Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 22:05   #3151
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Friend is moving to Bangalore. His office is near Bangalore Central mall. Any suggestions where he should find a house to keep one-way commute time below 30 mins?
There are more than one Bangalore Central malls in BLR. It would help, if you could tell us the location of the Bangalore Central where your friend would be working.

-- Wind
Old 6th April 2012, 22:29   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

^^
Looks like his office is near MG road - Central

Best option would be staying close metro station in Indira Nagar or other area and make use of latest attraction Namma Metro!
Old 6th April 2012, 22:57   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Hillarious start to the day.

The guy lost it and went back rambling to his car.
The signal went green and since his lane moved earlier, he came next to me, trying to give me another stare down. I returned a flying kiss (oops, no more smilies). His expression was priceless.
Strike three and Out!
Whats with guys with Innovas here in Bangalore!

I had a similar experience yesterday. It happened while coming back from office on ORR under the newly built underpass (near Cisco) at around 9pm. I was in rightmost lane (there are only two lanes there now) and there was a bike ahead of me moving quite leisurely and an Innova behind me. I must admit that I could have accelerated, changed lanes and overtaken the bike but I was myself in a quite leisurely mood and just kept behind the bike in my lane. The guy in Innova got impatient (maybe there was another vehicle on the other lane and he was not getting space to overtake me but I didnt bother with it), and he started honking madly. I kept to my lane and didnt try to give in. After about 100-200m he got chance to overtake me from left (in front of Cisco) and he did that, swerved right into my lane and started moving real slow! I also came down to 3rd and tagged behind him enjoying the nice music playing. The drama continued for about 1 KM after which he just sped off! Some nice stress buster maybe it was for him!
Old 7th April 2012, 12:32   #3154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's a bad bad route. You listed all the hotspots in that Vayu Vajra route.
Don't I know it. These days I schedule my flights outbound from Bangalore early mornings and inbound late evenings to avoid any sort of traffic problem (and to generally enjoy the ride in the Vayu Vajra).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Related to this, the Delhi High Court had categorized speed breakers as hazards, and most of them were removed from Delhi's roads around 5-6 years back! Why don't the other cities take cognizance of the same??
They won't. Someone has to go through the same motion in the Bangalore High Court and point the court to the earlier Delhi judgement. Only then things will move.
Old 7th April 2012, 14:13   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^
Looks like his office is near MG road - Central

Best option would be staying close metro station in Indira Nagar or other area and make use of latest attraction Namma Metro!
And the second best option would be to stay at Koramangla and use the BMTC G3 bus to commute to office.

-- Wind
Old 10th April 2012, 17:16   #3156
BHPian

Is this the right thread to rant about Bangalore autowalas? I am so bugged by them, i might end up running them over with their own auto.
Old 10th April 2012, 17:24   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Is this the right thread to rant about Bangalore autowalas? I am so bugged by them, i might end up running them over with their own auto.
This is the BEST thread to trash them!
Old 10th April 2012, 20:09   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
That is exactly the reason why I stopped riding autos. I either take my car or bike or ask a friend for a lift and worst case scenario is a Volvo/BMTC!

The last time I tried for an auto was from Forum to Shopper's Stop in Bannerghatta Road. He asked for an outrageous amount. Told him to go as per the meter. The smart alec came back with "You guys can pay for the overpriced stuff in the malls, but you cant pay us".

my humble retort was " I will buy 'pav' and feed it to the dogs with that money.its none of his business to tell me what I should do with my hard earned money" ... And took off.
Old 11th April 2012, 10:16   #3159
BHPian

All you folks who are stuck on Marathalli ORR right now! Start ranting! I don't know who comes up with these ideas of the stupid flyovers and after that these unnecessary U turns!

Now there is a provision for U turn in front of Ecospace b/w the Central and Passport Office flyovers! And what does it do? Clog traffic on both sides!

God save this city and take away the people responsible for all this!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 10:30   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
All you folks who are stuck on Marathalli ORR right now! Start ranting! I don't know who comes up with these ideas of the stupid flyovers and after that these unnecessary U turns!

Now there is a provision for U turn in front of Ecospace b/w the Central and Passport Office flyovers! And what does it do? Clog traffic on both sides!
Thanks for the update! Just got an email from one of my colleagues who comes to office via ORR, that he was stuck there for 1.5 hours, so he decided to turn back and work from home!!

But why is that new U turn causing problems? No one to control the traffic and people taking U turns starting from extreme left of the road?
Old 11th April 2012, 10:38   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Thanks for the update! Just got an email from one of my colleagues who comes to office via ORR, that he was stuck there for 1.5 hours, so he decided to turn back and work from home!!

But why is that new U turn causing problems? No one to control the traffic and people taking U turns starting from extreme left of the road?
The right U turn, apparently was opened by a cabbie who wanted to take a U turn and suddenly everybody realized they can take a U turn there and need not go under the flyover to take a U turn towards ecospace. So I guess even the cops are caught unawares as none of them were present there!

Now as you said all the vehicles are trying to move from left to the extreme right to take a U turn blocking traffic from both sides. This has queued up traffic all the way up to Salarpuria Softzone.

Can anyone update us what's wrong near JP Morgan? I heard there is some change made to the service road which is causing the jam just before the (intelligent ) 2-way underpass!
Old 11th April 2012, 10:38   #3162
Senior - BHPian

Took me 1.5 hours to cover the 13 Kms from home (HSR) to work (whitefield) as opposed to the usual 0.5 hours it takes to cover the route on "two" wheels!

When I hit the jam it was clogging up from Sarjapur Road intersection all the way up to Kadubisnahalli. I heard it got worse and trickled all the way down to Silkboard.

And the worst part is I have no idea why! The only change they had done today is blocking of the Kadubisnahalli junction for traffic, now all traffic was routed under the pass. So effectively 4 lanes were diverging into 1. Despite this I don't see why did the traffic get choked this bad.

If this continues, I am working from home till the cops stop playing jigsaw puzzle with Kadubisnahalli!

I pity you folks who came on 4 wheels and Volvos!
Old 11th April 2012, 10:40   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Well, I just took an hour and 20 minutes to cover 14 kms between Bellandur and RMZ Infinity Old Madras road. The stretch normally takes me around 30 to 35 mins.

Why? Because the powers that be decided that all the traffic on the ORR between Devarabisanahalli and Marthahalli had to travel on a *single lane* through the underpass between the two junctions.

In other words, it wasn't really the U-turns causing the jams, but the traffic backed up for around 5 kms due to the tunnel bottleneck. This 5 kms stretch took me 38 mins.

Looks like I will have to go via Koramangala - IRR - Indiranagar - OMR to get to RMZ from tomorrow :(
Old 11th April 2012, 10:54   #3164
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Traffic Police update on Facebook:
Quote:
Fly over work at Kaadubeesanahalli is going on. Vehicles are not allowed on flyover, hence traffic pile up from Bellandur to Marathahalli and Marathahalli to Silk board. Avoid this stretch.
Yeah avoid and go where? Back home? What about all those folks who have appointments at the PSK?

And i think they meant from Bellandur to Silkboard, and not Marathahalli to Silk Board.

Last edited by amitoj : 11th April 2012 at 10:57.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:04   #3165
BHPian

This is what someone at office says:
Quote:
A portion of the road in Kaadubeesanahalli junction has caved in due to excavation for underpass - which is in progress - thereby resulting in huge pile up of traffic on ORR.
and suggests that people coming from Sarjapur side into ORR (Marathahalli side) to come via Wipro corporate office, Doddakanneli.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 11th April 2012 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks