Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 12:12   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Would a speed radar detector in a car help in this case like we used to have in the US?
Isnt this a bit over the top. Cant one just drive within the speed limit. Sheesh....
Old 15th August 2009, 23:32   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Isnt this a bit over the top. Cant one just drive within the speed limit. Sheesh....
i like that response!! Its quite easy to maintain the speed limit as long as its the ring roads that we are talkin about. moreover, the interceptors are visible from a safe enough distance. Just watch out. I always slow down on spotting them and have been able to wave them a goodbye while passing by.I speed up thereafter.
Old 17th September 2009, 10:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
The cops also have a few friendly public like me who help them chase the erroneous cars and end up speeding legally!! also jumping signals legally!! all in the name of chasing a speeding car. howz that for legal law breaking. that part of the road from banaswadi to yelahanka is my daily drive. I'm still trying to spot a team bhp stickered car on that road. timing problem i guess.

Hi 14000rpm, you can catch my Black SX4 with the teamBHP sticker on that road. It is on the rear and front wind shield. I generally travel from HSR layout to Nagawara. I have been caught once by them between the nagawara signal and hennur signal.

I think when they apply rules for speeding cars for the max speed limit on ORR then they should also apply rules for Lane discipline, min speed limit. I am sure there should be a minimum speed limit on ORR. I have seen trucks and buses traveling in the right most lane at the speed of 20. If a car is coming from behind at the speed of 80 and the driver an empty road ahead, he will try to come to middle lane to overtake. Now he will be fined by the interceptor but the truck and bus not. Though they are not supposed to be in the right most lane.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th September 2009 at 11:37. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:14   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
Hi 14000rpm, you can catch my Black SX4 with the teamBHP sticker on that road. It is on the rear and front wind shield. I generally travel from HSR layout to Nagawara. I have been caught once by them between the nagawara signal and hennur signal.

I think when they apply rules for speeding cars for the max speed limit on ORR then they should also apply rules for Lane discipline, min speed limit. I am sure there should be a minimum speed limit on ORR. I have seen trucks and buses traveling in the right most lane at the speed of 20. If a car is coming from behind at the speed of 80 and the driver an empty road ahead, he will try to come to middle lane to overtake. Now he will be fined by the interceptor but the truck and bus not. Though they are not supposed to be in the right most lane.

i second that.. it is not only buses n trucks.. autos, 2 wheelers, goods carrier and Tata Ace too will be on right lane blocking the traffic behind.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:41   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Now he will be fined by the interceptor but the truck and bus not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
i second that
Alas if wishes could be horses. The Bangalore Traffic Police would know their jobs. They don't have the spine to catch offenders. They probably shiver in their pants looking at Volvo's breaking every possible rule, but are eager to stop out of state vehicles and massage their ego's by harassing innocent people.

The one incident that is etched in my brains and portrays the sad image of Bangalore Traffic Police is when the ACP of Traffic Police Bangalore had to apologize to a Autorickshaw driver who was fined for breaking rules on MG Road. The rickshaw driver and his ilk held the whole CBD area to ransom for this. This is the aukadh of the Bangalore Traffic Police.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:58   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alas if wishes could be horses. The Bangalore Traffic Police would know their jobs. They don't have the spine to catch offenders. They probably shiver in their pants looking at Volvo's breaking every possible rule, but are eager to stop out of state vehicles and massage their ego's by harassing innocent people.

The one incident that is etched in my brains and portrays the sad image of Bangalore Traffic Police is when the ACP of Traffic Police Bangalore had to apologize to a Autorickshaw driver who was fined for breaking rules on MG Road. The rickshaw driver and his ilk held the whole CBD area to ransom for this. This is the aukadh of the Bangalore Traffic Police.
the bangalore police is the sorriest excuse for a police force that i have seen in any metro. The police guys in general are not straight forward , in Tamilnadu and kerala you would find this much better .

I like the way the police operate in Tamilnadu and in chennai specifically. They rule !

They also have interceptors but no one dare ask to see the figures or else they are done for.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:12   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
the bangalore police is the sorriest excuse for a police force that i have seen in any metro. The police guys in general are not straight forward , in Tamilnadu and kerala you would find this much better .

I like the way the police operate in Tamilnadu and in chennai specifically. They rule !

They also have interceptors but no one dare ask to see the figures or else they are done for.
I couldn't agree more with hellstar & Spitfire. Police in b'lore lack the spine to fine an auto driver or a local bus/lorry driver. These cops are busy looking for out of state registered vehicle. I remember one incident when my KL reg bike was towed away for parking in an allotted parking space. I remember this coz they handpicked only my bike while the remaining bikes were untouched.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:10   #173
BHPian

Beware of speedguns near Bidadi after 6:00 PM since this is a accident prone zone. I saw them stationed before Bidadi after Toyora Kirlosakar.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:12   #174
BHPian

2 days back i was returning form airport and i was doing around 120KPH. Noticed a traffic vehicle with interceptor, however they did not stop me.

Do they send challan to House address or what?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
the bangalore police is the sorriest excuse for a police force that i have seen in any metro.
Do we have Traffic Police in Bangalore ?!! I'm yet to see one !!
Old 18th September 2009, 12:55   #176
BHPian

Will this situation improve?

Quote:

You are right Spitfire. They do not have a spine to catch these offenders. I wish this situation improves. but having said that, this kind of situation exists in not only traffic department. Every govt. department has the same story. Normal people always bear the burnt of these people's incompetence.
They should be working on improving the traffic flow in the city rather than fining the speeding cars. I dont mean to say that people should be allowed to reach dangerous speed but 65-70 on the ORR??? (I am not considering the rightmost lane for 80 as that does not belong to us. )

I also read some people's comments like 'why cant we drive in speed limits? and all. My question is that how will it improve the traffic condition in bangalore? How many traffic jams in the city are caused by the speeding cars? There would be very few in case there is an accident. Our problem with the traffic is not the speeding cars. Problem is The Volvo buses, Trucks, autos and the company cabs. If these people start getting fined for their irresponsible driving, I am sure the situation will improve.

Somebody at higher rank in the traffic police should show some guts to handle these issues rather than finding ways to earn extra income. I mean we already pay you our hard earned money in form of taxes from which you get you salaries. Even after that we have to pay in form of these stupid fines.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:20   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Problem is The Volvo buses, Trucks, autos and the company cabs.
Don't forget the "Brittannia Biscuit Tins" (BBT) - these are rectangular boxes that have four wheels, and just two controls - accelerator and brake (the former works well, but I'm not sure about the latter).

You can see these BBTs plying in Whitefield/Marathahalli/EPIP area, most on the wrong side of the road, carrying loads of people without any regard for safety of either those inside or outside.

Most of these have some obscure registration plates, no lights, nothing. Not sure if they issue any tickets at all to their passengers!

Volvo buses !! - Aah, I call them RED MONSTERS - Oh, my great friends who drive 335E - how can I ever forget them (nor can they forget me!)
Old 18th September 2009, 14:32   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
2 days back i was returning form airport and i was doing around 120KPH. Noticed a traffic vehicle with interceptor, however they did not stop me.

Do they send challan to House address or what?
oh that they must have been having bfast /lunch or dinner in the vehicle

No i don't think , when they have food they don't look outside their plates !, for all you know they might not even have seen them.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:42   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh that they must have been having bfast /lunch or dinner in the vehicle

No i don't think , when they have food they don't look outside their plates !, for all you know they might not even have seen them.
I had a similar incident near marathahalli. i was above 80kph I'm sure but the intereceptor with the speed gun aimed at the road did not stop me. I do watch out in that region though.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:44   #180
BHPian

I got caught yesterday while test driving a Ritz VDi along with my colleague near Electronics city. According to them I was going at 145kmph! Not sure if that was true! Anyway, ended up paying Rs 300.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks