Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 21:40   #21271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

HYD ORR is 8-lane tolled road equivalent to BLR NICE road, with barren land throughout the stretch. The comparison with BLR ORR ends only with the name.
Since it is cordoned off, no population exists in HYD ORR. But, BLR ORR is inside the city, within BBMP limits completely commercialized with malls, apartments, office spaces, hospitals, roadside eateries, jaywalkers, and now metro construction.

Normal HYD traffic in the IT corridor is bad, say 5 Km takes 30~35 minutes during peak hours (one end of HITEC city road to the other end). Traffic during peak hours between Kalamandir & Ecospace in BLR is typically bad. This is around 5 Km and on a normal day, I would say the time to traverse this distance would be 20 to 25 minutes.

PS: Average one-way commute time across the globe is around 1 hour. It has gotten bad everywhere. Except for the lucky ones who stay at a walkable distance from their workplace.

Last edited by msdivy : 4th October 2023 at 21:42.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 07:32   #21272
BHPian

This was posted in Hosur local telegram group. Looks like there will be traffic pile up after Attibele border. Use Sarjapur/ Bagalur road to bypass the Attibele border route.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20231005_072852_telegram.jpg
sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 08:06   #21273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
This was posted in Hosur local telegram group. Looks like there will be traffic pile up after Attibele border. Use Sarjapur/ Bagalur road to bypass the Attibele border route.
As far as I know there is a clover leaf coming up just before Attibele also which basically is an interchange to NH844. Hope fully the clover leaf should not effect the traffic flow on the main Hosur road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 08:19   #21274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As far as I know there is a clover leaf coming up just before Attibele also which basically is an interchange to NH844. Hope fully the clover leaf should not effect the traffic flow on the main Hosur road.
The planned flyover construction by NHAI is at the Maharishi school junction, comes after the Zuzuwadi checkpost. That junction is already choking due to traffic heading to school and Sipcot. This flyover will be helpful ,but will cause traffic pile up till it's completed.
Old 5th October 2023, 08:25   #21275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The planned flyover construction by NHAI is at the Maharishi school junction, comes after the Zuzuwadi checkpost. That junction is already choking due to traffic heading to school and Sipcot. This flyover will be helpful ,but will cause traffic pile up till it's completed.
I think choke is at the exact RTO point and never been at Zuzuvadi/SIPCOT junction (This is my view. Please correct if otherwise). And this is because of the RTO only. I am not sure how a flyover will help. If they can plan the RTO inspection/stoppage in a better way; the traffic should improve.
Old 5th October 2023, 08:43   #21276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The planned flyover construction by NHAI is at the Maharishi school junction, comes after the Zuzuwadi checkpost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think choke is at the exact RTO point and never been at Zuzuvadi/SIPCOT junction
I think there are two junctions, when going from Bangalore towards Krishnagiri the first is the Sipcot one (Maharishi school?) and the second is the Hosur ring road (last petrol pump in TN at the corner; they used to advertise the fact when fuel in TN was cheaper than KA)? Unless a flyover spans both these will it help at all? Even then, trucks that require RTO attention must be forced to go at surface level and ample parking for them must be provided?

Right now both carriageways are half-encroached by parked trucks making clearing this section very painful. Especially when coming to Bangalore - there is always a red zone in Google Maps with +5 mins to +30 mins depending on the time of day but all 24 hours.
Old 5th October 2023, 08:56   #21277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko
The planned flyover construction by NHAI is at the Maharishi school junction, comes after the Zuzuwadi checkpost. That junction is already choking due to traffic heading to school and Sipcot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
I think choke is at the exact RTO point and never been at Zuzuvadi/SIPCOT junction (This is my view. Please correct if otherwise). And this is because of the RTO only.
I agree with @ampere. The trouble maker is the RTO check post, more than the junction which comes after that (when going towards Hosur). Slow moving trucks criss cross across the lanes. If this bridge allows other vehicles to go over the RTO checkpost and the junction, it would be beneficial. Trucks should be asked to pull to the lanes on the left of the bridge.

Generally, I have observed highway construction in TN is reasonably fast. So hope this fly over too gets built quickly. BTW, the TVS check post road has also been freshly tarred. And this can be used to byepass the infamous Attibele toll.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:04   #21278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
BTW, the TVS check post road has also been freshly tarred. And this can be used to byepass the infamous Attibele toll.
Its tricky. Going below the Hosur Road at Attibele and crossing below towards Anekal/TVS side is sometimes a choke.

Early mornings sometimes is OK. But at 0700/0800 hrs its a huge jam even below the Attibele flyover.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 18:52   #21279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Even with the Metro in place, last-mile connectivity via focused feeder services by BMTC/shuttle vans, autos/taxis, even share autos like seen elsewhere.
Rightly said, I think we should look at introducing share autos (Autos/Tata Maximo) in Bangalore, this would solve the last-mile connectivity problems at both ends and also the non-existent parking woes at metro stations.

When I lived in Chennai few years back, I could travel almost anywhere in the city just by using sub-urban trains and share autos. When it is successfully running in cities like Chennai, why can't we replicate the same here?
Old 5th October 2023, 20:55   #21280
BHPian

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx-lJjbp..._web_copy_link

Thoughts? I feel like it's not gonna make much of a difference! But I don't think this is confirmed or approved as of now!
Old 5th October 2023, 21:23   #21281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.19_exe View Post
But I don't think this is confirmed or approved as of now!
On the contrary, saw that they are about to invite tenders for this.

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...ys-dks-2714361
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 21:26   #21282
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the time Metro took, this will take 3x the time to complete!

But I'm curious to see what they do about this and how much time it takes!
Old 5th October 2023, 23:29   #21283
BHPian

Instead of more roads (underground, on ground, overground) we need more public transport infrastructure. In due time, even the tunnels will be choke full of vehicles!

It is totally possible in Bangalore but will need government investment. If only we can focus on:
  1. Fastrack and build more metro, light metro/tram and bus network
  2. Build a robust multi-modal last mile connectivity through feeder system, shared transport and better walking infrastructure
  3. Make city friendly for lightweight personal mobility like e-cycles, cycles, small e-scooters
  4. Actively regulating “flow rate” of roads
  5. Removing bottlenecks on roads

None of this is tough in the land of tech and startups. Brilliant minds will stand in queue if only the government gives too hoots about solving the actual problem.

Important Disclaimer: I am not just referring to the current government and this post has zero political flavour. I refer to all the governments that have actively contributed to this mindless accelerated growth, aptly called cancer in medical parlance, without sufficient foresight. Especially when it comes to Bangalore’s traffic situation.
krishnakumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 08:06   #21284
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...ys-dks-2714361
I dread flooding of tunnel roads during monsoon season. Remember Cauvery theater underpass?
Old 6th October 2023, 08:13   #21285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I dread flooding of tunnel roads during monsoon season. Remember Cauvery theater underpass?
That's seasonal. The combo of traffic jam + exhausts of hundreds of vehicles + non a/c (open-window) buses is year-round.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks