Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 01:48   #46
BHPian

That junction near kengari is a dangerous place and lot of accidents happen on that spot
Old 21st December 2008, 18:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

I never stop for the cops on NH7 inspite of me being flagged down by them more than a couple of times. Never received any challan by mail either.

Once a dude was doing bharatnatyam in the middle of the road to flag me down. I guess after he realized what speed I was going at, he scampered away himself due to self preservation instincts . I was doing 180 cos otherwise my dad would have missed his flight.
Old 21st December 2008, 21:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

I saw few such checking which I appreciate. I suggest its better to avoid posting here about such places, because next time people will be carefull only in that spot and in other places do usual rash driving. So it will create bad effect in public forum and Police radar might catch such posts.

I understand the point usually COPs catch innocent ones and people who drive very fast and rash escape somehow. But I wish and hope as day by day people who violate rules get caught also more and more and learn the lesson.

I hope by this speed gun, people will understand importance of life and following the rules and maintain right speed and correct lane.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 21st December 2008 at 21:48.
Old 21st December 2008, 22:23   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I never stop for the cops on NH7 inspite of me being flagged down by them more than a couple of times. Never received any challan by mail either.

Once a dude was doing bharatnatyam in the middle of the road to flag me down. I guess after he realized what speed I was going at, he scampered away himself due to self preservation instincts . I was doing 180 cos otherwise my dad would have missed his flight.
In other words, you have total disregard/ contempt of the law. Do you realise that you were also responsible for putting a police officer at risk. A mere brush at 180 - I hate to think about the consequences.

At the most, you would have saved 2 minutes - would your dad have missed the flight still?
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:26   #50
BHPian

Slight mistake over speed can send you to hell !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
In other words, you have total disregard/ contempt of the law. Do you realise that you were also responsible for putting a police officer at risk. A mere brush at 180 - I hate to think about the consequences.

At the most, you would have saved 2 minutes - would your dad have missed the flight still?
He Could have sent his father far above a Flight can reach.
KA police should be more strict in this kind of matter. I wish there should be regular checking in all over the City, Ring Road, Mysore Road, NICE ....
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

This was early in the morning on a sunday with no other vehicle in sight - other than this lunatic cop. A difference of an average of say 70kph and an average of 120kph will lead to an easy saving of ~10mins over 35km. He'd have tried to stop me even if I was doing a very reasonable 100kph. Was he not endangering himself and us by doing his dance on the middle of the road? The government should first put realistic speed limits. Once in a blue moon, one has to rush and this was one of those days. Everyone faces it and I was ready to accept a fine for it. Otherwise I'm the slowest person on the road inside the city. If the cop really cared about the law, he should have ticketed me and sent the chalaan home. But obviously all he was concerned about was his bribe since he didn't bother with it.

Till date I've found only one single honest traffic cop on the roads who stopped me for entering a one way which I did by mistake. He conceded to the fact that the no entry sign was hidden and it was possible that I missed it. He even took the pains of walking down with me to the sign to actually show it to me. I had no qualms in paying the fine in that case. But in every other case, all the cops care for is their bribe. I don't wish to speak to these guys as its just a waste of time. They might as well send the ticket to me if they feel I've done something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
He Could have sent his father far above a Flight can reach.
That was totally uncalled for. What speeds one can do safely completely depends on the car, the driver, the tyres, the road conditions and a multitude of other things so please watch your words.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 22nd December 2008 at 01:41.
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What speeds one can do safely completely depends on the car, the driver, the tyres, the road conditions and a multitude of other things
I agree with you 100%
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:21   #53
BHPian

The idea of this thread is not to encourage breaking the law. It is just a caution so that one can manage to be within the law.

Ironically the speed limits set by the authorities are ridiculous at 60/70kmph – And the cops target private cars at lean traffic times on good roads. Sadly two of my friends were challaned on HAL airport road and Koramangala Inner ring road; those guys would have never driven above 80 and are very sane drivers. Cops rarely get the real culprits and maniacs.
Agree with the various veiws expressed above on contempt for the law and conditions that affect safe speed

Last edited by Path_Finder : 22nd December 2008 at 08:24.
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:59   #54
Team-BHP Support

Are bangalore cops in LIDAR or RADAR? A few speed guns in Delhi are LIDAR now
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Are bangalore cops in LIDAR or RADAR? A few speed guns in Delhi are LIDAR now
Tanveer please educate us on the difference.
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:57   #56
BHPian

I am against the unrealistic speed limits set by cops on BIAL road. The max is 80km/hr after Hebbal flyover (towards BIAL) and 60 KM/HR before the flyover.

A person who travels everyday on that stretch will be knowing the route/roads pretty well. When you are driving a sedan which has more than 100 Horses power 60 KM/HR sounds stupid on that stretch. On the flyover the speed limit is 30 KM/HR.

I dont think this rule will be followed by yellow boards or vehicles which belong to politicians. I have always seen ONLY private cars (especially cars which cost above 7 lacs) getting the ticket most of the times. Just imagine that you own a civic or Skoda RS and you drive at 60 KM/HR on that stretch. The MERU/EASY CABS never drive at the speeds specified. But they never get the ticket.

It is always the common man who gets exploited.
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:49   #57
Team-BHP Support

LIDAR = Laser
Very difficult to detect even with expensive detectors. If you get shot, you are in, unless you catch a reflection of a "rabbit"
RADAR = Microwave radiation
All detectors catch it easily
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post

I dont think this rule will be followed by yellow boards or vehicles which belong to politicians. I have always seen ONLY private cars (especially cars which cost above 7 lacs) getting the ticket most of the times. Just imagine that you own a civic or Skoda RS and you drive at 60 KM/HR on that stretch. The MERU/EASY CABS never drive at the speeds specified. But they never get the ticket.

It is always the common man who gets exploited.
The rules are only for Private Vehicle. Cops are not allowed to catch the Public vehicle Else the HAFTA will go for a toss from the respective transport company.

You may be driving a 1 laks or a 10 Laks vehicle in India but our Roads and We Indians are not fit for that High Speed machine. You must have seen the Scorpio Drivers (Mostly owned By people with money power) in Bangalore.

Quote:

That was totally uncalled for. What speeds one can do safely completely depends on the car, the driver, the tyres, the road conditions and a multitude of other things so please watch your words.
Sorry If it hurt you but I feel that a high speed vehicle is always a dangerous though your vehicle might be equipped with all sort of safety in our Typical Indian Road. Driving safe is always better for you and your family.
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
You may be driving a 1 laks or a 10 Laks vehicle in India but our Roads and We Indians are not fit for that High Speed machine. You must have seen the Scorpio Drivers (Mostly owned By people with money power) in Bangalore.

This sounds good for narrow roads. Not on a road like the one which leads to BIAL. That road is safe enough to drive at 90/100 KM/HR.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:53   #60
BANNED

Quote:
the road conditions and a multitude of other things
Now multiply that by 1 million and forget the condition of yourself, the car and the tyres it has. These are Indian roads no? You may be saved but by doing 180 you are endangering a moron on the road. Even though he is a moron he has a right to live.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks