Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 12:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Interceptor on Inner ring road , after Ejipura signal some where in middle of this stretch , where you can hit max speeds . This is between Ejipura and Dell office before .
Usually I do around 90 -100 here , today was some how felling lazy and was doing 70 -80.As soon as I spotted them , slammed the brakes to 50-60 .Many of the vehicels were caught unaware and being flagged ,whoever ignored , were trapped in the next signal .Its better to stop or go slow.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:08   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Interceptor on Inner ring road , after Ejipura signal some where in middle of this stretch , where you can hit max speeds . This is between Ejipura and Dell office before .
Usually I do around 90 -100 here , today was some how felling lazy and was doing 70 -80.As soon as I spotted them , slammed the brakes to 50-60 .Many of the vehicels were caught unaware and being flagged ,whoever ignored , were trapped in the next signal .Its better to stop or go slow.
the interceptors are back in action!! saw them pulling over beemers and easycabs in front of nagawara lake.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:26   #153
BHPian

Saw couple of days back - speed gun just after the Agara lake traffic signal (near Mantri apartments)
Old 11th August 2009, 21:26   #154
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
the interceptors are back in action!! saw them pulling over beemers and easycabs in front of nagawara lake.
True! I got caught today doing 86kmph in a 70kmph zone right opposite to the Nagwara lake. I had no money, so asked for the receipt so that I could pay up in the court, but the constables insisted I pay them right there. When I took out my wallet to show my license, he saw a 100 rs note (that is all I had with me) and asked me to pay it and leave and that he would not issue a receipt. As I was in a hurry and had to get to somewhere at the earliest, I just paid up, took a receipt for signal jump and left. Now I have a strange feeling that somehow I am going to get a notice for overspeeding too very soon. Didn't realize this until I actually got to the next signal. Sigh!
Old 12th August 2009, 20:40   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
True! I got caught today doing 86kmph in a 70kmph zone right opposite to the Nagwara lake. I had no money, so asked for the receipt so that I could pay up in the court, but the constables insisted I pay them right there. When I took out my wallet to show my license, he saw a 100 rs note (that is all I had with me) and asked me to pay it and leave and that he would not issue a receipt. As I was in a hurry and had to get to somewhere at the earliest, I just paid up, took a receipt for signal jump and left. Now I have a strange feeling that somehow I am going to get a notice for overspeeding too very soon. Didn't realize this until I actually got to the next signal. Sigh!
dude, the speed limit there is 60 kph. I've seen the notice with the cops. I stopped by , not pulled over, and checked with them to be careful and I was told its 60 kph on the ring road. I speed till I reach their fave spot and slow down and cruise by, smile at them and speed away.!! they are so predictable if you keep travelling on the same road regularly.
Old 13th August 2009, 00:25   #156
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
dude, the speed limit there is 60 kph. I've seen the notice with the cops.
Weird! I noticed the read out on their computer and it said 70kmph as the max allowed speed. Honestly, I never knew they stand there. Was checking some boost leak on my swift given the road was empty, its a slight right hander and they take you by surprise. By the time I noticed, it was too late.

Btw, they have a nice way of making sure the cars are nabbed then and there only. The interceptor has a loudspeaker and they announce the erroneous vehicle out loud by make and colour. Then you have about 5 constables standing at a distance of 10 feet apart from each other manning the road who will block your path so that there is no chance for you to escape.
Old 13th August 2009, 09:09   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude, the speed limit there is 60 kph. I've seen the notice with the cops. I stopped by , not pulled over, and checked with them to be careful and I was told its 60 kph on the ring road. I speed till I reach their fave spot and slow down and cruise by, smile at them and speed away.!! they are so predictable if you keep travelling on the same road regularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Weird! I noticed the read out on their computer and it said 70kmph as the max allowed speed. Honestly, I never knew they stand there. Was checking some boost leak on my swift given the road was empty, its a slight right hander and they take you by surprise. By the time I noticed, it was too late.
Rahul, still going around scaring people shitless with that boost leak of yours eh ?

Guys i am a regular on this route , commute to office everyday since the past three years on this route. I have many a times slowed down to 80 kmph on the high speed lane while passing them. I keep a sharp look out for these guys and am ready to slow down as soon as they are in sight. One thing i noticed was that even though the equipment is technically competent to catch over speeding during night times also they pack up by sun down as the are unable to run the video camera . One of the reasons why our night drives to nandi are fun .

Guys when cop try to stop you , please stop , don't think that they don't have fast cars and such , thats never their trick , instead they will always have a colleague waiting for you at the next signal . And this time you're also being handed out one more charge of fleeing from the police.

Last edited by hellstar : 13th August 2009 at 09:14.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:38   #158
Senior - BHPian

Speed guns are there now on the back-roads also! The Uttrahalli-Kengeri road has one set, where, for the first week they were targeting vehicles going towards Kengeri and this week it is the other way around.

Both times, they are placed just after a sharp curve and on a straight stretch, where speeding is being asked for!

And yes, few cops near the vehicle and few more at the next turning, so DO NOT TRY TO RUN!!! Always a bad decision!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:09   #159
Senior - BHPian

Going Bangalore -> Mysore tomorrow, plan is to start by 5 am, Should I expect trouble from speed guns during that time? Also do they do speed check on NICE road (Kanakpura road - Mysore road stretch)
Old 13th August 2009, 12:31   #160
BHPian

Would a speed radar detector in a car help in this case like we used to have in the US?

Last edited by f1fan : 13th August 2009 at 12:33.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:34   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Going Bangalore -> Mysore tomorrow, plan is to start by 5 am, Should I expect trouble from speed guns during that time? Also do they do speed check on NICE road (Kanakpura road - Mysore road stretch)
I dont ever remember them being present on the NICE road stretch which you have mentioned. Also, since its a toll road, i somehow doubt they would station themselves there.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:53   #162
BHPian

Quote:
2 months back i saw police with speed gun in the entrance of mandya city.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:00   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be careful about the speed guns right after RVCE college or, if not there, then they might be there near Kengeri.

NICE road - do not think so, since it is a toll road.

But at 5am - NO WAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Would a speed radar detector in a car help in this case like we used to have in the US?
Yup, sure will! But its illegal to have.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:33   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post

Guys when cop try to stop you , please stop , don't think that they don't have fast cars and such , thats never their trick , instead they will always have a colleague waiting for you at the next signal . And this time you're also being handed out one more charge of fleeing from the police.
The cops also have a few friendly public like me who help them chase the erroneous cars and end up speeding legally!! also jumping signals legally!! all in the name of chasing a speeding car. howz that for legal law breaking. that part of the road from banaswadi to yelahanka is my daily drive. I'm still trying to spot a team bhp stickered car on that road. timing problem i guess.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:18   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Be careful about the speed guns right after RVCE college or, if not there, then they might be there near Kengeri.

NICE road - do not think so, since it is a toll road.

But at 5am - NO WAY!!!

Yup, sure will! But its illegal to have.
Not in India it is'nt. I have one in my car. Trouble is its about 2 years old, and damn thing does not buzz even when I was 10 feet away from the interceptor vehicle on ORR. If asked, Im gonna say its an FM booster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks