Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2023, 19:22   #21301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Will our splendiferous Koramangala Stonehenge ever get knocked down and/ or built? Or can the Lords at least give us back the road that they took away?
And will they ever block off both sides of that beautiful upside down pair of U Turns / Right Turns near the Shell Petrol Pump near Agara lake? That’s a real menace. Because there is a Public Toilet or something on the other side and when a bus takes an U Turn it is very hard because he has to reverse and do a three pointer and no one has the patience to allow it.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 07:20   #21302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Will our splendiferous Koramangala Stonehenge ever get knocked down and/ or built? Or can the Lords at least give us back the road that they took away?
I'm told that the Koramangala-Ejipura flyover went under litigation by "woke" citizens and hence work stopped. Sometime along, the erstwhile contractor (Simplex?) also went bust.

Whatever be the reason, I believe now no new contractor will want to resume it from where it's left off, bcoz that'd mean they take responsibility of the (integrity of the) pillar foundations too, which no new contractor will do as they didn't build it (so they can't be sure how well it's built (the piles, foundations, pillar, etc)).

So Stonehenge is there to remain for a loooong time, as I see it. Unless the city father's swallow their ego and just demolish it, yet another case of tax payer money down the drain.

Last edited by vharihar : 8th October 2023 at 07:21.
Old 8th October 2023, 07:52   #21303

On one hand our administrators bury their heads in the sand like Ostriches to the woes of traffic turning a blind eye to a large amount of violations in every nook and corner of the city, on the other they continue to waste public money in these senseless ideas. Similar to what some of the members suggested,

1. Buses don't have a designated stop, even if they do they still love to stop in parallel to one another blocking entire width. Not that there is a lot!

2. Most places where U-turns are provided, they are not designed but just created as an afterthought! So they cannot but create a bottle neck. No one wants to stay in the lane to take the U-turn but wants to come from the other lane, further adding to the jam.

3. Interestingly school buses are no exception, they violate signals and one-ways even when the traffic conditions (at 6-7 am) are not so bad. What I find troubling is that the parents says nothing when they wait for a bus with their wards just right after the signal and watching the driver violate it.

4.And to add, our administrators think they have a right to advocate WFH after charging us hefty taxes for using a vehicle. They need our money but will not return any thing, not even force people to follow rules in wee hours when the situation permits.
https://www.timesnownews.com/bengalu...icle-104016583

5. They never asked the travel buses to find an alternative during the massive metro constructions all over ORR.

6. Not sure of this `public eye`, it seems it will take hours every day if I have to keep reporting data from the dash cam (https://btp.gov.in/PublicEye/PublicEyePostNew.aspx). If my dash cam can see it then the cameras at signals can see this too!

Sorry for the rant, but I hope there will be a transformation in whiteboard drivers at least to begin with!
Surya_bh00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:11   #21304
Senior - BHPian

Plan to ease traffic woes along ORR in 100 days, DKS assures tech companies Need to see what changes gets done by January 2024 end.
Old 8th October 2023, 22:12   #21305
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Plan to ease traffic woes along ORR in 100 days, DKS assures tech companies Need to see what changes gets done by January 2024 end.
Since the previous promise is to have tenders for tunnels in 45 days to solve the traffic problem, probably tunnels will be built in the remaining 55 days itself.

Honey, we solved the traffic problem. And Bangalore techies lived happily ever after.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 22:29   #21306
BHPian

I sometimes feel Nehruji did right thing of forcing Industries to be built in remote places in India. A similar thing had it been implemented for IT sector, it wouldn't have landed in mess we are with respect to commuting issues we are facing in metro and tier two cities.
Old 9th October 2023, 00:19   #21307
BHPian

Just received this on our society group. Hope this helps lessen the load on ORR also to some effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-6df6e305c69e496e9c9a16c627777829.jpeg  

creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 00:29   #21308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Just received this on our society group. Hope this helps lessen the load on ORR also to some effect.
It will lessen the load but gradually. You cant expect a major change right from the days to come. The issue is that the famed ORR stretch between Bellandur and Kadubeesanahalli is the choke point and thats going to remain so, until the actual ORR metro opens up.

But with the Purple line completion, I expect the following changes in the next few days:
  • Baiyyapanahalli metro will lose its fame and ridership. So this must ease traffic on old madras road
  • Travellers who used to catch long distance buses from BYPL metro will shift to Tin Factory. In fact I never understood who came up with the stupid idea of having BYPL as the connecting station to Buses and other forms of transport. Ideally they should have made use of the bus bays at SV Road metro for those connecting to and fro buses and auto whereas car users could use BYPL since it offered parking
  • The crawls at Tin factory during peak hours would reduce with lesser personal vehicles in this stretch
  • Areas like Hoodi till ITPL might see a reduced vehicular movement especially of those who commute between these areas and central Bangalore.

Other than that I would not see much improvement in the Marathahalli to Silk Board stretch. Perhaps those who work out of Doddanekkundi might be attracted towards a metro based commute if their companies arrange shuttles.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 06:52   #21309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
This is across all news channels now. So hopefully we should reduction is commuter and feeder buses as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But with the Purple line completion, I expect the following changes in the next few days..
Not in the next few days, but we will see an increased call for long distance trains to stop at KR Puram, so that people can walk to Metro and make use of it. This need will get accentuated once the Blue line completes. And yes the use of Tin Factory for outbound buses will be the next menace causing traffic hold-ups!

Last edited by ampere : 9th October 2023 at 06:56.
Old 9th October 2023, 09:29   #21310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Baiyyapanahalli metro will lose its fame and ridership. So this must ease traffic on old madras road
Baiyyapanahalli & SV Road I guess will continue to be the favourite stations for people from Kaggadasapura / CV Raman Nagar / Marathahalli etc. because of the availability of ample parking. At least, until the ORR metro (blue line) becomes a reality.

Quote:
Perhaps those who work out of Doddanekkundi might be attracted towards a metro based commute if their companies arrange shuttles.
This should help: https://twitter.com/MTF_Mobility/sta...96940359336248
Quote:
BMTC will operate 258 METRO FEEDER AC Bus trips per day in ORR
Old 10th October 2023, 00:36   #21311

Bangalore roads flooded again! This time Silkboard

Today’s rain has hit electronics city to silkboard stretch so bad that it resulted in the closure of elevated toll way and in complete inundation of silkboard. It took about 2 hours to cross this stretch when we left office at 21:15
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_0459.png  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_0461.png  

Surya_bh00 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 08:52   #21312
Senior - BHPian

Dreaming of 190 Km tunnel road?
A 100 meter underpass itself is not built properly. Water logged underpass at Eco World, which was closed this morning.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_1289.jpeg
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 09:33   #21313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
A 100 meter underpass itself is not built properly. Water logged underpass at Eco World, which was closed this morning.

Attachment 2515917
At least the BBMP and Govt. can not be blamed for this mess. The roads inside Ecoworld and other Tech Parks are private roads and these constructions are solely designed and implemented by the park managements.

Ecoworld is a super mess with 2 more SEZ buildings with over 50000 seats coming up apart from various commercial outlets that have already started. At times getting from one end to the other which is barely 1.9 kms takes over an hour with cars idling in the gridlock. The whole park is very poorly planned with narrow roads not sufficient for the space they are building within. Peak hours have queues of rashly driven Tempo Travellers and Buses ferrying employees causing further mess.

These underpasses were planned to ease traffic. Instead, due to extremely poor design and narrow carriageway, they in turn have become bottlenecks with porrly planned turns. They merely shift the bottleneck by a 50 meters each side causing longer jams and mess.

Brookefield (Canadian Pension Fund owned real estate arm) which is the owner of the two tech parks here has substantial reals estate experience and was expected to do a better job. Alas, this seems worse than what BBMP does on its worst day (with the exception of Bangalore Stonehenge - The Koramangala Flyover stalled for over 6 years).

Last edited by nareshtrao : 10th October 2023 at 09:36.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 09:38   #21314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This is one of the most horrible infra upgrade that has been done and considering we have seen a lot of such things, it is a fairly low bar. The fact that a private entity did it is even more surprising.

Firstly the apparent intention was to smoothen the flow out of the tech parks and allow through traffic to move past the exit quicker. This itself made no sense as the main bottleneck is not the intermediate junctions, it is the main exit of Ecoworld itself which ends in a chaotic service road under the flyover. Such a tiny underpass would serve no purpose.

Secondly when you make such an underpass, and it is a two lane road, these 2 lanes should carry the through traffic and the additional one created should be the exit lane. Here it is the other way around. Only one lane carries the through traffic and there are 2 lanes to go up the ramp and exit. So what is happening now is that vehicles that want to go through also are taking the left lane of the ramp and going through.

End result, nothing is solved. These converging-diverging lanes create it's own problems, you add some additional issues like waterlogging.

Picture I took couple of days back. Underpass, Ramp, all filled up because of the choke at the exit. I also learnt my lesson to not take the underpass because when it is choked like this, once I cross the underpass, I have to battle my way again to the left most lane as the left turn is a barricaded one now. So if you are on the right lane, there is no way to go left (which is how it should be)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20231003_083526.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 10th October 2023 at 09:41.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 09:45   #21315
Distinguished - BHPian

'Eco'World again! Was just going to ask if the new underpasses had helped solve the entry/exit issue. Guess not.

Don't know why everyone was expecting the private entity to execute a project like this better than the government. I mean it's not like road works are their USP, they are a real estate management firm. Anyway, the entire tech park itself is terribly designed, nothing can be done really. I find it hard to believe that any company that truly cares about the health of their employees would want to subject them to this ordeal everyday. Man, I don't miss this place at all! (commuted there for 3 years, pre-covid).

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2023 at 08:28.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks