Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:05   #19531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bangalore's roads are set to be a lot more lawless soon:
https://twitter.com/chandrarsrikant/...02030958723072
Zomato's explainer after backlash over 10-minute delivery plan (Source: NDTV.com)

Quote:
"No penalties for late deliveries. No incentives for on-time deliveries for both 10- and 30-minute deliveries," Mr Goyal said on a Twitter thread.

He said Zomato delivery partners are not informed about the promised delivery time for both 10- and 30-minute deliveries.

Last edited by adisan : 22nd March 2022 at 16:12.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 05:43   #19532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
The only "innovation" these companies can do is on how to squeeze hapless humans. The way we do things in India, waiting 30 to 45 minutes shouldn't be a big problem.
I think Karthi Chidambaram, MP, made an interesting remark - these guys should be given the all India contract for emergency services.
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 08:19   #19533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
The only "innovation" these companies can do is on how to squeeze hapless humans.
Oh, they'll always find a way:

https://www.ranker.com/list/dominos-...evieve-carlton
Old 23rd March 2022, 09:02   #19534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zomato's explainer after backlash over 10-minute delivery plan (Source: NDTV.com)

Quote:
He said Zomato delivery partners are not informed about the promised delivery time for both 10- and 30-minute deliveries.
We should take this with a pinch of salt. These 10-minute orders are to be fulfilled from "finishing stations" that are going to be set up exclusively for this purpose. How can Goyal argue that delivery staff are not aware that orders sent from these stations are of the 10-minute-or-else variety?
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 13:37   #19535
Senior - BHPian

White topping of roads halted as its proving to be expensive. Karnataka CM has mentioned this while addressing a question in the local assembly. He mentioned that only high density roads will be white topped going forward.

Article in TOI
Old 25th March 2022, 14:50   #19536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
White topping of roads halted as its proving to be expensive. Karnataka CM has mentioned this while addressing a question in the local assembly. He mentioned that only high density roads will be white topped going forward.

Article in TOI
I also wonder if these "white topped" roads are really concrete roads or just cosmetically cement topped roads.
Looking at the amount of steel in these roads, it seems to me that these roads will soon deteriorate.

Also, I've noticed that the steel reinforcement is never, ever visible to the casual observer. Are they deliberately hiding the fact that they are using no steel or very little steel? I found this steel grid next to the road that was being "white topped" and I'm not even sure if it was meant for the road!
Attached Images

Old 25th March 2022, 15:31   #19537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Looking at the amount of steel in these roads, it seems to me that these roads will soon deteriorate.

Even a small two storey building has more dense steel frames than we we see here. And these roads are supposed to take the load of 20 ton vehicles day and night.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 10:50   #19538
Senior - BHPian

Bus lane bollards along ORR may be removed (Times of India report)
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 10:33   #19539
Senior - BHPian

Hoodi - ABB road to be made two-way on trial basis (Bangalore Mirror report)
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:26   #19540
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like this has happened. Went to an office today after 2 years and 16 days .
Bollard between Sarjapur Road Junction and Bellandur seem to be removed (albeit half heartedly. There were some protruding metal pieces which were probably used to keep them in place).
Bollards were still present after Bellandur. Traffic wasn't all that bad though. Took me roughly 40 mins to cover the 20kms between my house near Kudlu gate to Whitefield during what would have been peak hour traffic in the days of yore

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st April 2022 at 12:34. Reason: Edited. Not all here are from Bangalore.
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 15:22   #19541
bht
BHPian

Quote:
I did notice the change earlier today, we can no longer take the right from graphite India road towards Hoodi, on now needs to take mandatory left towards Brigade metropolis and there is an immediate break in median where you can take U turn towards Hoodi.
bht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 15:47   #19542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
we can no longer take the right from graphite India road towards Hoodi, on now needs to take mandatory left towards Brigade metropolis and there is an immediate break in median where you can take U turn towards Hoodi.
This is the most stupidest decision ever for this area! All they had to do was enforce strict on way rules and the infrastructure already built to allow free right near Sumadhura apartment etc would have allowed for a smooth traffic flow. Now those coming from whitefield have to take a U turn near Sumadhura and those going to whitefield from Graphite have to take U turn near Buruka Tech park. It is very difficult to take U turn near Buruka if there are too many vehicles coming from KR Puram. This causes people to wait for their turn and the traffic starts piling up behind soon due to lack of lane discipline and what follows is a gridlock where no one can move! I am not sure I am able to articulate this but soon you'll experience yourself
I was stuck in a hour long jam yesterday near Buruka for exactly this reason!
Neither could people heading to KR Puram move nor those coming from Hoodi move forward simply because too many cars were waiting for their U turn!
Old 1st April 2022, 15:48   #19543
BHPian

Is it only the Hoodi-ABB road that is two way or even the Hoodi-Graphite India one where I think the metro construction is still going on.

Wrong way riding was way more rampant on this Hoodi-Graphite India stretch.
Old 1st April 2022, 15:51   #19544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Is it only the Hoodi-ABB road that is two way or even the Hoodi-Graphite India one where I think the metro construction is still going on.
It is only the Hoodi - ABB stretch, on a trial basis. The other segments of the triangular road remain one-way.
The pictorial representation in the news report (previous post) might help.

Last edited by adisan : 1st April 2022 at 15:53.
Old 1st April 2022, 16:45   #19545
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
This is the most stupidest decision ever for this area! All they had to do was enforce strict on way rules and the infrastructure already built to allow free right near Sumadhura apartment etc would have allowed for a smooth traffic flow. Now those coming from whitefield have to take a U turn near Sumadhura and those going to whitefield from Graphite have to take U turn near Buruka Tech park. It is very difficult to take U turn near Buruka if there are too many vehicles coming from KR Puram. This causes people to wait for their turn and the traffic starts piling up behind soon due to lack of lane discipline and what follows is a gridlock where no one can move!
Quote:
It is only the Hoodi - ABB stretch, on a trial basis. The other segments of the triangular road remain one-way.
The pictorial representation in the news report (previous post) might help.
I think the best they can do is move back to old set up once most of the metro work is done, there are far too many people driving on wrong side on all three stretches here already.

New system will create chaos for sure near bhoruka teck park and Brigade metropolis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post

Wrong way riding was way more rampant on this Hoodi-Graphite India stretch.
I don't think there are any changes on this stretch. This is still one way with more people driving on wrong side than right

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st April 2022 at 17:17. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Trimming quoted post. Fixing minor typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks