Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 11:21   #916
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

The signal for right turn from the Punjagutta - Khairatabad road towards Taj Krishna is a short one.
So some of use take it fast. DON'T.

As soon as you cross the signal the road has a depression. If you take it faster than 30 kmph, depending on your car, be ready for a nice bounce.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-road.jpg

Mentioning this nasty depression on the road as it took me completely by surprise on a regularly used road.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:43   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need Directions(Trimulgherry to Kompally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
People,need this direction real quick(am hoping I would be able to get some reply in the next 1hour)What is the best route from Trimulgherry to Kompally Runway9..
Ranjit, When your going from Kharkhana to Tirumulghery, after all those discount stores there is a signal.

Straight goes to Alwal and towards Shamirpet, Right goes to Sainik Puri.

Take the left on that crossroads that leads you straight to Kompally road.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:46   #918
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Thanx Avi,I would be coming from Sainikpuri(stay there) so that would mean I go straight after the signal.Got it.

Many thanx.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:07   #919
BHPian

Ranjit , if you are from sainkpuri shortest would be to cross army golf course at bolarum and reach ayyappa temple , at the gate take a left and after 50 odd mts you have a right , this road leads straight to suchitra x road via old alwal & Loyola college . Once at Suchitra take right and runway 9 in on your left after cinemax.

other option as mentioned avi , at thirumalgerry signal , take the straight road which passes thru APMC market yard / Bowenpally and will connect to highway at Malla Reddy Garden ( you will find safeexpress loading point on right at the intersection), take right from this intersection and continue straight till Runway9.

Last edited by rm_arjuna : 7th March 2011 at 12:09.
Old 7th March 2011, 13:26   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Ranjit , if you are from sainkpuri shortest would be to cross army golf course at bolarum and reach ayyappa temple , at the gate take a left and after 50 odd mts you have a right , this road leads straight to suchitra x road via old alwal & Loyola college . Once at Suchitra take right and runway 9 in on your left after cinemax.
I wanted to explore this route the other day (to reach Shamirpet for the meet) and it was tortuous because of a JCB (construction vehicle) that was lumbering on slowly. The road is very narrow and you can't overtake easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
other option as mentioned avi , at thirumalgerry signal , take the straight road which passes thru APMC market yard / Bowenpally and will connect to highway at Malla Reddy Garden ( you will find safeexpress loading point on right at the intersection), take right from this intersection and continue straight till Runway9.
This route is preferable.

An alternate route (which you could use to escape the madness between Bowenpally and Hasmathpet) -

Sainikpuri - right turn to Tri'gry post office before reaching Tri'gry 'X' road - left turn to Lalbazar - left and immediate right at Lalbazar to turn on to MD Farm road - all the way to the end and then right turn on to NH7

Regards,
spadix
Old 7th March 2011, 16:09   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hyderabad Traffic Police will be launching a special drive in the city from tomorrow, 07-Mar-2011, on free left turns and stopping at stop lines.
Kudos to HTP. That's a great initiative and thanks bajaj saab for bringing it to our notice. Need to be careful not to block the left lane

A software organization ( Sum Total) had taken this intiative a few years back and you still see some cars ( possible sumtotal employees) with "Free Left Lane" stickers on them.

Good to see the HTP bring it back in an official mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The signal for right turn from the Punjagutta - Khairatabad road towards Taj Krishna is a short one.
So some of use take it fast. DON'T.
I take this road every day while going to work and aware of this new contraption. However, I still take this left ( while coming from Khairtabad signal) at a good speed with not an ounce of any wrong inklings to either the car or myself.

Maybe, i cannot do that when i am driving my white angel
Old 7th March 2011, 17:52   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I take this road every day while going to work and aware of this new contraption. However, I still take this left ( while coming from Khairtabad signal) at a good speed with not an ounce of any wrong inklings to either the car or myself.

Maybe, i cannot do that when i am driving my white angel
I too pass this Junction every day (BTW it is called KCP Jn). The bump is felt when you take a right turn into that road, as it is located close to the divider. You may not be noticiing it as the road to the left is a lot smoother.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:57   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too pass this Junction every day (BTW it is called KCP Jn). The bump is felt when you take a right turn into that road, as it is located close to the divider. You may not be noticiing it as the road to the left is a lot smoother.
Sirji, you know my driving style.

99% of the time I take a "wide left" passing almost 6 inches from the divider to overtake morons who hog the left lane and want to go straight towards Panjagutta
Old 8th March 2011, 12:05   #924
Senior - BHPian

Thanx guys for the tips on the route to be taken.I finally ended up going via Bowenpally-NH7.My actual destination was Abhaya School at Dhoolpally.I noticed that Runway 9 does not exist anymore,atleast the buildings have all been brought down(not sure if they have shut or are renovating).

OT,anybody have any experiences to share on Abhaya School?

Also I was looking for the shortest route to the school.I think the route via Suchitra must be the shortest one?The Bowenpally route took me 45 mintues from home to school.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:49   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hyderabad Traffic Police will be launching a special drive in the city from tomorrow, 07-Mar-2011, on free left turns and stopping at stop lines......
The traffic cops are making an effort, at least at the beginning of this drive. When taking a left from the Film Nagar road onto the road leading to Checkpost, saw a couple of cops there who were ensuring that the lane marked "free left" had been left free and traffic turning right avoided stopping on that lane.

Will enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:38   #926
BHPian

On my way from Tarnaka to DC, nothing. I saw no policeman trying to enforce anything related to free lefts. In fact, most of them seem to be in a mood of collecting fines today. They were everywhere!

By the way, GHMC has finally filled up the nasty road cut at Rd #45 near the CarMax showroom along with a few other holes on that road. Maybe they had spare road-mix left. Looks like they might have woken up to my GHMC grievance, OR phone calls from "VIPs", the latter seeming more probable.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:44   #927
Senior - BHPian

I took the route via J Hills Check Post today at 2 pm on the way to work. Darn, I did not see any free left, and had to spend nearly 10 minutes at that Jn.

I'll stick to my traditional route via Orissa Island->VW Jn->HDFC Jn->Rd # 45 henceforth.
Old 9th March 2011, 13:57   #928
BHPian

Maybe they so domething about it only at certain times. I saw its enforcement first hand again today.

Was approaching J Hills Checkpost from Road No.2/TDP office side, in the middle lane, wanting to go straight (to Road No.36). Had a green signal while the signal for the right turn was red.

Part of the straight lane was already blocked by bikes wanting to turn right and another joker on a bike in front of me going straight suddely realises he needs to turn right, puts his right arm out, brakes hard and stops in the middle lane.

I tried moving past him from the left and the signal turned red for me as well and I had to stop, with my left wheels partly in the left lane. The cop gestured to me to take the left and go, so I did that, made a u-turn and come back to Checkpost.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:06   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

I too noticed no implementation of the Free Left yet. I too was stuck for a long while at the signal where I wanted to take left to go towards Taj Krishna at Khairtabad.

The left lane was choc a bloc with vehicles who then coolly go straight when the light turn green.

During some of my aggressive moods, I cut them off and stop the vehicle for a few seconds then move ahead to make them understand they are wrong. Some understand and correct themselves, some dont. That's life!
Old 9th March 2011, 14:17   #930
Senior - BHPian

I have also not seen the "free left turn" drive's serious implementation. At the road number 12 junction , coming from Masab Tank , there's a free left but have not seen any policemen enforcing it completely, it's just the regular bunch of policemen who are always there. I may be wrong because I always keep to the centre or right depending on the traffic as I have go straight.
But I saw the free left marking on the road turning to Erramanzil colony from Khairatabad circle, but that was 10:30 in the night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks