Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 00:07   #18286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any good South Indian breakfast places en route to Bangalore Airport that open early say 6:15-6:30am ?
I doubt if you have any option outside the airport that early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There's an A2B just beyond Yelahanka where I've stopped once or twice. Don't think they open that early though.
They open at 7 but usually don't get going before 7:30ish. I've stopped there a couple of times after dropping my folks at the airport at 7 am and had to wait some 10 mins to get tea.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 08:52   #18287
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I doubt if you have any option outside the airport that early.
Well, we did find a decent place and this is nicely located, somehow never struck me before I saw it

At the Sadahalli Gate/Cross which has the last signal before the airport toll, on the left there is a Sri Krishna Grand - it's a Darshini type place and has an AC service room as well. It was open around 6:40am, and the basic stuff like Idly, Vada and a hot coffee were good and fresh. *This place isn't marked on gmaps but it's at the corner of Sadahalli road just opposite to Seasons hotel.

I had to drop off someone, so this way we could have breakfast and reach the airport on time and I didn't have to park the car and head to one of the other places inside the airport campus.

*There is a Sri Krishna Garden just after the Devanahalli/Hyderabad side toll plaza and gmaps says it opens at 6am, but getting here and then going to airport would mean more time is lost and I guess one would pay toll thrice - Once at Devanahalli, then at trumpet entry to airport and one at airport exit towards Yelahanka ?

When returning, I had time on my hand and some mood to explore, so took the route that cabbies take to avoid the toll. I had once taken the BK Halli road that merges near Sadahalli junction but I missed a fork somewhere, so instead of reaching the Railway underpass towards BK Halli road, I ended up going via Doddajala village and Railway station to merge back on the highway opposite the IAF campus. A 200-300 meter stretch was dug up with some work in progress but otherwise no issues. Did not bother to use gmaps and this helped me explore this route.

Last edited by NPV : 1st February 2020 at 09:13.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:17   #18288
BHPian

Budget has something to look forward to after all:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/73835637.cms
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:13   #18289
BHPian

Quote:
and I guess one would pay toll thrice - Once at Devanahalli, then at trumpet entry to airport and one at airport exit towards Yelahanka ?
If it helps anyone.
While going to KIA, once I took the wrong lane at the trumpet entry toll plaza and went towards Hyd. This is the right most lane and I did not pay toll.

Toll guy guided me to go ahead and take a U turn after 1.5 to 2 Km to take the lane towards KIA. Paid toll for return trip as well, picked up my folks from airport and returned to city via trumpet toll plaza. No hassles at all. Same amount as in normal travel.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:33   #18290
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Toll guy guided me to go ahead and take a U turn after 1.5 to 2 Km to take the lane towards KIA. Paid toll for return trip as well, picked up my folks from airport and returned to city via trumpet toll plaza. No hassles at all. Same amount as in normal travel.
I don't think this will work for the use case I had That was for a breakfast stop at an eatery just after the toll plaza on the Hyderabad side so I would end up paying the toll there before reaching the eatery (hence can't make the U turn to head back towards KIA).
Old 4th February 2020, 23:51   #18291
Team-BHP Support

BESCOM are digigng right in the middle of the Mysore bound carriageway about 100 meters before Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch/Metro Station. People commuting to RV College and thereabouts, prepare for a mess (unless it's all magicallly filled up/tarred overnight).

Quote:
I don't think this will work for the use case I had That was for a breakfast stop at an eatery just after the toll plaza on the Hyderabad side so I would end up paying the toll there before reaching the eatery (hence can't make the U turn to head back towards KIA).
The lone booth at the trumpet entrance from the Devanahalli side seems defunct. I'd posted about it a month or so ago on this thread, someone with a more recent experience can confirm.

My cabbie paid toll on the HYD-bound carriageway, made a U-turn shortly after and took the up-ramp past the unmanned booth.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th February 2020 at 23:56.
Old 5th February 2020, 09:08   #18292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The lone booth at the trumpet entrance from the Devanahalli side seems defunct.
Surprised to hear this because they used to issue a paper ticket (free of cost with time stamp) for all vehicles entering KIAL from that end. Later, if the same vehicle exits KIAL towards HYD, they would show the paper ticket at the exit booth (extreme left single lane) and be exempted from any toll charges.

This was the agreement as they would not have used the Hebbal to KIAL tollway at all, and hence could enter and leave KIAL free of cost if they used the HYD entrance and exit.

I am assuming they are using the integrated toll + FT system now as all cars entering KIAL will have a paper ticket or FT with an electronic signature attached.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 09:53   #18293
BHPian

A month or 2 ago, BBMP started white-topping of Indiranagar 80ft road on one side - the carriageway from Old Madras road to ADE/Deenabandhu Temple junction. The other carriageway was functional and made one-way towards Old Madras road. But traffic violators still entered from Old Madras side on this functional carriageway and created havoc/gridlock for folks waiting to enter Old Madras road from 80 ft road.

Now, I see white-topping has begun on the other stretch of 80 ft road. Between ADE/Deenabandhu temple junction and junction of 6th Main and 80ft road (near IDBI bank). Now the carriageway bound from ADE junction towards IDBI bank junction is only functional and traffic in both directions permitted. To make matters worse, there is lot of digging on this functional carriageway on the left most lane making it unusable. I had to take this stretch last night around 9.30pm and it was a nightmare to cross this stretch of 1/2 km with our senseless autowallahs, cabbies and 2-wheeler folks driving recklessly with high-beam on and overtaking from left, blocking oncoming traffic etc.
Now, I have to take this stretch again today evening around 7pm and I dread it! Requesting fellow BHPians to avoid 80ft road for the next month or two.
Old 5th February 2020, 09:58   #18294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Now, I have to take this stretch again today evening around 7pm and I dread it!
Depending on where you are and time of day, it is advisable to take one of Suranjan Das Road, 100 ft Road or Indira Nagar Double Road (connecting to 100 ft Road) to hit OMR instead of taking the 80 ft Road.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 08:18   #18295
Distinguished - BHPian

The strike has a pleasant effect on today's traffic at least when I drove from Yelahanka to Sahakarnagar and back. Cabs were way too less and hardly any autos. This was between 0730 and 0815.

Hopefully if the cabs and autos remain off roads, rest of you should have a pleasant commute for the remaining part of the day too.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:28   #18296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The strike has a pleasant effect on today's traffic at least when I drove from Yelahanka to Sahakarnagar and back.
Did not find much of a difference in the road traffic on Electronic City towards Madivala PS side. BMTC & auto rickshaws running. Company cabs also seems to be operating. Only difference was that "Riot Police" vans were parked in some major junctions.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:41   #18297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Company cabs also seems to be operating.
Company cabs were very much present around where I drove too because at once I noticed yellow plates and wondered if cabs are on strike at all till I noticed company logos on their rear windscreens.
Old 13th February 2020, 10:19   #18298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The strike has a pleasant effect on today's traffic at least when I drove from Yelahanka to Sahakarnagar and back.
Parag, Yelahanka to Sahakarnagar is a pleasant drive even with normal traffic.

On a more serious note, situation is normal in north BLR with schools open etc. However, any protests can be expected only later and around the CBD/Freedom Park area I guess.
Old 13th February 2020, 10:32   #18299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Parag, Yelahanka to Sahakarnagar is a pleasant drive even with normal traffic.
Trust me, it was more pleasant than the usual rush hour traffic even at 7:30am, especially the NES junction and then the next 3 till Kodigehalli. The density of the vehicles was so less on the roads by usual standards.

But you are right, we are blessed to rant less about North Bangalore traffic, especially around Yelahanka region.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 13:36   #18300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we are blessed to rant less about North Bangalore traffic, especially around Yelahanka region.
Parag bhai, don't jinx it!

By all indications, the airport road stretch is on the way to becoming the next-gen ORR.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks