Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2022, 12:23   #19636
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Crazy traffic today, even the bylanes are choc-a-bloc!
Headed out for vegetables and groceries and find almost all roads around Thippasandra and Bimanagar full of vehicles and people, one distinct reason for this I observed was parents and children in long lines outside school uniform contract tailors shops, some are literally camping on the road sitting on foldable camping chairs (the Decathlon ones), it's like a mela

Last edited by NPV : 4th June 2022 at 12:28.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 13:00   #19637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
parents and children in long lines outside school uniform contract tailors shops, some are literally camping on the road sitting on foldable camping chairs (the Decathlon ones), it's like a mela
Supply chain issues at the local level. 2 years of no business and many tailors have packed up and gone back to hometown. Even for my kid's school that gives ready made uniforms they went out of stock and many parents are sending their kids in casual clothes..
Old 5th June 2022, 06:57   #19638
Distinguished - BHPian

Hebbal flyover outbound lanes towards KIAL. Some bright spark has created mini speedbreakers where the rutted expansion joints used to be .

Serious risk of rear-ending or getting rear-ended. Please be careful!
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 08:53   #19639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hebbal flyover outbound lanes towards KIAL. Some bright spark has created mini speedbreakers where the rutted expansion joints used to be...
They just keep coming up with new torture techniques.

Was stuck in a long jam on the outbound side last week, past midnight. Reason? ONE intercity bus driver at the Esteem Mall stop thought he was too important to use the bus lane so blocked a lane on the active carriageway instead. Seems to be a regular occurrence now

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th June 2022 at 08:57.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 10:06   #19640
BHPian

Quote:
Hebbal flyover outbound lanes towards KIAL. Some bright spark has created mini speedbreakers where the rutted expansion joints used to be .

Serious risk of rear-ending or getting rear-ended. Please be careful!
I really want to know who. Same with the speed breakers on Hosur Rd. Why don't they want to be known for their good deeds?

I think it is time TBHP gave our government officials a honorary membership and a subforum of their own.

They could explain to feeble brained people like me, why they do things the way they do.

Same question on who came up with the very innovative station display system on Namma Metro.
Old 5th June 2022, 23:58   #19641

Spotted this on airport road. Spent close to half hour to pass the site.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20220605235226_whatsapp.png  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20220605235233_whatsapp.png  

Old 6th June 2022, 08:31   #19642
Distinguished - BHPian

In today's Hindu. Seems to be serious this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20220606_081952__01.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 08:45   #19643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It needs to be enforced to make ANPR camera enforcement effectives. Saying that I saw a white Mustang roaring around with no number plates on Vital Mallya Road.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:15   #19644
BHPian

Quote:
Wonder if there is a way to send anonymous messages to this WhatsApp number mentioned in the ad - 9449863459.

And very interesting that they want you to send a photo and location! A bit too much work for the common man if you ask me. What about the zillions of CCTV cameras and policemen?

And why should government vehicles be exempt and receive special treatment from the cops? Honestly, all these "VIP" vehicles should be fined at 10 to 100 times the normal rate depending on the position of the official(s) assigned the vehicle. A special note against the official and the driver should be entered in public records.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:04   #19645
Senior - BHPian

Updates on white-topping of Mission Road and Goodshed Road
Source: Bangalore Mirror

Quote:
Excerpt:

The Goodshed Road has been completely blocked and is leading to traffic congestion in the nearby areas. So, the cops want to wait for the BBMP to finish this road before taking up another one. The news was shared by BBMP Special Commissioner (Project) PN Ravindranath. “The white-topping work at Goodhsed and Seshadri roads is nearing completion. We also wanted to take up Mission Road. But, cops have refused permission asking us to complete the Goodshed Road first. We cannot take up work at all the places as it will inconvenience the motorists so we will take up projects one after another,” he said.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:25   #19646
Senior - BHPian

@mvadg I think this number is not working. I had sent a query 3 days back and no reply as yet.

It's about the fake number plates that traffic police insist needs to be purchased. Having changed the font on my factory fitted plate on their advise, Now they want HSRP number plate. But RTO stubbornly refuses to issue it.

I think Karnataka RTO is under financial distress, a friend recently registered his new car and has just been issued a paper. No smart card or even a book like previously.

Name:  Screenshot 20220606 at 12.20.10 PM.png
Views: 403
Size:  208.7 KB
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:31   #19647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I think Karnataka RTO is under financial distress
The RTO that charges highest tax in the country...
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:49   #19648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@mvadg I think this number is not working. I had sent a query 3 days back and no reply as yet.

It's about the fake number plates that traffic police insist needs to be purchased. Having changed the font on my factory fitted plate on their advise, Now they want HSRP number plate. But RTO stubbornly refuses to issue it.

I think Karnataka RTO is under financial distress, a friend recently registered his new car and has just been issued a paper. No smart card or even a book like previously.

Attachment 2316987

Instead of running behind RTO, it is easier to just get the HSRP from private vendor and get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I got the HSRP plates for my Dzire from Godawari Techno solutions from their website
https://www.bookhsrponline.com/
Paid total of Rs. 818 including shipping. Received plates in about a week. Their product shipped update reached me after the product itself is delivered Apart from this, it was a smooth experience.

I know that HSRP is currently not mandatory for old cars, but it's not easy to convince the cops everytime they stop you. So, I thought it's better to get the HSRP or its look alike which meets RTO criteria for number plates.

I'm currently driving an MH registered car in Bangalore and was not sure how to go about getting hsrp, but this website made it quite easy. Posting here as there may be others in similar situation.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:02   #19649
BHPian

More closure of major roads for white-topping:-

Quote:
The BBMP will start white-topping a portion of T Chowdiah Road from Malleswaram 18th Cross to the CNR Rao underpass on Monday. Accordingly, there will be a complete ban on vehicular movement from T Chowdiah Road, Malleswaram 18th Cross, to the CNR Rao underpass on Monday.

Accordingly, there will be a complete ban on vehicular movement from T Chowdiah Road, Malleswaram 18th Cross, to the CNR Rao underpass, and from Cauvery Theatre Junction to Yeshwantpur, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic-East) said.

Light vehicles moving from Cauvery Theatre Junction to Yeshwantpur should take a left turn on T Chowdiah Road, Malleswaram 18th Cross, move on Sampige Road, take a left turn at Margosa Road 18th Cross Junction, then turn right at Margosa Road 17th Cross and turn right again Malleswaram 8th Main to reach Yeshwantpur Circle.

Heavy vehicles moving from Cauvery Theatre Junction to Yeshwantpur should ply via Raman Maharshi Road to reach Mehkri Circle, then take a left turn, proceed on CV Raman Road via Sadashivanagar police station junction to reach CNR Rao Circle and then take a left turn, proceed on CV Raman Road via Sadashivanagar police station junction to reach CNR Rao Circle and then proceed towards Yeshwantpur Circle.
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/ma...y-1115641.html
Old 6th June 2022, 21:36   #19650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Instead of running behind RTO, it is easier to just get the HSRP from private vendor and get it fixed.
Wow this is a godsend. They are Govt. Approved and the plates will be sent from the nearby RTO according to their website. Why don't these idiots on Twitter and WhatsApp just refer these guys?

Just adding the link again. https://www.bookhsrponline.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks