Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2023, 08:36   #21391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVICE View Post
North Bangalore folks, did you notice the impact of opening of the Phoenix mall of Asia adjacent to the L&T Raintree Boulevard. Man , the Byatarayanapura Amruthahalli belt has gotten chaotic - almost like a video game from all sides. Thick red this evening getting back to Jakkur.
I stay a km off this place but on the other side of the highway- Amruthahalli. With the mall open now, I expect the Byatarayanapura junction to get heavily clogged coming days till the metro work is over at least. Luckily for me, I have multiple exit routes from my apartment to avoid this side via Dasarahalli.

If your destination is eastern side of Jakkur and if there is congestion on Bytarayanapura- GKVK stretch , You could take a U turn at Kodigehalli, take the Dasarahalli- Rachenahalli - Jakkur 18th cross route to avoid that. Longer but less prone to jams.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 10:30   #21392
Senior - BHPian

Off-Topic

Leopard sighted in Brookefield (report in moneycontrol)

Quote:
As per reports, the leopard was caught on a CCTV camera while wandering near the AECS Layout of Brookefield. Locals told the police that the wild cat was seen in A block of AECS Layout
Old 29th October 2023, 12:08   #21393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVICE View Post
I really don't know where we are headed, this part of Bangalore was saner now falling rapidly into the pit.

I reside at Jakkur and have to drop my kid for her dance classes at Sahakarnagar (close to BWSSB facility) few times a week. I started taking the straight forward kodigehalli route last year, that was getting messier due to auto stand, folks coming wrong side and long signal wait times. Moved to the longer route via the turn to service road at Byatarayanapura junction since last few months, of late it is getting to near impossible to take a sane turn. Water lorries, newly opened Darshini customers vehicles parked adhoc and now the great mall, free for all.
Was really free for all yesterday. Nobody was following traffic signals out of frustration and there were at least 10 cops at the junction who were equally confused and didn't know how to manage the traffic. This side has already been drastically affected by metro work and off-late for some reason the traffic signals turn green for 30 seconds and then red for 180 seconds leading to huge pile-ups
db01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:29   #21394
BHPian

The MallOfAsia induced traffic chaos between Hebbal and Yelahanka, represents our systems so well. Staying in the vicinity of the mall, this was something that we were dreading for quite sometime and it eventually manifested just as anticipated.
On either side of the road, there are atleast 5 hospitals - 3 of which could be considered speciality hospitals - that were so far well served by being on the main road. I earnestly hope that the chaos doesn't adversely impact any critical movement to the hospitals. The masses can only lament the lack of a systematic approach, vent out our frustrations and get used to the new norm. Sad but true.
Haque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:50   #21395

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
If your destination is eastern side of Jakkur and if there is congestion on Bytarayanapura- GKVK stretch , You could take a U turn at Kodigehalli, take the Dasarahalli- Rachenahalli - Jakkur 18th cross route to avoid that. Longer but less prone to jams.
Thanks, agree this would be a helpful alternative to get to Jakkur.
Old 29th October 2023, 20:43   #21396

I was also stuck due to this jam, took 30 mins to reach Byatarayanapura signal from Kodigehalli. Jakkur-amruthahally residents can better take Amruthahally lake road by taking U turn in Kodigehalli signal. People going towards Yelahanka new town could take the link road from sahakarnagar to MS Palya avoiding Mall of Asia congestion zone.
hex_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 06:13   #21397
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic chaos erupts at Phoenix Mall opening on Ballari Road

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...i-road-2749027

Terrible congestion over the weekend!

I also fear there will be significant impact on the elevated expressway portion (and the Yelahanka turnoff after the railway overbridge), as more and more people try to escape the congestion underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_8631.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st October 2023 at 06:24.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 09:39   #21398
BHPian

Mowing down road users is not criminal

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c.../104866370.cms

Here goes a holiday rant, on the good day of Karnataka Rajyostava -

Pardon my language, but what nonsense is this? The quoted person, apparently head of the RTC union, is suggesting since there is pressure on BMTC drivers to meet targets and poor conditions of buses is a good enough reason to justify the recent spate of fatal accidents.

I do understand pressures to perform, but isn't that something all road users are suffering from? Bad traffic, work pressure etc is all true even for tipper tankers, cabs, TTs, autos, 4 wheelers, 2 wheelers the lot.

On one hand there is the stupid ban of car pooling apps (which apparently make cabs and autos useless, even though we all know the struggles of finding one) and on the other, BMTC union justifies traffic and bad roads for such deplorable instances.
Have a weird hunch that the government will use this as a reason and immediately implement the congestion tax and the god foresaken bus lanes.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st November 2023 at 09:50. Reason: Toning down slightly.
Old 2nd November 2023, 14:02   #21399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Standstill traffic on Mysore road due to All Souls Day function in the Christian burial ground near Gopalan mall - Sirsi Circle. The whole BGS flyover was jammed from the entry near townhall till Mysore road exit.
It is All Souls Day today. I was passing the Christian burial ground today while driving towards Town hall from RR Nagar. I could see a row of vendors already displaying their wares on Mysore road, getting ready for the evening footfall.

I expect the entire BGS flyover to be jammed from its entry to exit in the evening due to people going in an out of the Christian burial ground near Gopalan mall - Sirsi Circle. Better to start early or find an alternate route.

Same situation last year on the same day.
Old 9th November 2023, 17:15   #21400
BHPian

The KRPuram underpass that connects to ITPL Main Road (near Whitefield Honda), has been barricaded for 4-wheelers; allowing only exit onto ITPL Main Road and preventing entry from ITPL Main Road to KRPuram.

While I agree that the underpass Entry and Exit was causing bottleneck on the ITPL main road, blocking Entry from ITPL main road is counter-productive and negates the need of the underpass!
Old 9th November 2023, 17:57   #21401
BHPian

Surprised that there have been no rants on the flooding due to the rains the past few days.
I suppose we all have learnt to accept the inevitable swimming with equanimity :-)

Some of my colleagues got stuck traveling from E-city to Hebbal via the NICE & ORR... took them 3hrs to reach home!
Old 9th November 2023, 18:24   #21402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
The KRPuram underpass that connects to ITPL Main Road (near Whitefield Honda), has been barricaded for 4-wheelers; allowing only exit onto ITPL Main Road and preventing entry from ITPL Main Road to KRPuram.

While I agree that the underpass Entry and Exit was causing bottleneck on the ITPL main road, blocking Entry from ITPL main road is counter-productive and negates the need of the underpass!
Maybe they should allow exit onto ITPL Main road during the morning hours (8am to 11am), and exit onto the KRPuran during the evening hours (4pm to 7pm). That should make the underpass useful, atleast for a majority of the users.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 01:18   #21403
BHPian

In the last many months, there is a disturbing trend going on. Bikers brushing against cars/scraping/knocking/mild-banging stationary cars and just riding on as if nothing happened - no turning around to see what happened, no apologies nothing. They don't acknowledge that they bumped into the car and it was their mistake.

Worse they know that most cars are surrounded by 4-5 bikes and it's impossible for the car driver to ascertain which of the bikes bumped into the car, so they all pass the car as if no one did anything.

To err is one thing but to stoop to not even apologizing shows how the ethics have changed in the post covid era.

In a recent such incident, a biker brushed against the car ( door and mirror ) and went ahead without even stopping/acknowledging. I yelled out an expletive hoping that will hurt his ego, but no. He just rode away without even engaging!

Disgusting.
airguitar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 09:34   #21404
BHPian

Another weird occurrence regarding the 2 wheelers (especially ones without helmet, no number plate or headlight) I have seen is coming the wrong side and in case they are blocking oncoming traffic, rather than join back into the correct side, they try and utilize the footpath (if available) on the oncoming side, happily honking away at poor pedestrians with zero empathy.
Poor traffic cops are busy having screaming matches with heavy vehicles, cabs and autos parked on road sides so that some traffic may move and don't seem to have enough man power to handle this.
On a separate note, is anybody aware at what happened on 27th Main in HSR layout a couple of days back? The entire road side parking, was cordoned off and there was a traffic cop at every 100 feet or so to make sure no vehicle stops at any of the stores there. This was around 4pm. Manpower was definitely not a problem then.Suspect there would be some minister's entourage passing through or wanted to do Diwali shopping there. Cops are rarely so strict otherwise.
Old 10th November 2023, 10:37   #21405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Surprised that there have been no rants on the flooding due to the rains the past few days.
I suppose we all have learnt to accept the inevitable swimming with equanimity :-)

Some of my colleagues got stuck traveling from E-city to Hebbal via the NICE & ORR... took them 3hrs to reach home!
It is a sad state of affairs. Even a 30 min shower is resulting in waterlogging. In my office and general circle, people are almost scared to come to office if there is rain overnight or even rain forecasted. Most people have had that scary experience of being stuck at least one time for multiple hours due to rains.

Also, earlier we would hear of water logging only the ORR-Ecospace-Varthur-Sarjapur Road belt. In the recent rains, hearing of major water logging even with small rains in other parts of Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks