Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 11:06   #18256
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Guys, what are the public transport options between C V Raman Nagar and the ORR-Sarjapur Road junction (landmark - Trinity Woods/Acres) ?
I'm guessing the best bet is one of the 500 series Volvo/regular BMTC buses from Tin Factory ?

Any buses from Old Airport side ?

Would be good to get bus numbers/series of both Volvo and regular BMTC from Tin Factory and the ones from HAL factory.
I think the best option from Old Airport side would be to take a 335E get down at Marathalli and then switch to 500D to go to the Sarjapur road junction. The switchover is not that easy though.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:46   #18257

Quote:
Guys, what are the public transport options between C V Raman Nagar and the ORR-Sarjapur Road junction (landmark - Trinity Woods/Acres) ?
I'm guessing the best bet is one of the 500 series Volvo/regular BMTC buses from Tin Factory ?

Would be good to get bus numbers/series of both Volvo and regular BMTC from Tin Factory and the ones from HAL factory.

One option you could consider is to take the 201R Volvo from C V Raman Nagar (they are pretty frequent), get off at Krupanidhi College and switch over to buses going towards Sarjapur.
santosh.puranik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:47   #18258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0
White topping is by far the biggest mess these babus have created in Bangalore. I've never seen a project so poorly planned and executed anywhere in India. And I feel saddened because among all other noisy protests such issues are not addressed which is actually affecting a common man.
More than a mess, it is the biggest and most popular scam in the city. The 'white topping' seems to be a scheme in which contractors (who are pals of politicians cutting across political lines) can just gobble up money and also siphon of quite a big chunk to hidden coffers (which comes handy during elections). Many roads which were chosen for white topping were quite good roads with a decent coat of tar bitumen on it. When the ORR was 'white topped' there were many RTAs after the first round of rains, when the whole road became slippery.

Quote:
Even if they want to do white topping they should issue a public notice well in advance before closure of roads and do it in phased maner instead of randomly closing it and causing a chaos.
When white topping was started on the Dairy Circle-Christ College stretch a notice was put up saying that the work to be completed in 180 days. But the notice did NOT say the starting date of the project . It is like the mythical story about Lord Ganesha. How Shiv tricked him by saying that his marriage will happen "tomorrow" (which never comes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa
Is the Dairy Circle - Christ College Portion of Hosur Road White Topping completed? I thought I read somewhere that it was completed but not sure and do not want to risk using the route till someone confirms on the completion from the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13
They were supposed to open this up from yesterday (i.e. Jan 27th) - read that in the papers. Not sure whether this has happened though.
As of yesterday - white topping is NOT complete between Dairy Circle and Tavarakere Jn. At least the road has not been opened for traffic. But they allowed traffic on the left side from Tavarekere Jn to Madivala Check post (with a traffic police posse waiting at the Check post side to catch vehicles coming on the wrong side from check post). Yesterday - from Tavarakere Jn till Madivala Check post both left & right lanes were used for traffic proceeding to check post side. Today's movement, may be that is another surprise .
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:56   #18259
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
The switchover is not that easy though.
I think I know what you mean, the Old Airport road-ORR junction is messy and one will need to walk in the midst of crazy traffic to get between the bus stops, but where exactly is the Marathahalli side bus stop ? Opposite Malabar (that won't be too far from ORR junction) or is it nearer brand factory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.puranik View Post
One option you could consider is to take the 201R Volvo from C V Raman Nagar (they are pretty frequent), get off at Krupanidhi College and switch over to buses going towards Sarjapur.
Thanks guys! A third option then is 500D from Tin factory if one can get there that is
Old 28th January 2020, 17:35   #18260
BHPian

Quote:
I think I know what you mean, the Old Airport road-ORR junction is messy and one will need to walk in the midst of crazy traffic to get between the bus stops, but where exactly is the Marathahalli side bus stop ? Opposite Malabar (that won't be too far from ORR junction) or is it nearer brand factory ?
I think it would be better to get down after crossing over the underpass opposite A2B. From there you have 2 options. Either walk to Kalamandir or you can take the skywalk and walk to the bus stop on ORR on the other side of the Marathalli underpass.

I think the second option is better. Should be a similar walking time and you will avoid the underpass traffic but in the first option you don't have to cross the road.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 19:22   #18261
BHPian

We have good reason for this thread running like a typical Indian epic - "Bengaluru is the ‘Most Traffic Congested City’ in the world"

Quote:
On an average, Bengalureans driving during peak hours spend spend an extra 243 hours, i.e., 10 days, 3 hours in traffic each year according to the 9th edition of the annual TomTom Traffic Index, which is based on statistical analysis.
Miyata is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 23:01   #18262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I think the best option from Old Airport side would be to take a 335E get down at Marathalli and then switch to 500D to go to the Sarjapur road junction. The switchover is not that easy though.
You actually do not need to get down from 335E at Marathahalli and go down to ring road. Get down, cross over using the foot over-bridge and you will get plenty of 500CA which runs on the ITPL-Banashankari Route which will take you to Sarjapur Road Jn.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 23:10   #18263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys! A third option then is 500D from Tin factory if one can get there that is
If your start point is CV Raman Nagar, then it's better to make use of HAL Airport road than having to pass through Tin factory. I think Rajeevrajs suggestion is most sensible. Take 335E and 500CA with the switch over being on top of Marathahalli underpass towards Whitefield. 500D on outer ring round is a roundabout I feel.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 08:47   #18264
Senior - BHPian

Good news !!
-----
The road from Madivala Check post via Christ College to Dairy Circle is now open for TWO WAY traffic. White topping on the left lane (Dairy Circle->Christ College->Madivala Check post) seems to be complete. They have NOT blocked the right lane (Madivala Check post->Christ College->Dairy Circle) as of 0830Hrs 29/01/2020.
sachinpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 15:30   #18265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Good news !!
-----
The road from Madivala Check post via Christ College to Dairy Circle is now open for TWO WAY traffic. White topping on the left lane (Dairy Circle->Christ College->Madivala Check post) seems to be complete. They have NOT blocked the right lane (Madivala Check post->Christ College->Dairy Circle) as of 0830Hrs 29/01/2020.
So while going from SilkBoard towards Dairy Circle - Can I go in front of Forum Mall (opp side of Forum) and reach Christ College or should I take a left onto St. John's Cross Road and then enter the main road near Nexa Koramangala ?
Old 29th January 2020, 20:31   #18266
Senior - BHPian

Came across this. What do the Bhpians have to say about this?

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...278531554.html

Quote:

Bengaluru: It's official. Bengaluru is the world's most traffic congested city. According to a report by TomTom, the Netherlands-based global provider of navigation, traffic and map products, India’s startup hub beat 415 other cities across 57 countries to earn the title in 2019.

“Bengaluru takes the top spot this year with drivers in the southern Indian city expecting to spend an average of 71% extra travel time stuck in traffic," TomTom said in the ninth edition of its annual Traffic Index.

The live tracking system indicated there are currently 291 traffic jams in the city, running up to 145.7 km. In 2019, a commuter spent an additional 243 hours in traffic while driving during peak hours. The report said during the time spent on roads, these people could have planted 244 trees, watched 215 episodes of Game of Thrones or watched 139 football matches.

Manila in the Philippines came a close second, with a similar average time spent by commuters in traffic

Mumbai, Pune and New Delhi were the other Indian cities that also featured in top 10, taking fourth, fifth and eighth places respectively.

The report said Bengaluru recorded the least traffic on 6 April and the highest was on 20 August when it recorded 103% congestion.

The worst rush hours are reserved for Fridays between 7 PM and 8 PM. “Travelling after 8 PM on Friday could save you up to 5 hours per year (for a 30 minute commute)," the report said.

With never-ending construction to improve public infrastructure, Bengaluru has witnessed a steady decline in the quality of life due to dust, pollution, rapidly eroding green cover and toxic lakes among other problems.

Last edited by vibbs : 29th January 2020 at 20:33.
Old 29th January 2020, 20:40   #18267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
So while going from SilkBoard towards Dairy Circle - Can I go in front of Forum Mall (opp side of Forum) and reach Christ College or should I take a left onto St. John's Cross Road and then enter the main road near Nexa Koramangala ?
You can take left from Hosur road towards Forum and then onto Dairy Circle. Today I experienced butter smooth traffic all the way from Total Mall near Silk board to Forum, and then till Nimhans campus. Was pretty surprised by the lack of traffic at 730PM. Maybe people are still not aware of the opening of the road and were stuck in alternate roads
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 22:11   #18268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Came across this. What do the Bhpians have to say about this?

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...278531554.html
While the congestion and traffic chaos in Bangalore is a real thing, seriously doubt if Tom Tom has a half decent install base of users in India to come up with this big claim. I mean, how many people even use Tom Tom maps. So would take these numbers with a big spoon of salt.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 06:50   #18269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
While the congestion and traffic chaos in Bangalore is a real thing, seriously doubt if Tom Tom has a half decent install base of users in India to come up with this big claim. I mean, how many people even use Tom Tom maps. So would take these numbers with a big spoon of salt.
Absolutely! For Bangalore I would simply go with the number of pages this topic has been discussed on this very own thread and trash all these surveys .
Old 30th January 2020, 07:33   #18270
BHPian

Heads up, Mega traffic block from agara/bellandur towards ecospace. Not sure of the cause

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks