Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 14:51   #19741
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Fun fact: there's Metro work at that interchange spot (I use it regularly), and it'll get significantly narrower as work progresses. If it now has to act as the defacto expressway-service road interchange for city-bound traffic, welcome to another circle of hell.
Agree. Expect substantially increased congestion at Allasandra/ Yelahanka, Jakkur, Amruthahalli & Kodigehalli too.

One blessing is that Vidyashilp Academy has relocated to their new campus. Had they been there, that exit after the railway bridge would have been mayhem.

I had the privilege of crossing Hebbal to City around 1100. While the main carriageway looked more congested than usual, the service road & loop was working reasonably well.

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th July 2022 at 14:52.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 09:29   #19742
Senior - BHPian

One of the expansion joints on the Jalahalli ROB on the BEL circle to Gorguntepalaya side lane is completely broken, to the extent that we can see the rail/road below. There was a pileup owing to this today morning, as one lane on the already narrow bridge is now completely not usable at that point. Wonder what will happen if a wide truck has to cross that point!

It is only a matter of time that ROB will get closed for repairs for a substantial amount of time.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th July 2022 at 11:11. Reason: spacing for improved readability
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:26   #19743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
One of the expansion joints on the Jalahalli ROB on the BEL circle to Gorguntepalaya side lane is completely broken, to the extent that we can see the rail/road below. There was a pileup owing to this today morning, as one lane on the already narrow bridge is now completely not usable at that point. Wonder what will happen if a wide truck has to cross that point!
It is only a matter of time that ROB will get closed for repairs for a substantial amount of time.
This was one of those engineering marvels where there was a pot hole, with exposed rebars before they patched it up a couple of years back.
Old 8th July 2022, 12:48   #19744
Senior - BHPian

While it is an undeniable bottle-neck at the top of the hebbal flyover (hardly two lanes), I have noticed that the average speed of the traffic at this bottle-neck (which determines the pace of ensuing traffic) is a mind numbing crawl. The main reason is the criss crossing of vehicles entering from the loop effectively making it stop and go and not a flow.

I wonder if the loop entry (at the top) shouldn't be managed with a signal (better still, manned) so that at anytime one lane has smooth flow sans disruption with hopefully the average speed of traffic at the bottleneck faster than before
Old 11th July 2022, 11:26   #19745
BHPian

Committed a cardinal sin of going to Phoenix Market City yesterday at 4pm. The jam

Took nearly an hour to cover the last 2kms. And to top it all, couldn't find any decent training shoes either in Nike, Adidas or Puma.

The saving grace: Pastries from Magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
...Airtel users in Bangalore, are you experiencing lower than usual network speeds ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
... frequent call drops/poor reception as well, especially when I am at home...
On the other hand, the Airtel fiber connection at home has been pretty reliable so far.
Ditto. Even the fiber at home has been spotty off late.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th July 2022 at 11:10. Reason: spacing for improved readability
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 12:28   #19746
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Koramangala is being dug up again. Everyone thought the worst was over and that they had solved the drainage problems. But No. The authorities are at it again.

I wonder why, with such excellent engineering talent to be had, the BBMP and BWSSB and BESCOM and all, cant work together and help find a permanent fix for all these woes.

And of course the Seva Sadan to Ejipura flyover remains unfinished with weeds growing everywhere and bo resolution in sight.

Bangalore is a victim of absolute apathy. Shocking when considering the taxes that citizens pay.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th July 2022 at 11:11. Reason: spacing for improved readability
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:53   #19747
BHPian

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-n...513-2022-07-12

Looks like ECity Flyover.
Old 14th July 2022, 21:27   #19748
BHPian

Visited Ikea today morning (around 10am) with a friend. Traffic from Yeshwantpur to Parle Toll & subsequent u-turn to Ikea was "relatively" peaceful. Even on the return around lunch time, it was very light except for a 5 min wait at 8th mile junction.

I was hoping for bad traffic everywhere, but I was surprised with easy moving traffic all along. May be because I was not driving, but it indeed was light. One possible reason could be the weather - drizzling since morning / rain forecast.
Old 20th July 2022, 08:53   #19749
BHPian

i am planning to visit IKEA starting from whitefield and could find the below route avoiding tumkuru highway . This will reach the road after IKEA and you need to turn left to reach IKEA. Has anyone tried this route and is aware of the road condition?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ikea.jpg

I see that there is always huge traffic at NH75 after BEL circle and hence donot want to take this route.
Is it worthy to take Hebbal -Mekhri circle-CV raman road and then merge to tumkuru road?
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:58   #19750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
i am planning to visit IKEA starting from whitefield and could find the below route avoiding tumkuru highway . This will reach the road after IKEA and you need to turn left to reach IKEA. Has anyone tried this route and is aware of the road condition?

Attachment 2336303

I see that there is always huge traffic at NH75 after BEL circle and hence donot want to take this route.
Is it worthy to take Hebbal -Mekhri circle-CV raman road and then merge to tumkuru road?
You can go to Gorguntepalya and depending on time of day, except for that junction, it will be easy using the elevated road.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:02   #19751
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I see that there is always huge traffic at NH75 after BEL circle...
Option to avoid the BEL-Gorguntepalya ROB stretch.

Take a right from BEL circle to get into HMT township, proceed on HMT main road towards pipeline road and come out next to Peenya metro station (Tumkur road city-bound). U turn at the signal (might take a few mins) and get onto elevated section.

P.S. Avoid trying this in morning/evening rush hour. Pipeline/HMT road junction can be a bottleneck at those times.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20220720110438.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th July 2022 at 11:08.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:54   #19752
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2336303

Don't take this inner road that GMaps is suggesting. Trust me, taking the main road to go to IKEA will work out better. I know because I stay close by.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:55   #19753
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2336303
?
I had the misfortune of taking this road to avoid GGpalya. It took me almost 50 mins from the BEL circle and numerous speed breakers, broken roads, narrow roads, hill roads and what not Its a classic case of rock and the hard place. What I can suggest is to hit GGpalya from Yeshwantpura side via Hebbal and Mekhri circle or via MS Rammaiah side.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 14:28   #19754
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2336303

If you are only going for window shopping, you can try metro from Byappanhalli Station. It takes 50 mins and involves 1 change at Majestic, and wont have any parking headaches as well. The store is located right next to Metro station
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 19:31   #19755
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried this route and is aware of the road condition?
Took that route last wek on a weekday afternoon, this is via the peenya ksrtc bus station. The route is good for bikes, if on four wheels - as others have indicated, it is better to take the tumakur road.

Last edited by whitewing : 20th July 2022 at 19:32.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks