Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2022, 20:08   #20446
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
The issue is more that the speed limit drops by 30KMPH in a span of 20-30 mts ! Shouldn't there be a reasonable span between speed zones?
On the contrary, this sounds like a prudent arrangement - instead of asking drivers to drop to 30 kmph from the regular 80 kmph in one go, what we have is an intermediate zone where they have to drop to 60 kmph first. If this zone is 30m as you say then it gives drivers about 2 seconds to do so.
Old 12th November 2022, 22:08   #20447
BHPian

Some horror news coming our way. 39 roads are planned for white topping and one of them is, hold your breath, ORR from Silkboard to KR Puram.

If it happens during this metro construction I will quit my job and stay unemployed.
fordday is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 22:10   #20448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Some horror news coming our way. 39 roads are planned for white topping and one of them is, hold your breath, ORR from Silkboard to KR Puram.

If it happens during this metro construction I will quit my job and stay unemployed.
Impossible before the metro work is done. But given how the kr puram to hebbal stretch has fared during the recent rains vs the silk board stretch I don't think I will be against it this time.
Old 13th November 2022, 06:55   #20449
Distinguished - BHPian

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/95479071.cms

Finally, NHAI fixing armco barriers on KIAL Expressway. Will avoid those fatal median-jumping incidents. However, I feel the armcos being fitted are not substantial or tall enough.
Old 13th November 2022, 09:42   #20450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post

Just reading this sent a chill down my spine. So by a mango man estimate, ORR from Silk Board to KR Puram will be a total poophole for the next 6 years it seems.
Man oh man, do BBMP keep thinking of new ways to totally destroy any sort of sanity we try to maintain. I guess this is the reason they have not been filling up the craters on the Bellandur and Sarjapur flyovers till now.
Old 13th November 2022, 09:43   #20451
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/95479071.cms

Finally, NHAI fixing armco barriers on KIAL Expressway. Will avoid those fatal median-jumping incidents. However, I feel the armcos being fitted are not substantial or tall enough.
There is a place on that road just before that toll booth which has been blocked off and is now being used for taxi parking and parking for some restaurant nearby. That was supposed to be an underpass or flyover. It has been more than 5 years in the making.
Old 13th November 2022, 09:46   #20452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Noticed a different type of setup today in Banashankari.

A camera on a tripod, near a tree. This is placed such that a driver wont see it, unless he turns as soon as he reaches the tree & looks towards the camera. One copy is manning this. Three more about 100m down the road where the errant or targeted cars are flagged down.
This is a Camera set up to identify vehicle number plates with pending penalties. It seems the Camera can identify up to 25 number plates in few seconds. And it'll send the data to Mobile phones with requisite software. That's the reason, you can observe one or two cops glaring in to their phones and others standing to flag the Vehicle.

It's a routine near Madhus on Hosur Road, and the cops will be standing near the Lalbagh double road gate.

Does anyone know, how to contest wrong penalties? emails listed are of no use. Don't want to tag on twitter for small issues. Any other medium to highlight the errors?
Old 13th November 2022, 10:09   #20453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
There is a place on that road just before that toll booth which has been blocked off and is now being used for taxi parking and parking for some restaurant nearby. That was supposed to be an underpass or flyover. It has been more than 5 years in the making.
Unusual apathy and buck-passing in this specific case. Latest plan seems to be an overpass.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bangalo...w/88172749.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ia-2511293.amp
Old 13th November 2022, 10:21   #20454
Senior - BHPian

Not a rant inside Bangalore roads, but one on the expressway to Mysore. Driving towards Bangalore, I saw many fruit vendors and others who have jumped across the railings and have set up shops on the left most lanes. And many cars just suddenly decide to sway left and halt and thereby taking away one good lane.

I fear, unless controlled and regulated now, this will soon turn again to a 150 km stretch of food malls.
jkrishnakj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:25   #20455
BHPian

I was in RMZ galleria, Yellahanka yesterday afternoon evening. The way to the mall, around 4pm was surprisingly empty (from kannur side) but the return was completely opposite. I am left wondering how many busses ply that route from Airport road towards Kannur/hennur side? I was trailing behind 6 buses going in a parade :(
Old 14th November 2022, 14:26   #20456
BHPian

Read about the Panathur debacle again today in Times of India today. For once I read the whole article but no solution absolutely visible in the near future. Road widening is stuck due to land acquisition. No alternative road planned for the infamous "S" curve. Funds allotted but its stuck in all places where a solution is possible.
So for how many years do the residents of that area have to suffer ??
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 15:37   #20457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Road widening is stuck due to land acquisition. No alternative road planned for the infamous "S" curve. Funds allotted but its stuck in all places where a solution is possible.
Wasn't there an alternate road planned a few hundred metres north of this one? Crossing the railway line at the other end of Bellandur station?

But all the roads leading from this general area to Sarjapur-Varthur road go through some narrow stretches with built-up areas on both sides.
Old 14th November 2022, 17:18   #20458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Wasn't there an alternate road planned a few hundred metres north of this one? Crossing the railway line at the other end of Bellandur station?

But all the roads leading from this general area to Sarjapur-Varthur road go through some narrow stretches with built-up areas on both sides.
It has been constructed from the New Horizon College side but it remains unfinished and probably caught in the mire of land acquisition.
Old 14th November 2022, 17:45   #20459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Yeah there is the road that goes via active arena but that makes more sense for people who go towards Varthur than sarjapur. However that road is extremely prone to flooding and since the entry to it is from the ORR service road, which is one way, it doesn't make sense for panathur residents to first cross the Kadubeesanalli bridge and go all the way till Marathalli to take an u turn and then enter this road. They need to build a proper parallel road to ORR service road which is either 2 way or atleast oneway in the opposite direction.
Old 14th November 2022, 18:25   #20460
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Read about the Panathur debacle again today in Times of India today. For once I read the whole article but no solution absolutely visible in the near future. Road widening is stuck due to land acquisition. No alternative road planned for the infamous "S" curve. Funds allotted but its stuck in all places where a solution is possible.
So for how many years do the residents of that area have to suffer ??
The residents of these areas are the real pioneers. They have to go live there and then just maybe the infrastructure catches up a decade or two later. And all the while they have to pay their taxes too. Just Fine and Dandy isn’t it? And still one fine day some descendant of the fellow who sold the land can come along and plonk his worthy self in your living room, put his feet up on your ottoman and calmly claim rightful ownership of the earth beneath the car park beneath the floor beneath your easy chair.

Most Viewed