Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 15:13   #21361
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

There are other factors which is contributing to traffic issues in Bengaluru.

1. Multiple BMTC buses plying on the road with no specific interval
2. Bad roads and deep pot holes just near a traffic junction
3. Road side parking (Cars and Bikes), even in some of the narrow roads
4. BMTC bus stopping wherever they want
5. No lane discipline
6. Heroism on road, not letting some one pass instead blocking the road
7. Now a days I see a huge line of CNG yellow board cars lined up for fueling leading to traffic jam. Just casually glance through the traffic situations around CNG stations in Bengaluru in the morning and evening hours
8. Rain water clogging
9. Bad traffic management around all IT areas like Whitefield, Sarjapura, E-City etc

I was one of those IT employees who used to commute by car to office from Mysore Road to Bannerghatta Road but I realized do I really need to drive a car all alone? Add frustration driving a car in such bad traffic, I used to enter the office with a lot of frustration. I switched to a bike and life is much better.
rvd8732 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 15:38   #21362
Senior - BHPian

*Travel advice*. - there was a major fire in a hotel/pub at Tavarekere Jn between Madivala Checkpost and Diary Circle Jn. The fire seems to be put down, but there is a huge traffic jam there. Please check Google Maps if you plan to drive via that road.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 20:53   #21363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post
There is a saying which goes like :-
"Pain is inevitable: suffering is optional"

I believe that we cannot escape the traffic pains of Bangalore anytime soon however we can mitigate the suffering to a large extent. Some productive ways to utilise time stuck in traffic :-
1. Listen to that podcast which you had always been postponing because of its 1hr duration.
2. Enjoy a good playlist. Apple music has got some kickass "stuck in traffic" and "beating monday blues" playlists.
Extremely damaging to the ears in the mid/long run. Especially when we spend hours on headphones on office calls already.
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:23   #21364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
This was posted in Hosur local telegram group. Looks like there will be traffic pile up after Attibele border. Use Sarjapur/ Bagalur road to bypass the Attibele border route.
Attachment 2512599
Alert - this construction has started and it seems it's taking an hour to cross from Attibele toll gate to Maharishi school junction. Please use alternate roads to cross the border.
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:24   #21365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Alert - this construction has started and it seems it's taking an hour to cross from Attibele toll gate to Maharishi school junction.
I got caught in this pile-up when returning from Kochi on 17/10. It did take nearly 45 minutes to clear this section (between 11 am and 12 noon). Not what you want at the fag end of a 500+ km drive.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 11:05   #21366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Extremely damaging to the ears in the mid/long run. Especially when we spend hours on headphones on office calls already.
I don't think it's damaging if you hear it at normal volume through good car speakers. I have been listening to podcasts for nearly 20 years (used to burn mp3 to CD), I keep the volume to the lowest level, where I can still understand and my hearing is perfectly fine so far.

It is the best way to keep your frustration down and drive calm in Bangalore traffic. There is something about the brain structure, which makes this work well. At the conscious level you are engaged with the podcast and the subconscious level takes over the driving and mostly has a better temperament.

That is why vast majority of podcast listening happens while driving, next is while doing household chores, where it works similarly.

Last edited by wocanak : 20th October 2023 at 11:10.
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 11:55   #21367
Distinguished - BHPian

Surreal really. From tunnels to skydeck!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../104510940.cms
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 15:15   #21368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Surreal really. From tunnels to skydeck!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../104510940.cms
Yeah, what we really need is a bird's eye view of how the city is being ruined.

P.S. Credit for originality, at least.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 15:25   #21369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Yeah, what we really need is a bird's eye view of how the city is being ruined.

P.S. Credit for originality, at least.
Or for real time check of the traffic/waterlogging situation before we step out. A deck with a few binoculars along the edges should do.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 17:29   #21370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I got caught in this pile-up when returning from Kochi on 17/10. It did take nearly 45 minutes to clear this section (between 11 am and 12 noon). Not what you want at the fag end of a 500+ km drive.
Is there an alternate route to avoid this pain? When I drove to Rasipuram from Hyderabad last year, this section was a breeze, moreso due to rain and absence of 2-wheelers.
Old 20th October 2023, 18:09   #21371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Is there an alternate route to avoid this pain? When I drove to Rasipuram from Hyderabad last year, this section was a breeze, moreso due to rain and absence of 2-wheelers.
My friend just returned from Salem, there is no jam as such, but there will be slow moving traffic which is being managed well.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 11:34   #21372
Distinguished - BHPian

News reports say that the flyover at Silk Board Junction is partially closed for 4 months starting today. I wont be surprised if this is extended to a full block in sometime. Looks like it's going to be a an extended commute for folks passing thru this place - over and above the long waits at the signals and the heavy traffic that we are already seeing there.

Last edited by condor : 21st October 2023 at 11:36.
Old 21st October 2023, 11:41   #21373
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru's Silk Board flyover to be partially barricaded due to metro work
In an official note on Friday, the BMRCL said that 2.5 metres on both sides of the main carriageway of the flyover's up and down ramp near Madiwala will be barricaded for four months, starting Saturday.

My trips to office is now messed up big time. During morning peak hours the usual delays are in the range of 7-12 minutes (from the Silk Board fly over up ramp towards the city, till crossing Madiwala PS).
Old 21st October 2023, 13:32   #21374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
News reports say that the flyover at Silk Board Junction is partially closed for 4 months starting today. I wont be surprised if this is extended to a full block in sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Bengaluru's Silk Board flyover to be partially barricaded due to metro work
In an official note on Friday, the BMRCL said that 2.5 metres on both sides of the main carriageway of the flyover's up and down ramp near Madiwala will be barricaded for four months, starting Saturday. PS).
They are roughly taking up one lane on either side and its for the flyover segment that will come up over the road. Full block isnt needed since the beams are all precast and will be placed by crane and then the bedding work also wont need space below it to be barricaded.
Old 21st October 2023, 14:31   #21375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They are roughly taking up one lane on either side and its for the flyover segment that will come up over the road.
One lane block is enough to cause a backup there, and this will cause spill over to the road below. The crowding will be more on the city bound side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks