Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:21   #18181
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
The Benigannahalli underpass was closed for some reason this evening. Anybody has any idea? Is that also going to be white topped?
If that is the case, then it would be a disaster for me (I am staying in SG Palya). Today itself, Sadanand nagar main road had so many vehicles, imagine the scenario from Monday when the 'real' scenario will be playout.

Quote:
50% good news- The Hennur underpass white topping is completed.
The bad news is that the other half will be started soon.
They have just completed 'half' of one side. So, theoritically it is just 1/4th completed. Still 3/4th remaining!

Quote:
The Ramamurthy Nagar underpass work is still not completed !.
I don't know what is happening in this place? It has been more than 2 months and they have not even completed one side?
Old 5th January 2020, 13:47   #18182
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The outer ring road craziness continues (I sampled a part of it today, Sunday). Traveled to Yelahanka and back. Between kasturi Nagar and Hennur it was free with fast moving traffic and then diversions and narrow usable sections due to white topping work and the Manyata flyover work made it a crawl, taking more than 25 minutes to reach Hebbal junction. After this it was slow till Sahakaranagar turn off and fine after that.

On the return, there were enthusiastic motorists stopped on the flyover to watch something exciting at the Jakkur airfield below, caused slowness there and then it was fine till Ramamurthynagar where the white topping work caused a 20 minute jam! Outer ring road stands for perennial development and is a cash cow for all the concerned agencies, sort of Akshaya Patra that doesn't deplete
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:48   #18183
BHPian

Sorry for OT and spam but couldn't resist sharing. I found it very apt.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_2020010519394036.png  

Old 7th January 2020, 08:29   #18184
Distinguished - BHPian

The infamous Bellandur Lake road is getting a full coat of tar. Wonder which politician is visiting.

But jokes apart, when we call them out for bad roads, should also appreciate it when they...just do their job! Happy for now, hope the tar lasts. Seriously, they should slap fines in crores on the next idiotic government agency or telecom company that digs up the road after it's been repaired!
Old 7th January 2020, 08:40   #18185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The infamous Bellandur Lake road is getting a full coat of tar. Wonder which politician is visiting.

But jokes apart, when we call them out for bad roads, should also appreciate it when they...just do their job! Happy for now, hope the tar lasts. Seriously, they should slap fines in crores on the next idiotic government agency or telecom company that digs up the road after it's been repaired!
Given what was done to the GST Road and OMR upto Mahabs when Modi and Xi visited, I would grit my teeth about the traffic disruption and invite every possible foreign and national dignitary to visit Chennai, even visit the bylanes and side streets if possible on the pretext of tourism. "Here in Gandhi Nagar IVth Main Road, there is a cute street dog that will catch biscuits from the air if you throw them at him" might work as a tourist attraction for some (it certainly would for me).
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 09:03   #18186
Senior - BHPian

Last 2 weeks were breeze thanks to holiday season(Christmas & New Year). But yesterday afternoon(6th Jan,2020) ORR was back in hyper-action

When I left office at my usual time(3PM), there was more traffic than usual. It was bumper to bumper all the way from Kaadubeesanahalli to almost HSR agara junction. And there were no accidents or anything visible, just normal vehicles commuting. Wonder what happened suddenly? 3PM used to be the best time to leave office till last year
Old 7th January 2020, 12:11   #18187
BHPian

It became worse as the day progressed . Started from Manyata tech park at 4:30 PM and reached Yemlur at 7:15 PM. May be everyone wanted to show their face in office after vacation :-)
Old 7th January 2020, 12:23   #18188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Wonder what happened suddenly? 3PM used to be the best time to leave office till last year
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
It became worse as the day progressed .
Its the same old rigmarole that happens every year end and I would have expected nothing different. Two weeks of holiday, people totally disconnected to office work and taken up by their vacations and year end parties. Come back to town on the 4th-5th Jan weekend, and from Monday everyone is back in the usual hordes on ORR. Same thing happens during a shorter timeframe during the Diwali weekend every year. The city is such a better place during these times.
Old 7th January 2020, 18:15   #18189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3PM used to be the best time to leave office till last year
Yesterday I saw considerable traffic in between Marathahalli and Bellandur while coming to office at 2 pm and while returning from office at 10:30 pm
Old 8th January 2020, 08:09   #18190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Its the same old rigmarole that happens every year end and I would have expected nothing different.
It increases yes, but still Monday had atleast 3-4 times more vehicles for 3PM at ORR. Tuesday it was back to normal and i could breeze through from mahadevpura to agara junction in barely 20 mins(didn't even have to cross 60kph). Have been doing this route for exactly 1 year now and that's the usual trend. 3-3:30PM it's smooth post which madness picks up
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Yesterday I saw considerable traffic in between Marathahalli and Bellandur while coming to office at 2 pm and while returning from office at 10:30 pm
3PM it was all cool

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th January 2020 at 08:17.
Old 10th January 2020, 07:56   #18191
Senior - BHPian

While coming from HSR towards Marathahalli, a truck crashed into the flyover wall infront of ecoworld-ORR. That has led to ripple effect all the way till microsoft(bumper to bumper slow moving). Will get worse as the day progresses unless the truck is moved. Watch out folks

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th January 2020 at 07:58.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 08:58   #18192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While coming from HSR towards Marathahalli, a truck crashed into the flyover wall infront of ecoworld-ORR.
Yes, that's going to be a nightmare for travellers coming from hsr side. Luckily it did not topple.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20200110_084857464.jpg

I lost count of how many accidents have taken place at this place. Hope these crashes isn't causing any internal structural damages to the flyover.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 09:51   #18193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

I lost count of how many accidents have taken place at this place. Hope these crashes isn't causing any internal structural damages to the flyover.
The jam has now reached the HSR flyover ... I am in a Volvo with a maniacal driver and he has set the AC at 10deg C to maintain cool.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th January 2020 at 10:11. Reason: Please use emoticons provided in forum text editor for a consistent reader experience across platforms.
Old 10th January 2020, 10:11   #18194
Senior - BHPian

Close up view:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20200110wa0000.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 10:33   #18195
Distinguished - BHPian

God knows when accidents in this section of ORR will finally stop.

Way too regular to come across trucks hitting the most badly (and wrongly) designed roads in the city where flyover wall starts with no apparent warning. Incidents like these are bonus for regular ORR commuters.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks