Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 09:43   #20476
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I have been noticing traffic cops at many vantage locations leading up to Hebbal flyover from Kogilu cross and Jakkur exit of KIA elevated highway. It looks like a strict clamp down on heavy vehicles to keep them off Hebbal flyover.

Yesterday (a Saturday) mid-morning the traffic flow over Hebbal looked, well, like a flow rather than stagnant. Was it divine providence or did regular users notice any perceptible improvement lately?
Yup: Scroll to my post above: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5441565 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

1 month trial ongoing.
Old 27th November 2022, 13:18   #20477
Senior - BHPian

First time in the history, the Marathahalli ORR underpass under the bridge was closed yesterday night for metro work. From 12 to morning 6. Opened up today morning. I was heading back after a second show at innovative and was stuck inside innovative for a while at 1am unable to get out. People who are familiar with this stretch will know how terrible this can cause. All the vehicles heading towards KR Puram side from Bellandur side had to take service road take left and go towards HAL, take U- Turn and come back and take left to join ORR. All those trucks and trailers were doing this circus, atleast I saw them taking left and going towards HAL but no idea how did they come back to merge the ORR. No way they could do a U Turn on HAL road. Probably they all took the back road and joined at Karthik Nagar directly. Still a tough thing. I thing they purposely planned this on a Saturday night to avoid a chaos.
Old 27th November 2022, 13:54   #20478
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning I was heading towards Malleswaram and took the Shivananda circle steel flyover for the very first time!

As soon as one turns right from race course road, entry to the flyover is via a curvy path to the right and the last downward slope at the end of the flyover is curvy again and merges on to the Hare Krishna road at a narrow section just before the railway underpass.

The speed limit marked is 30kmph and i think it's the right speed given the shape of the flyover. I just hope it doesn't turn into an accident spot with rashly driven/over speeding vehicles.

Last edited by NPV : 27th November 2022 at 13:55.
Old 27th November 2022, 14:22   #20479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
First time in the history, the Marathahalli ORR underpass under the bridge was closed yesterday night for metro work.
Has been closed quite a few times in the past couple of months. Post midnight I generally prefer taking the bellandur lake road-> doddanekundi to reach mahadevpura from Kadubeesanalli given the uncertainty of roadclosures although it is 3 km longer.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 14:41   #20480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Has been closed quite a few times in the past couple of months. Post midnight I generally prefer taking the bellandur lake road-> doddanekundi to reach mahadevpura from Kadubeesanalli given the uncertainty of roadclosures although it is 3 km longer.
I see. The ORR used to get closed recently here and there during the midnight but not the marathahalli underpass is what I thought. The closure of underpass is really some mess.
Old 27th November 2022, 20:16   #20481
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Received the below on whatsapp. Is this correct?
If yes, then it is going to be serious inconvenience for everyone in that area.
—-
*Hello Doddanekundi: Prepare for Tougher Commute for next 4 months*
*Traffic Advisory*
Increased Traffic Congestion anticipated below ORR Doddanekundi Flyover as both sides service roads width would shrink by 50% for a length of 100 metres at a time

*Why is this happening?*
SNC is preparing to start the MEGA GANTRY CRANE ERECTION and the footings are being set up on the HP Petrol Bunk side of the Service Road. Similar footings would be setup on the Durga Petals Side of the Service road

The MEGA GATRY CRANE would be used to ERECT the U Girders between the Twin Flyover at Doddanekundi

As the construction progresses, the Gantry Crane would move from Durga Petals end of the flyover towards Bagmane World Technology Center. At any point of time 100 metres of these concrete footing would be installed on the road and shrink the Service Road width

*What actions have been initiated?*
✅ No Parking Boards are already installed
✅ One Way Violation will be strictly enforced
✅ More One-Way Sign boards getting installed
✅ Traffic Police & SNC will deploy more manpower to regulate traffic flow

*What can I do as a resident?*
1. Prepare for additional Commute Time and Leave early
2. Have water and snacks to eat (if needed)
3. Work from Home (WFH) as much as possible so that you don’t add to the traffic Jam
4. Inform Schools to send their School buses early

#bePREPARED

#HOPEfortheFUTURE

Mahadevapura Task Force
Mobility
—-
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 21:28   #20482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
SNC is preparing to start the MEGA GANTRY CRANE ERECTION and the footings are being set up on the HP Petrol Bunk side of the Service Road.
Is this the same thing they have installed in Bellandur, opposite Akme Harmony?
Old 27th November 2022, 21:49   #20483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is this the same thing they have installed in Bellandur, opposite Akme Harmony?
Yes, the same setup of concrete blocks with rails on top of it, to move the crane.
Old 28th November 2022, 08:54   #20484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Agree, most recently before the said incident being Nov 24 ( Thursday ) and yes, it causes huge mess with trucks knocking of car bumpers as they do the "S" circus - service to main to service. Caused an hour long traffic jam at 11PM on Nov 24th.

Separately, a lot of traffic police are routinely deployed now at various traffic bottlenecks in Bangalore. Case in point: The Marathahalli U turn in front of Sudharshan skills ( this has had a policeman for a while now ), all minor intersections on the Varthur road ( Ramagondanahalli, Siddapura, Tubarahalli, Brigade Cosmopolis, Whitefield Mayura Bakery junction, Vijayanagar Mainroad Junction ) - it makes a world of difference to have a semblance of an order at these places without which it's a mad selfish rush leading to gridlocks or damaged vehicles. Most of the Marathahalli ORR - Whitefield roads are being asphalted over the weekend ( and this is not just the 'IT' corridor roads, but also inner roads used by locals which have been in terrible shape ). And it's not just asphalting, but the markings are being done too ( solid lines or otherwise, zebra crossings ), stringent shoeing of vehicles in no-parking zones all of this is happening. These were luxuries available to pampered 'South Bangalore' folks so far - most of the roads in whitefield were never marked - we poor fellows now get to have it too. But welcome changes overall - hoping it all cuts travel time to work by atleast 15 minutes. Now, can we also shift bus-stops to proper locations from the junctions?

Separately, so many drivers/riders continue to be zoned out after the covid season - they ride/drive with a 'devil may care attitude' - even if there are vehicles turning at a junction etc, they are squeezing through at highspeeds or brake in front of such vehicles. Recently at an intersection a 'tin can' cut me at an intersection perpendicularly from my left - if I had not managed brake at a moment's notice - it would have been a crash. And it's like they are not even indicating intent - it's a bit like psychological warfare for some of these folks.

Last edited by airguitar : 28th November 2022 at 09:20.
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 09:30   #20485
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a pretty pleasant monday commute to Kundanahalli Via HAL Airport road and the effect of the new police chief is pretty evident. More cops manning junctions and reduced congestion almost everywhere. And for a change my car FE has reached double digit figures after staying below it for a long time
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 09:48   #20486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Received the below on whatsapp. Is this correct?
If yes, then it is going to be serious inconvenience for everyone in that area.
—-
Yes, the service roads on both sides have the space earmarked for the crane. On the service road that leads to Soul Space Arena Mall the traffic has always been thin, so it may be manageable. It will become a nightmare once the blockade moves towards the Bagmane Tech Park. Can't even imagine what it will be like. I use both the service roads every day

I don't see anyone stopping wrong side traffic as yet like they are claiming in the advisory. It's all anarchy as usual.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:02   #20487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
1 month trial ongoing.
Quoting my own post. What's it with Manyata (Courtyard Marriott to Hebbal side) traffic today? Is it because of the LCV/HCV ban on the KIAL to Hebbal section OR has the work to dismantle the left side flyover already started?

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le66192006.ece
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-manyata.jpg  

Old 28th November 2022, 11:11   #20488
BHPian

For a change, traffic on ORR - HSR to Bellandur is free following for the last one week or so. A lot of cops including seniors are seen managing traffic at merging locations to ensure smooth flow.

Apparently, it is part of an effort to decongest selected junctions as per the article in TOI.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/95795724.cms

Hope it would continue for sometime.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 15:17   #20489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quoting my own post. What's it with Manyata (Courtyard Marriott to Hebbal side) traffic today? Is it because of the LCV/HCV ban on the KIAL to Hebbal section OR has the work to dismantle the left side flyover already started?
Special Commissioner of Police , Traffic. Mr MA Saleem has stopped heavy trucks and other vehicles from entering into the city during peak hours, maybe that can be one of the reasons for easing of traffic on Hebbal, Peenya, Hosur road.
Old 28th November 2022, 15:35   #20490
Team-BHP Support

A string of firsts yesterday afternoon, commuting from Mysore Road towards Kogilu Cross.

ORR stretch upto Tumkur Road was a breeze, Peenya industrial area road that bypasses the ORR-Tumkur Road junction and joins near the Gorguntepalya flyover up ramp has been relaid properly (first in years), the signal at pillar #10 underneath Gorguntepalya flyover was both vacant and green (I've NEVER flown through this signal since its existence), Pipeline Road and HMT Layout roads have been relaid (again, first time in years), and Hebbal signal, of all places, had the left turn open and unclogged!

What sorcery is this?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2022 at 15:37.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks