Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 13:20   #106
BHPian

I got a ticket on outer ring road (just before the sarjapur junction where the construction is happening). Happened a week back when I was on my way to electronics city.

They have posted a speed limit of 40km/hr - which might seem ok for the construction zone with all the diversions.

The problem was that they were catching people well before the said diversion. And on top of that - the inspector was handing out 100 Re receipts and collecting the 300 Re fine - Didn't work on me
Old 1st June 2009, 13:26   #107
BHPian

There is one roaming on the ORR-Marathahalli area, have spotted it a couple of times hiding in the bushes just after the Nokia premises.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:27   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
There is one roaming on the ORR-Marathahalli area, have spotted it a couple of times hiding in the bushes just after the Nokia premises.
I've posted about the same on this thread. Did see a cabbie who was pulled over as well.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

I have heard Speed Cameras in Hyderabad too.Though I have never seen one.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:46   #110
Senior - BHPian

Was clicked by an Interceptor on the Devnahalli Expressway doing 103 kmph in the 80 Zone. Was instantly fined Rs.300/- (In Delhi the fine used to be 400/- way back in 2003). The cops entered all my details through his Blackberry on the central server and gave me a printed receipt from a remote printer.

Thats High - Tech!!!
Old 1st June 2009, 14:08   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I believe they have become silent now. May be it was not as profitable as expected.
Yesterday I saw one near Yellanka New Town Ship Police Station. But it was just parked not activated.
Maybe they collected so much money that they were taking a break
Old 1st June 2009, 15:56   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Was clicked by an Interceptor on the Devnahalli Expressway doing 103 kmph in the 80 Zone. Was instantly fined Rs.300/- (In Delhi the fine used to be 400/- way back in 2003). The cops entered all my details through his Blackberry on the central server and gave me a printed receipt from a remote printer.

Thats High - Tech!!!
High Tech!! Boss, next time, you get challaned, dont expect Rs.300. It will be reported that you are a repeat offender and challan rate goes up.

In a way it is good. Every time I drive in that highway, I have seen interceptors on both sides and never ever drive more than 80kmph. I reserve three digit speeds for NH4.

Nainar
Old 1st June 2009, 16:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Thats High - Tech!!!
It seems they can't fine you if they do not give you a printout of the computer reading as evidence. A couple of months back, my cousin & her husband were coming back from BIAL and they were caught speeding and stopped by the interceptor.

But luckily, the printer in the interceptor broke down and they could not give a printed receipt/challan/evidence to them. So, they were let off with a warning. Imagine, they did not even collect 'coffee-tea money also. Also, they warned them to go slow as there was another interceptor down the road somewhere near Hebbal
Old 1st June 2009, 16:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
It seems they can't fine you if they do not give you a printout of the computer reading as evidence. A couple of months back, my cousin & her husband were coming back from BIAL and they were caught speeding and stopped by the interceptor.

But luckily, the printer in the interceptor broke down and they could not give a printed receipt/challan/evidence to them. So, they were let off with a warning. Imagine, they did not even collect 'coffee-tea money also. Also, they warned them to go slow as there was another interceptor down the road somewhere near Hebbal
I really liked the professionalism of the Bangalore Cops. After I was stopped, another hyd registered vehicle was stopped for speeding.

On my way back I made sure that my speedo doesn't cross 80KMPH come hell, hath or fury.
Old 1st June 2009, 18:01   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes their blackberry system is great. I was following a bus and inadvertently crossed the line when the traffic light went red. Got called out, fined 100 Bucks and got a receipt. Cop was extremely polite. And frankly I believe its better to pay the fine when you've made a mistake instead of arguing etc.
Bangalore Cops for the most part are good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

Old 1st June 2009, 19:44   #116
Senior - BHPian

interceptors are pretty much active on the BIAL road from hebbal onwards.
any idea if mysore road is infested with them i know about the reports around kengeri etc because friends and me were planning a trip to the ccd there.
Old 1st June 2009, 19:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Hiding!!! wow..now thats some clever cop. Actually what the cops really need is remotely mounted cameras with the cops being a little further from there taking the feed from the camera. Now this will keep everybody in tenterhooks and eventually, solve the overspeeding problem coz everybody will be left guessing about the camera's position.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 1st June 2009 at 20:02.
Old 1st June 2009, 20:24   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
any idea if mysore road is infested with them i know about the reports around kengeri etc because friends and me were planning a trip to the ccd there.
Its generally safe after kengeri city heading towards mysore. Needless to say please dont overspeed. As they say "speed thrills but kills"
Old 1st June 2009, 21:34   #119
Senior - BHPian

Thats some decent job being done by the cops, I must say!
( on the other hand, can someone tell me what to look for, if one of these interceptors are on the roads? I'll be driving around B'lore next month for about a week, and the last thing I want is to get a ticket in that span of time).
Old 1st June 2009, 21:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Well I don't think you need interceptors on the Mysore Road, after all the Humps are there to slow you down

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks