Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 14:52   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I got caught yesterday while test driving a Ritz VDi along with my colleague near Electronics city. According to them I was going at 145kmph! Not sure if that was true! Anyway, ended up paying Rs 300.
I think you can argue with them after seeing the print out. They stop everyone doing above 50. Dont just pay them the money. Just check that which lane you are in and the speed that is printed on the report. and let them know if you have broken the rule or not.

I am still not sure if I have heard it right. Please someone confirm the following:

Rightmost lane : Speed limit 80KMPH.
Middle lane : Speed limit 70KMPH.
Left lane : Speed limit 60 KMPH.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:59   #182
BHPian

I guess Im one of the very few who has not seen a single interceptor in Bangalore anywhere .

Last week I had been to Shivanasamudram and did not see any one there, but I was past Bidadi before 8 AM. I do the IRR often and have not seen them much. The IRR is the only road where I touch 80-90 on my Bike/Car in the city. Well, Im not crossing 60 now there.
Old 18th September 2009, 17:44   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
Rightmost lane : Speed limit 80KMPH.
Middle lane : Speed limit 70KMPH.
Middle lane is 60 KMPH AFAIK.
The same hold good for New Airport Road
Old 5th April 2010, 20:21   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Found the cops on Hosur Rd, lower section (not the elevated path) today afternoon - approx 2.30. As luck would have it, I was doing 60 odd, and sailed through.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:57   #185
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if you have checked, the IRR has a speed limit of 50Kmph for cars. Seems ridiculous. Could have been 60. But anyway I follow the rule, while I see all others zipping past and wondering why this "moron" is idling in the center of the road !

I have seen interceptors sometimes, but not always.
Old 6th April 2010, 07:32   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

It was 60 for cars. Did they change it recently ?
Old 6th April 2010, 09:48   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It was 60 for cars. Did they change it recently ?
50-60 for cars?? I always thought it was 80! The problem here is that most roads don't even have the speed limit properly displayed.
If it is put up it will be under some tree or somewhere where it is well hidden.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Found the cops on Hosur Rd, lower section (not the elevated path) today afternoon - approx 2.30. As luck would have it, I was doing 60 odd, and sailed through.
Traffic cops with an interceptor Tavera are a common sight on Hosur Road.

But they are more interested in catching out of state registered vehicles.

They are generally not bothered about over speeding vehicles, still its a good idea to reduce speed slightly if you happen to spot them.

Rohan
Old 6th April 2010, 09:58   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
50-60 for cars?? I always thought it was 80! The problem here is that most roads don't even have the speed limit properly displayed.
If it is put up it will be under some tree or somewhere where it is well hidden.
Actually its pretty confusing. When you are going towards Old Airport road (OAR) from Eejipura signal, you will see a simple white round board indicating number 60. It does not say anything else. I used take this as the benchmark till some pointed me to another board.

Then towards center of the ORR, you start seeing the board that says 50 for cars and 40 for trucks.! The same numbers continue for the traffic from OAR to Koramangala (You dont see the 60 signboard on this stretch).
Old 6th April 2010, 11:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if you are travelling on the New Airport Road / Bellary Road (between Hebbal & Airport), maintain your speed within 80 kph.
Last Friday, on the way to Nandi hills, unaware of the speed restriction I was ripping around 100 kph, our friendly uncles flagged me down & my wallet was lighter by Rs.300 :(
Old 6th April 2010, 11:48   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Captain Slow : 50-60 for cars?? I always thought it was 80!
Captain, Slow is the name of the game on that road. The name IRR not with-standing, it's a pretty busy stretch with one really un-scientific set of 'Z' curves that it is more than necessary not to speed much on that stretch.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:52   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Guys, if you are travelling on the New Airport Road / Bellary Road (between Hebbal & Airport), maintain your speed within 80 kph.
Last Friday, on the way to Nandi hills, unaware of the speed restriction I was ripping around 100 kph, our friendly uncles flagged me down & my wallet was lighter by Rs.300 :(
Finney, its surprising you didnt notice the speed limit on the BIAL road. That is one road where the speed limit per lane is clearly marked!
80kmph is the limit on the fast lane, and there are regular positioning of interceptors along this route.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:05   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Finney, its surprising you didnt notice the speed limit on the BIAL road.
Ben, I had noticed the 80 kph speed limit painted on the road, but I never thought of a serious enforcement of the same.
(I should have said I was unaware of enforcement of the speed limit.)
In our country, we have the all rules on the book, but the enforcement is lacking.
Good to know, there is a exception to the same...

Last edited by finneyp : 6th April 2010 at 12:07.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:34   #194
BHPian

The BIAL route has 3 different spped limits,

The first lane at 80 KM, second one at 60KM and third one at 40KM. But due to the frequent accidents , the cops have earased the speed limit in black paint.

People drive recklessely in this road and I see quite a number of accidents happening everyweek. So currently their limit is at 60KM.

They are changing the places quite often to catch speeding vehicles. So you can find them anywhere after L&T Komatsu factory till airport.

And they do stand near palace ground and Golf course also.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:33   #195
BHPian

I spotted a Speed Gun on Old Airport Road near the Command Hospital positioned very well near a curve. Had caught a few, so drivers on the road beware.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks