet implementation is shabby. And its just 550 toll booths across India. My rants on implementation.

1. Inferior quality Scanners, sometimes have to move back and forth to detect. So now its become semi-automatic, since someone has to sit in booth and tell where to move to car to scan correctly.
2. Instead of handing over Banks to sell RFIDs, should have been one single RFID and should have enabled all payment options to recharge.
3. No proper instructions to Toll booth operator or user, what to do when scanner is not working.
Old 6th January 2020, 12:08   #4577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Partly agree with you, its not hurry, its been 3 years since launch of Fastag yet implementation is shabby. And its just 550 toll booths across India.
I strongly disagree here. MoRTH & NHAI have been struggling to push FASTags since 2015/6 against the consolidated might of the individual concessionaires (private sector), who did not want it imposed on them. NHAI has seen a 40% jump in toll collections, money that was being seamlessly siphoned off by concessionaires and/or their staff.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/infrastruct...me-4896481.htm

Even now, a lot of bright people are figuring out ways to beat the system being put in place. Unfortunately in India, it is only when a draconian measure is put in place that we get results, and that is a sad reflection of a lack of basic ethics retold across many sectors.

These teething problems are inevitable in India due to the massive scale of the exercise, Net connectivity, multiple parties, unique requirements like exempted local residents, monthly passes etc.

However and slowly but surely, it will aid India moving towards a more fairer gantry-based pay-as-you-use tolling system.

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th January 2020 at 12:14.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:17   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I strongly disagree here. MoRTH & NHAI have been struggling to push FASTags since 2015/6 against the consolidated might of the individual concessionaires (private sector), who did not want it imposed on them.
We are talking about the will of govt and shabby implementation, not of MORTH & NHAI, they are just another govt organization.
Old 6th January 2020, 12:28   #4579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
We are talking about the will of govt and shabby implementation, not of MORTH & NHAI, they are just another govt organization.
My comment stands. The GoI 'will' in this case is being implemented through MoRTH and NHAI. They are not "just another govt. organization".

Had even a modicum of support come from private concessionaires, this would have been rolled out years ago. I have been an adopter of FASTag since 2016 and wholly appreciate the challenges involved in setting this up.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:31   #4580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have been an adopter of FASTag since 2016 and wholly appreciate the challenges involved in setting this up.
I share the same sentiments being an early adopter as well. Most of the times, it is the lacklustre attitude of the booth staff that has resulted in bad experiences while passing booths equipped with FASTag.

Overall, the need of the hour is for the big bosses manning each of these booths to ensure discipline and strict passage for cash and FASTag users come what may.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:53   #4581
BANNED

Every single cash transaction is a potential point for generating black money. Even payment of wages, in cash is a leakage point. I can point out any number of "wage" payment to ostensible labour is, in fact made to non-existent persons, to be siphoned off.
Even cash payment with computerised bills dont assure that the amount shown in the bill as tax is handed over to the government.
With digital payment, this is not possible. Obviously, gso many people will hate digital payments.
This is not just taxes or NHAI alone. Most operators are public limited, listed entities or their subsidiaries. Channelising money into black channel denies shareholders their dues.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 6th January 2020 at 12:57.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:05   #4582
BHPian

Got My Fastag from Airtel, smooth transparent process. Have stuck it on the left side of the glass and loaded 500 into the airtel wallet. Yesterday did a drive from Navi Mumbai to Lonvala and back, had no issues during the entire journey, the scanner was able to read the tag and got the update SMS on the amount debited from my account.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:34   #4583
BHPian

What is your experience with HDFC Fastag ?

I have been using it for last one and half month and I am not at all satisfied with HDFC services.

Their customer service no 18001201243 is always busy 24x7!

Transaction Notification SMS comes at least 1 hour later from the time of actual transaction.

Website is just pathetic with lot of bugs! You need to try multiple times to log in to do a simple recharge! One cannot recharge thru BHIM/UPI or at least I do not know the UPI process to recharge HDFC Fastag.

Around 40% toll booths cannot read the tag remotely; the toll collecting person needs to come near the vehicle with the scanner.

Not sure if I would change to other service provider or not.

Last edited by SmartCat : 6th January 2020 at 17:28. Reason: Minor Typo
Subby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:40   #4584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What is the process to add a new vehicle to the existing ICICI CUG account? The showroom guys have no clue and the FAQ section of ICICI fastag website doesn't mention this.
I am in the same boat as you. As per the ICICI FASTag team, I need to raise a query on their system through Helpdesk - Tag Related - AddOn Tag in the subject matter and upload the RC and then recharge the CUG account by Rs. 500/-. I did this on the 21st December. I was given a timeline of 7 working days for the tag to be allotted and dispatched. I still await any action from their end.
Old 6th January 2020, 13:47   #4585
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What is the process to add a new vehicle to the existing ICICI CUG account? The showroom guys have no clue and the FAQ section of ICICI fastag website doesn't mention this.
Please look at the opening post of this thread. It has linked other posts that describe how this can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am in the same boat as you. As per the ICICI FASTag team, I need to raise a query on their system through Helpdesk - Tag Related - AddOn Tag in the subject matter and upload the RC and then recharge the CUG account by Rs. 500/-. I did this on the 21st December.
Yes, another way is to call customer care or the sales team who interacted with you for the tag. They can get this done in the backend systems to link multiple tags to a single account. You may want to look at other posts that describe this (look at opening post for links to other important posts).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:51   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Yes, another way is to call customer care or the sales team who interacted with you for the tag. They can get this done in the backend systems to link multiple tags to a single account. You may want to look at other posts that describe this (look at opening post for links to other important posts).
I called their customer care nos. Instead of helping me out in closing the earlier ticket, they opened another ticket and I was given another 7 working days to work on the earlier ticket! I am only waiting for a foolproof way to get this done given the fact that I have 17 vehicles for which I need tags and ICICI seems to be having the most convenient way to recharge tags with their One Wallet system as I understand it.
Old 6th January 2020, 14:04   #4587
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I called their customer care nos. Instead of helping me out in closing the earlier ticket, they opened another ticket and I was given another 7 working days to work on the earlier ticket!
Since you have so many vehicles, I think it would be better & faster if you can get in touch with a local ICICI Fastag team or visit a local branch that deals with Fastag (they usually operate out of one of the branches). Unfortunately, I only have couple of contacts from the Bangalore office who helped me and some of my friends procure tags for our cars.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 15:59   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Since you have so many vehicles, I think it would be better & faster if you can get in touch with a local ICICI Fastag team or visit a local branch that deals with Fastag (they usually operate out of one of the branches). Unfortunately, I only have couple of contacts from the Bangalore office who helped me and some of my friends procure tags for our cars.
The local ICICI Bank does not have a FASTag team. I'll have to go to Guwahati for this.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 17:22   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
What is your experience with HDFC Fastag ?
Around 40% toll booths cannot read the tag remotely; the toll collecting person needs to come near the vehicle with the scanner.
Agreed on the poor interface,delay in sms and never connecting Toll Free phone of HDFC. I hope they improve or a lot of customers are going to change.
Regarding non-readability, I have had no such issues during my experience on 2 toll booths from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar last week. Stood next to the attendant's window and the automated scanner picked up the tag on all 4 instances.
Infact, a few pages back, I have read that people on the Mumbai Pune expressway, got charged more as it is an incremental toll with multiple exit points having different toll amounts. I was charged correctly.
Your issue in tag not getting read, could also be of the toll booths scanner not maintained properly rather than an issue with the HDFC Tag.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 23:30   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please look at the opening post of this thread. It has linked other posts that describe how this can be done.

Yes, another way is to call customer care or the sales team who interacted with you for the tag. They can get this done in the backend systems to link multiple tags to a single account.
I spoke to the local ICICI executive from whom a friend got the tag. He says the best option is to visit the Bomanahalli branch with the RC copy since nobody else knows how to do it properly.

Now, I don't have the RC yet since the car got delivered only a couple of days ago. The executive is adamant that the RC is mandatory. Have to figure out how the dealerships manage it without the RC.

My sales executive has requested a couple of days' time to figure out how to request a new tag for an existing customer. Worst case, I will get the tag from the dealer and worry about linking it to the original account when I get the RC.

Last edited by Jaguar : 6th January 2020 at 23:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks