Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 13:14   #886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Some roads like the center point-Bowenpally checkpost road, which is near that pulla reddy petrol bunk was in pathetic condition for the 5-6 years has also been laid.

Kudos to the person/people behind this transformation.
+1 to the Kudos. Even the road between Ferozeguda and Bowenpally has become a dream like it was in the '90s (except for the increase in traffic itself). Kukatpally itself (continuation of this road - NH9) is still in bad shape but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Agree, Initially I thought it was the President Visit effect but the apprently the euphoria of road laying has continued well into the new yr
This happens every year. When the Congress is in power it happens in one shot after the monsoons. When anyone else is in power it's either moot (the problem doesn't occur in the first place) or it's a continuous process like in the rest of the world (things get fixed as soon as they go wrong).

Regards,
spadix
Old 13th January 2011, 08:56   #887
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This has been there for quite sometime and works beautifully in the evening. Kudos to HTP for having instilled a sense of discipline to the errant motorists of Hyderabad. But they still have a long way to go.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Did you observe this recently.?They have been doing this for the last 6 months or so.

A similar strategy is adopted by traffic police at HPS.(before the petrol bunk)

Six months i am shocked but i never go to begumpet in the evenings so i guess my bad i didn't notice that.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:14   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Traffic cameras are working wonders. I got my first ticket of WA dated Dec 20th at 8:40am at Madhapur Circle with my number plate nicely captured.

I dont even get up at that time. Or was it an early morning meeting that i was rushing to.

Whatever, i dont recall and dont mind coughing up Rs.100 fine
Old 13th January 2011, 17:06   #889
BHPian

Traffic Update: Traffic seems to have come to a stand still at Begumpet. The Flyover from CM's Camp Office till Begumpet HPS seems to be blocked. Looks like this traffic snarl would be on for a long time now. So, advised.. Avoid Panjagutta-Begumpet route as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Traffic cameras are working wonders. I got my first ticket of WA dated Dec 20th at 8:40am at Madhapur Circle with my number plate nicely captured.

I dont even get up at that time. Or was it an early morning meeting that i was rushing to.

Are they sending the picture with the eChallan or did you check it online? I wanted to check an eChallan of mine, which said I travelled on the Wrong Side of the road.

Last edited by traveloholic : 13th January 2011 at 17:08.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:24   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Are they sending the picture with the eChallan or did you check it online? I wanted to check an eChallan of mine, which said I travelled on the Wrong Side of the road.
Picture of number plate is clearly on the challan they sent home.

This has been happening from last 6 months or little more.

Last night i stopped at an empty redlight signal around 11:30pm in Jubilee hills. Imagine what that challan has done to me
Old 13th January 2011, 19:19   #891
BHPian

Quote:
In Hyderabad, a fine of Rs 100 is actually equal to cash outgo of Rs 135 because there is a service charge and then a service tax on the service charge which comes to Rs 35.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:09   #892
BHPian

10 am today on the old airport flyover - stuck in heavy traffic going towards Begumpet.

Traffic in the opposite direction towards Secunderabad was light and as usual all the bikes going towards Begumpet took advantage of that to cross the double white line and take up a lot of the right hand side of the flyover.

Except one. A guy on a Kinetic Honda/Activa just behind me, wearing a helmet and with both mirrors, stayed on the correct side for all of the 15 minutes or so it took to cross the flyover, though he could easily have imitated the others and moved to the other side. Whenever traffic got stuck, he waited patiently with all the cars while several bikes moved over to the other side and went off ahead.

I looked out and gave him a thumbs up and told him it was good to see at least one biker sticking to the correct side. I don't think he was able to hear me but he understood my meaning and smiled and nodded. Guy in his 40s, looked like he was from the North-east, gave me the impression of an Army man.

Was just contrasting this guy with some others I saw last night on the Bombay road between Gachibowli and Tolichowki. The gap in the divider just before the turning for Hi-Tech City (where Quality Inn Pearl is) was closed with wheeled dividers and these guys had stopped their bikes in the middle of the road and had got off to move them so they could ride on the wrong side and take the Hi-Tech City turn.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:00   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Was just contrasting this guy with some others I saw last night on the Bombay road between Gachibowli and Tolichowki. The gap in the divider just before the turning for Hi-Tech City (where Quality Inn Pearl is) was closed with wheeled dividers and these guys had stopped their bikes in the middle of the road and had got off to move them so they could ride on the wrong side and take the Hi-Tech City turn.
That's the educated "elite software engineers" (most likely) for you .

Yes, there a few people like that KiHo gentleman still in this city. Can be counted on your fingers only, but.

Goa is full of such well-behaved traffic (locals only, mind), from the little I saw of that place.

Regards,
spadix
Old 5th February 2011, 13:25   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
10 am today on the old airport flyover - stuck in heavy traffic going towards Begumpet.
I too was on that road yesterday at same time.

For a change I was happy to be stuck in that traffic as I had an appointment in greenlands at 11am and if there was no jam i would have reached way ahead for my appointment.

Btw, happened to spot "Ravveenddra" on lower tankbund road around 930am and hollered at him. But, he was too busy enjoying his Palio
Old 5th February 2011, 20:06   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, happened to spot "Ravveenddra" on lower tankbund road around 930am and hollered at him. But, he was too busy enjoying his Palio
He was probably taking her for a spin in anticipation of the Warangal drive .
Have fun, guys!
Old 8th February 2011, 12:23   #896
Senior - BHPian

Fastest route from NH7 (Bengaluru side) to NH9 (Vijayawada side)?

Bhai log,

Is the ramp up to the ORR ready? A colleague says it is but also said that authorities are playing cat-and-mouse to prevent people from using the ORR until it's formally inaugurated. So sometimes the main ramp may be closed and one would have to navigate some non-roads to reach the ORR.

Also, how about the exit at Peddamberpet?

What are the alternatives (other than the IRR through Katedan and Chandrayangutta and Kanchanbagh)?

I remember there was some mention of the Airport Road -> Srisailam Road (upto Thukkuguda) and then on through to NH9 via some light interior roads. Is this alternative better (read: smooth and not confusing) than the IRR?

Thanks in advance, mates!

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th February 2011, 14:02   #897
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fastest route from NH7 (Bengaluru side) to NH9 (Vijayawada side)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Bhai log,

Is the ramp up to the ORR ready? A colleague says it is but also said that authorities are playing cat-and-mouse to prevent people from using the ORR until it's formally inaugurated.
I understand the ORR along with PVNR is a going to be a toll road. Well thats what the proposal was under Rosiah govt. Now since he is gone, is there any change in the decision?

Cheers
Old 8th February 2011, 14:43   #898
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fastest route from NH7 (Bengaluru side) to NH9 (Vijayawada side)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I understand the ORR along with PVNR is a going to be a toll road. Well thats what the proposal was under Rosiah govt. Now since he is gone, is there any change in the decision?
No change in proposal as far as ORR is concerned, but PVNR as well? That sucks!

In any case, the current CM has "waived off" toll until the entire 158 km is up and ready (target is April 2011 ).

So the engineers are doing makeshift things like filling up the gaps between tollbooth counters with kankar so that lesser mortals like me can't enjoy the ORR until it's "inaugurated". It shouldn't be a problem for Stormy, for instance, or the new Ace .

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th February 2011, 14:07   #899
Senior - BHPian

Directions to Chowmohalla Palace,Hyderabad

Hi People,

Could someone help me with directions to the Chowmohalla Palace in Hyderabad from Charminar.Its for this weekend's Jagjit Singh Concert at the palace.I would be driving in from Nampally station side.

Many thanx.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:24   #900
BHPian

Ranjit, the route's pretty simple.

Drive from Nampally to Charminar is a straight route, without much hassles.

ROUTE 1:
Nampally > Drive towards Nampally Exhibition Grounds > Straight ahead toward Mozamjaahi Market > Osman Gunj > Siddiamber Bazaar > Afzal Gunj > Take a right at Afzal Gunj and then a left to embark on Afzal Gunj Bridge > Proceed straight till you reach Charminar > Take a round about at Charminar and enter the lane on the left, which leads to Laad Bazaar (can be distinguished by the shops selling ladies wear, bangles and etc) > Once you cross Laad Bazaar, take the immediate left, which leads to Khilwat/Chowmoholla Palace.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-route1.jpg

ROUTE 2:
Nampally > Drive towards Nampally Exhibition Grounds > Take a left at Mozamjaahi Market, where you see Famous Ice Cream on the left. This is the immediate left after you cross Care Hospital at Nampally. This road leads towards Begum Bazaar > Drive Straight till you come across a bridge, cross the bridge and from the round about take a right and proceed further straight towards City College > The next round about is a One Way Traffic Zone, hence drive ahead with the traffic and turn left and proceed straight towards Moosa Bowli > The Road automatically turns towards Left, follow the road. > Once you see a Huge Mosque on the right side of the road, take the 2nd right post the Mosque. The Huge Roads are a big giveaway for the route. > Take the 2nd right and proceed ahead, this leads to Chowmoholla Palace.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-route2.jpg

Last edited by traveloholic : 17th February 2011 at 14:41. Reason: Added Maps for reference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks