Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 18:24   #19546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Neither could people heading to KR Puram move nor those coming from Hoodi move forward simply because too many cars were waiting for their U turn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
New system will create chaos for sure near bhoruka teck park and Brigade metropolis.
You might like to share your feedback with Bangalore Traffic Police (specifically K R Puram Traffic Police) through their social media accounts. It might help them make a decision when the trial period for this traffic arrangement gets over.
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:12   #19547
BHPian

Note that the down ramp of the to E-City phase 2 is closed due to maintenance, better to take the Phase 1 exit rather than the Hosur road exit. Will save you a few minutes.

I didn't see any signage on the closure of the toll gate until I came to the barricaded exit. By that time the only option was to take the Hosur road exit, and it added a few additional minutes and the endure honking and lane jumping. Been some time since I had to see peak hour traffic, will need some acclimatization time :-)
whitewing is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:09   #19548
BHPian

I was heading towards Kundalahalli gate today on Old Airport Road around 11am in my 2-wheeler.

Some underpass construction in Marathahalli flyover meant that one carriageway was blocked and both side traffic was diverted to the Marathahalli bound carriageway. Traffic was slow and crawling. I wanted to take a U-turn and return, which was allowed by a traffic cop.

People heading that way should buffer an additional 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2022 at 12:03. Reason: spacing for improved readability
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:22   #19549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I was heading towards Kundalahalli gate today on Old Airport Road around 11am in my 2-wheeler.

Some underpass construction in Marathahalli flyover meant that one carriageway was blocked and both side traffic was diverted to the Marathahalli bound carriageway. Traffic was slow and crawling. I wanted to take a U-turn and return, which was allowed by a traffic cop.

People heading that way should buffer an additional 10-15 minutes.
This has been the situation for more than a month now. The left side of the flyover has been closed and traffic is diverted onto the right lane (while going towards Kundanhalli). The diversion is barely for 100 mts and then you get back to the left lane.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2022 at 12:03. Reason: formatting quoted post
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 07:37   #19550
BHPian

Sampige road undergoing the infamous white topping. From the appearances it looks like large stretches are completed and only the intersections needs to be whitetopped.

Due to it being a Saturday morning, traffic was low - weekdays would be pretty chaotic for sure.
Don't recollect reading about this and surprised no one has ranted about this yet :-), I suppose even long timers have started using maps while driving in the city.
Old 17th April 2022, 09:35   #19551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This has been the situation for more than a month now. The left side of the flyover has been closed and traffic is diverted onto the right lane (while going towards Kundanhalli). The diversion is barely for 100 mts and then you get back to the left lane.
I guess they are rebuilding that bridge side by side. Not sure if this is because of construction issue or they are widening the span to accommodate the doubling of railway line underneath. But this is going to create chaos for the next few weeks at least. Hope they complete it as soon as possible without some stupid reason for delays.
Old 17th April 2022, 12:31   #19552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I guess they are rebuilding that bridge side by side. Not sure if this is because of construction issue or they are widening the span to accommodate the doubling of railway line underneath. But this is going to create chaos for the next few weeks at least. Hope they complete it as soon as possible without some stupid reason for delays.
They are actually trying to put in a magic box under pass below the flyover span. It is apparently for the benefit of all the residents in the munnekola side ( area in between the railway line and ORR towards bellandur). Today anyone coming from that side needing to go towards Whitefield has to go towards Marathahalli for about 1-1.5 km to take a U turn near the Marathahalli market area. Similarly folks coming from Marathahalli side need to cross the overbridge, take a U turn, cross back and then take a sharp U to get into this Munnekola road. With this under pass, people can cross towards both sides without this long detour which would save 20-30 min or more in peak times.

While the idea is good, the execution seems to be one of those pre cast magic box types that can quickly be put in place. Need to see how it pans out.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 08:09   #19553
BHPian

Beware
2 speed-breakers on HOSUR ROAD NEAR NARAYANA HRUDAYALAYA on the side going towards Hosur (down-slope).
Old 18th April 2022, 08:26   #19554
BHPian

Quote:
I for sure know this started between the weeks of 13th March and 20th since there was no such blockage on 13th. The board mentions 60 days but obviously that's quite ambitious ( I think Kundanhalli underpass was to be done by end of March) . I travel to Whitefield on alternate days from HSR and found out a nice alternate behind the Rainbow Children's hospital to avoid this madness.

Fortunately the blockage is only about a 100m which does not allow the usual tempos, autos etc to cause a head on jam with the oncoming traffic.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2022 at 12:03. Reason: minor spacing
Old 18th April 2022, 08:27   #19555
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Sampige road undergoing the infamous white topping. From the appearances it looks like large stretches are completed and only the intersections needs to be whitetopped.
Two weeks ago, made an impromptu early morning visit to Malleswaram on a Sunday morning and first saw the impact of this just after Mantri mall, so had to turn left towards Srirampuram, then when heading back towards Sampige road via Malleswaram circle, we were caught in the maze of cross road which are one ways (alternatively), so finally made our way out and parked the car in an alley near Link road and walked around. All this jugaad for breakfast at CTR

From the looks of it, I guess this will take a month at least before being opened up to traffic.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20220402wa0013.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20220402wa0014.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 18th April 2022 at 08:33.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 09:42   #19556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Beware
2 speed-breakers on HOSUR ROAD NEAR NARAYANA HRUDAYALAYA on the side going towards Hosur (down-slope).
Not just this, the ones towards Bangalore - Starting from the RTO check-post ones are dangerous I feel.

Yesterday they had closed the main carriageway and was diverting traffic through the service road/ RTO check-post entry side to paint the speed breakers there. The ideocracy of doing that on a long weekend.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 15:53   #19557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Beware
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not just this, the ones towards Bangalore - Starting from the RTO check-post ones are dangerous I feel...
There are many such speedbreakers without any conspicuous markings - those used to driving at highway speeds until Attibele will definitely be taken by surprise. I saw two rear-endings that had happened just a few minutes before I passed the stretch on 15th, Friday. Being a Friday, traffic towards Bangalore was sparse in the late evening, so speeds were probably higher.

I was keeping an eye on the traffic ahead, so I was spared of the horror of panic braking and potential rear-ending, apart from the cold-stares of the others.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 16:22   #19558
BHPian

So today morning I faced the full brunt of all that was feared once traffic returns on the Sarjapur Marathalli ORR. It was a total jam starting from Sarjapura Jnc all the way till the Panathur underpass .

The drive was somewhat pleasant uptill this week's Monday. The bus lane now is irrelevant with bollards at most places removed. But there were a few breakdowns (2 trucks, 1 cab and 1 BBMP Tata Sumo) which I (very hopefully) believe was the root cause for the jam and this is not a regular occurrence atleast up until hybrid mode is still on

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2022 at 12:04. Reason: minor spacing
Old 25th April 2022, 10:18   #19559
Senior - BHPian

Fake number plates posing a challenge (report in The Hindu)

Quote:
Excerpts:

Motorists being pulled up for traffic violations they claim they did not commit are increasingly becoming more common. Senior traffic police officials at the TMC acknowledged the problem. “We received as many as 150 such complaints in the last one month alone,” said a police officer, adding that it is a matter of serious concern. “Fake registration number plates are not only posing a challenge to the traffic police but are also being used to commit anti-social activities,” the officer said.

Most of the cases are related to two-wheelers. For instance, in one case, the cameras showed a white scooter using the registration number of a motorcycle. “It appears that vehicle registration numbers have been used by some other bike owners who are then blatantly violating the traffic rules,” said a police officer.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 08:16   #19560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Coupled with this:
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...e-1103622.html

Vehicles proven to have duplicate or false plates should be siezed forthwith and the DL of the offending party suspended. Nothing works in India except solid punitive action.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks