Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:02   #20386
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
After 10 days of peace, Bangalore traffic is back in form. Bellandur lake road is choked.
Interesting. I came via Wind Tunnel road and Bellandur Lake Road, traveled between 8.30 and 9.30am and the traffic was pretty much normal. Same was the case on Monday. Might have been a case of some breakdown or sorts causing the jam today.
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:18   #20387
BHPian

Quote:
After 10 days of peace, Bangalore traffic is back in form. Bellandur lake road is choked.
Same. Went to RMZ office in OMR. Rammurthy Nagar area was choc-a-bloc with traffic, both in the morning and evening. But it was thankfully not standstill traffic.
Old 2nd November 2022, 21:21   #20388
BHPian

Standstill traffic on Mysore road due to All Souls Day function in the Christian burial ground near Gopalan mall - Sirsi Circle. The whole BGS flyover was jammed from the entry near townhall till Mysore road exit.

Last edited by silvercloud : 2nd November 2022 at 21:43.
Old 3rd November 2022, 06:15   #20389
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For a morning visit, say 8am or thereabouts what are the safe & legal parking options for both 2 and 4 wheelers around the Jayanagar BMTC bus stand ?

Does the bus stand have a multi level car park ?

What about parking inside the BDA complex, does it have specific timings ?

Last edited by NPV : 3rd November 2022 at 06:16.
Old 3rd November 2022, 07:54   #20390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For a morning visit, say 8am or thereabouts what are the safe & legal parking options for both 2 and 4 wheelers around the Jayanagar BMTC bus stand ?

Does the bus stand have a multi level car park ?

What about parking inside the BDA complex, does it have specific timings ?
The top floor of the bus stand has parking. It is generally my preferred parking location in Jayanagar.

Parking is also there on the road, which joins opposite the entrance to the bus stand. There also other parking locations around on the roads, which should be easily available at 8AM.
Aiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 08:09   #20391
BHPian

Traffic was so bad near Agara junction towards Ibblur last night. There was no movement for like 15 minutes. Got fed up and decided to turn around and go via koramangala and inner ring road to join the wind tunnel road to reach bellandur and this much longer diversion only took me 25 minutes. Don't know what was causing the jam.
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:29   #20392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
8 am is easy. Depending on where you want to go:

The top floor of the bus-stand: If closed when you arrive, the entrance will be barricaded.

The road adjacent to Cool Joint (when coming from Cosmopolitan club)

Many other side roads

After the bus-stand, the road on the left.

BDA complex - you can park on one section, IIRC. If the attendants are there, then you pay parking charge.

All depends on where exactly you want to go at that place.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:33   #20393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The top floor of the bus stand has parking. It is generally my preferred parking location in Jayanagar.
Agree with this - top floor of the BMTC bus stand has parking for 2 & 4 wheelers, although for 2-wheelers, legal parking on the street is plentiful around the shopping complex. At 8am, Jayanagar is barely waking up, so you are sure to get parking.

Additionally, if you wish, parking is also available in the basement of the new shopping complex (entrance opposite the bus stand), although I am not sure it will be open at 8am.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:55   #20394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
At 8am, Jayanagar is barely waking up,
Jayanagar opens up only after 10am.
fordday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:04   #20395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
At 8am, Jayanagar is barely waking u
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Jayanagar opens up only after 10am.
+1 to this.

Quote:
There are numerous street car parking areas (e.g. in front of Suma coffee outlet on the other side) which won't see the parking attendees till late morning, so it should be practically free parking atleast till late morning. If you go around the BDA complex, you'll see several options and many cars parked already.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:20   #20396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bellandur lake road and wind tunnel road continues to be choked since 9am today. Sarjapur to ORR to Bellandur is choked too. Traffic cops have been deployed at many such junctions to regulate traffic which has avoided deadlocks. Same spots were choked after 5:30PM yesterday.

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd November 2022 at 10:24.
Old 3rd November 2022, 14:10   #20397
Senior - BHPian

Already, there is water logging at Kadubesanahalli underpass. Plan your routes accordingly.
Old 3rd November 2022, 14:15   #20398
Distinguished - BHPian

Below the dairy circle flyover, when coming from Christ college and turning left towards Bannerghatta road, the traffic police have laid a clever trap. There is a dedicated lane for turning left, with no sign saying "No Free left" and a signal only present after this turnout for those going straight or right. Yet they flagged me down telling I jumped the signal and the traffic light applies even for turning left. Have never even imagined this case and from many years I have been taking this left without giving regard to the traffic light.

But yesterday a lot of cops were in action and they flagged me down. Somehow didnt end up paying a fine after a friendly chat with the cops and more than anything they ignored the sunfilm on my car. My argument that there was no board about the free left and that they havent put a separate signal worked in favour. In silk board signal, this concept exists where the turn from BTM towards Madivala has a separate traffic light applicable to those taking the dedicated left lane. However there is no such signal under the dairy circle flyover.
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:47   #20399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is a dedicated lane for turning left, with no sign saying "No Free left" and a signal only present after this turnout for those going straight or right.
Agree, identical scenario reported earlier outside UB City:

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/li...u-1006200.html

Logically, if there is a separate lane / signage / traffic island created for a left turn, it MUST be a free one UNLESS signaled / signposted otherwise.
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:25   #20400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Somehow didnt end up paying a fine after a friendly chat with the cops and more than anything they ignored the sunfilm on my car. My argument that there was no board about the free left and that they havent put a separate signal worked in favour.
Interesting. A year ago, I was stopped and fined by cops in Jayanagar for turning left at a junction that had no board (about the no free left) nor had a signal for the left turn. All my arguments fell on deaf ears - they stuck to the point that the default rule is always no free left allowed. A similar experience last month on the Trinity church road, when turning left towards General KS Thimayya road. Also the Trinity church road junction is one that I pass daily and I see cops doing this almost every other day.

Maybe the friendly conversation in the local language worked for you? Or maybe the cops were feeling lenient

Edit: Noticed your experience was on a dedicated left lane. That wasn't the case in my experience.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd November 2022 at 20:29.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks