Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 13:50   #6271
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The arrogance of the woman needs to be seen to be believed.
I believe when the cops are filming when they stop you, its even better cause there will be no harassment or untoward incident, since it is all on camera.

If you have all your papers in order, you have nothing to fear! Yes it might be an inconvenience for a few minutes but imagine the guys they get off the road in these instances who do not have any documents or are at the risk to endanger the public.

We need to support their drives for any checking IMHO

My guess is she thought aggression is the best defense, I very much doubt that she even has a valid drivers licence!
Old 14th July 2014, 14:19   #6272
Senior - BHPian

She should hope they wont file a case of trying to run over someone!

It was stupidity of the highest order over something silly. People should stop feeling they are superior human beings compared to less educated cops or folks alike.
Old 14th July 2014, 14:37   #6273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While I am totally against the greenery which was destroyed for this purpose, the only silver lining apparent to me is that the glare from high beams from vehicles coming from the opposite side would be reduced.
On the contrary, I think it will increase the effect of high beam from the opposite lane. Imagine it as if someone is switching the high beam on and off intermittently - through every gap in between the hoardings, the high beam is going to fall in your eyes.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:21   #6274
BHPian

This is absolutely pathetic when someone just because of their gender think they can get way with something so insensible. What the hell for god sake was she thinking.
Can a male driver get away with such an attitude ?

I think its high time the cops should have more female officers and then they can take good care of this "I am a women, I have special privileges" attitude.

Law is and should be same for everyone.

Thumbs up to the cops for filming this, there can't be a dubious storytelling to the higher authorities any more by the lady now.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:27   #6275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
T

Thumbs up to the cops for filming this, there can't be a dubious storytelling to the higher authorities any more by the lady now.
I dont think the cops were filming. This was because TV9 office is next to place where the RTO folks were. They just sensed an opportunity
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 15:29   #6276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I dont think the cops were filming. This was because TV9 office is next to place where the RTO folks were. They just sensed an opportunity
Oh ! My bad then, I just watched the video with the mute and might have missed it. Nevertheless, the video is there and that's enough to prove the point.

Thanks for pointing out though.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:29   #6277
Senior - BHPian

come to think of it, our cops are aren't any saints that they are decent to people. This Video does not show what ticked off the woman, and until that is made public we are only speculating.
The lady also could have handled the situation in a dignified manner. Trying to honk, intimidate, shout will only help aggrieve the other person more, not solve the issue.
Old 14th July 2014, 16:02   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
This is absolutely pathetic when someone just because of their gender think they can get way with something so insensible. What the hell for god sake was she thinking.
Can a male driver get away with such an attitude ?

No a male would probably be manhandled, that's what the cops do to ordinary citizens. I have witnessed this in front on my office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Live in this area. TV9 has an office there, but for sure they were filming the whole thing, not just sensing an opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
come to think of it, our cops are aren't any saints that they are decent to people. This Video does not show what ticked off the woman, and until that is made public we are only speculating.
The lady also could have handled the situation in a dignified manner. Trying to honk, intimidate, shout will only help aggrieve the other person more, not solve the issue.
Absolutely agree.

No one seems to think that the lady got ticked off 'because' this was being filmed? She objected to it and the cops did not do anything to stop the filming
And maybe because this was being filmed the cops were quieter than usual? The clip also starts in between the whole thing, why?

Too many questions to pass any judgement. And I don't see how she was 'trying to mow the cop down'!
Old 14th July 2014, 16:12   #6279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
No one seems to think that the lady got ticked off 'because' this was being filmed? She objected to it and the cops did not do anything to stop the filming
And maybe because this was being filmed the cops were quieter than usual? The clip also starts in between the whole thing, why?
Even if they were filming, she should have been more careful, instead of showing a 'go get lost' attitude!

The cops would have asked her for documents, if she had it, could have shown the docs & left the place.
Most likely, docs were not there & cops would have asked her to pay the fine. And she didn't want to pay it up & hence this drama.
Old 14th July 2014, 22:22   #6280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Live in this area. TV9 has an office there, but for sure they were filming the whole thing, not just sensing an opportunity.
That makes you my neighbour
Old 15th July 2014, 01:59   #6281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While I am totally against the greenery which was destroyed for this purpose, the only silver lining apparent to me is that the glare from high beams from vehicles coming from the opposite side would be reduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
On the contrary, I think it will increase the effect of high beam from the opposite lane. Imagine it as if someone is switching the high beam on and off intermittently - through every gap in between the hoardings, the high beam is going to fall in your eyes.
Reached work an hour back, working night this week.
So I observed whether the billboards are doing any good by avoiding the headlights.

Absolutely No.

The billboards are at a height of `2 feet from the ground, which is another `1 feet from the road. So eventually the billboards are at a height of around 3 feet from the ground.
So effectively the headlights from the other side of the road fall straight into my eyes.

Infact I felt it a bit more damaging, because instead of the who environment around me, I see only two high powered light source focussing on my eye (the entire traffic gets hidden behind the billboard).

PS: Tommorrow, I will try to capture an image from my eye position to show how bad the headlights from opposite lane vehicles fall into my eyes.
Old 15th July 2014, 06:43   #6282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Today, left for my office late and in order to reach Graphite India Signal, I took the railway crossing road instead of my usual Marathahalli Bridge.

And most of the commuters included our so called highly paid & educated youth!

Total Time taken from the Railway Crossing to the Graphite India signal a 'mere' 1 hour 20 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Been there done that.
I used to take that road to avoid the mess in Kundalahalli signal.

Moreover, the one way road that leads from ORR towards the railway gate and then towards Graphite India are in a very pathetic state that the I had a couple of scrappings.
Even avoided taking my two-wheeler in the road.
When the gate is down for a train to cross, our so called "educated morons" occupy both the lanes. Was invariably "getting" abuses for being in my lane and blocking the lane jumpers.
I have sufferred immensely during my commute to Whitefield via ORR when using this road. My route commenced from Sarjapur Rd to Whitefield EPIP area. After i reached a point where i realized i was reaching office in a foul mood to start the day owing to this route, i started exploring other options, including the Varthur Road from Sarjapur Road. Soon, i saw the company buses switch to this route as well. Varthur town area too ended up getting clogged owing to vehicles which come up the wrong side of the road, including BMTC buses.

The only option i finally realized was to leave early for work, which helped avoid some of the folk who are perennially in a hurry.
Old 15th July 2014, 09:28   #6283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Even if they were filming, she should have been more careful, instead of showing a 'go get lost' attitude!

The cops would have asked her for documents, if she had it, could have shown the docs & left the place.
Most likely, docs were not there & cops would have asked her to pay the fine. And she didn't want to pay it up & hence this drama.

Most likely. As per that news clip - "RTO stopped two cars, one bearing PY plate and the other MP plate. PY car owner produced documents. However, she didn't produce any documents. After she left the car, RTO checked the car hoping to find some documents. They didn't find any documents in car."

Probably she got angry after seeing TV crew. However, bullying an RTO standing in front of the car is a bad idea.

Last edited by 370Z : 15th July 2014 at 09:29.
Old 15th July 2014, 09:37   #6284
Senior - BHPian

Anyone been to Sadashivanagar over the weekend? They have started digging around Bhashyam Circle, putting traffic into a chaotic state. People driving on the wrong side, signals switched off. It was utter madness!
Old 15th July 2014, 09:58   #6285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
In the mean while, the Bangalore RTO is again focusing on non-Karnataka registered vehicles plying in the city for a long time. In this video, they show an MP registered car being stopped. They are seizing the vehicle, and the lady tries to speed away. An RTO official stands in front of the vehicle and that stops her plans.
Heheh, the video was amusing to say the least. Just a lot of bluster by the lady there. But I can just imagine what would have happened if a man had been in her place. I can be sure that he would have received a much more "powerful" message. All she had to do was to produce the documents - or in this case, since she obviously didn't have them - find out what to do next and move on. It wasn't like this was a lonely stretch of road etc. I'm sorry but I am all for the law to be equal for everyone - irrespective of gender. I am sure many of you wouldn't have been so quiet if a guy had been caught in this video.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks