Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 20:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Thanks for the information, it's good to know that there are steps taken to regulate the traffic. Even if this initiative slows down few hundred people everyday Bangalore roads will be a safer
nemo, what they do is perch themselves at vulnerable spots on good roads during lean traffic times – In such situations, most of their victims will be sedate drivers like you who just go a little above 60 which is rather a safe speed and not necessarily the real rash ones. For example check the blog link I have given on the first post of this thread. The person who has written it (victim) is a well known social worker who has been campaigning against all traffic violations in Koramangala!
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:11   #32
BHPian

Hey guys! I was fined Rs 400 today by the speed gun armed cops near Le Meridian . They showed me a sheet where in it says 40kms per hour is the maxium speed for a car on that stretch (BIAL to High grounds police station) and it is also throughout the city.
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:51   #33
BHPian

I've seen them monitoring the speeds only during afternoon sessions, when the traffic is lighter. I too have noticed that these cabs/pvt buses are excused. Also, seen this near Bommanahalli sometime back - probly they were still getting accustomed to their systems without realising that Hosur road is not the right place to catch speedsters!

But then, seriously, do u think we can travel at speeds above 60kms/hr in blore's traffic? We drive bumper to bumper almost 90% of the time in this city!

May be, I should be part of the cop gang. I have a few more strategic points where they cud be making a lot of money:
1. The stetch beyond st. johns towards madivala, after the traffic lights : Newly done, super wide
2. kasturba road, next to the stadium, when coming from corporation, nearing to UB city, by removing all those darn speed breakers
3. Opp. to CPRI, going towards mekhri circle
4. Later part of Hosur road - opp to the BMW showroom & opp to the honda showroom

Wish i was a cop!
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I've seen them monitoring the speeds only during afternoon sessions, when the traffic is lighter. I too have noticed that these cabs/pvt buses are excused. Also, seen this near Bommanahalli sometime back - probly they were still getting accustomed to their systems without realising that Hosur road is not the right place to catch speedsters!
Thanks for pointing out they are active at Bommanahalli area also. The are small stretches between E. City to Bommanahalli ( in the areas where the elevated high-way superstructure is already up) that provide you opportunities to got at 80 kms/hr .

-- wind
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey guys! I was fined Rs 400 today by the speed gun armed cops near Le Meridian . They showed me a sheet where in it says 40kms per hour is the maxium speed for a car on that stretch (BIAL to High grounds police station) and it is also throughout the city.
Its 60km/hr inside the city. There are boards on that road itself infact. Once you get past Hebbal flyover, its 80km/hr.
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

Are these activities time specific? This morning I went to drop N_C to airport. I didn't see any.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:26   #37
Team-BHP Support

Daily between 4-5.30pm They can be seen on the "old" Airport Road betweem Command Hospital before the curve towards Domlur. All Civics and Corollas seem to get nicked
Old 13th December 2008, 17:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Daily between 4-5.30pm They can be seen on the "old" Airport Road betweem Command Hospital before the curve towards Domlur. All Civics and Corollas seem to get nicked
on the bial rd in blr , its ok if you dont get stopped , they will just send a notice along with photo of the car and the speed etc , this can be dealt with by just paying the fine , but if you get stopped , the DL ,number will get noted , and on repated offences you driverls liscense will get cancelled, i already have one against my DL
Old 13th December 2008, 17:55   #39
BHPian

Just for curiosity, Did any one saw catching a Yellow Board Vehicle for Over Speeding ?
Old 20th December 2008, 07:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Just for curiosity, Did any one saw catching a Yellow Board Vehicle for Over Speeding ?
They seem to be after private cars only. Other day the taxi on return from airport was most of the time at speed of 120!
Old 20th December 2008, 09:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The mama's just stand in the middle of the road and flag you down.
Ha ha Mama's standing in the middle of the road and flag you down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Other day the taxi on return from airport was most of the time at speed of 120!
What Taxi was that?

A point of interest is the speed cameras / guns work only if you are the first vehicle or lone vehicle on the road. If you are tailgating a fast vehicle, there is no way they can stop you, fine you.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What Taxi was that?
Not the airport taxis – it was an Innova that was hired from outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A point of interest is the speed cameras / guns work only if you are the first vehicle or lone vehicle on the road. If you are tailgating a fast vehicle, there is no way they can stop you, fine you.
Correct! Which is why they target lone vehicles on clean stretches during lean times.
Old 20th December 2008, 11:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Now Im a bit worried. I pass through Hebbal/ Manyata tech park everyday. On very rare occasions, I do exceed the speed Limit. I have a radar detector in my car and have heard it beep 3 times just before I passed Manyata Tech Park. It never beeped while driving through the other routes. I wonder whether the radar detector is really working?

Last edited by hrman : 20th December 2008 at 11:49.
Old 20th December 2008, 13:47   #44
BHPian

One thing which I have always thought of buying is the radar detector available outside India. In fact I was planning to start a separate thread on that.

When I was recently discussing it with my friend in US, he wasnt sure whether it will work in India as we dont know the frequency of the guns used by cops here.

It must have caught the fancy of other also, experts some light please!
Old 20th December 2008, 21:15   #45
BHPian

Are radar detectors available in India? Any indication on types available, effectiveness and cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks