Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 13:18   #7276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
My son commutes to school by a private van. Today the van driver called me to say his vehicle has been seized by police. Is this the case for all other school private vans operating in Bangalore?
Don't think so, my daughter took the private school van today.
Old 1st December 2014, 13:34   #7277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Not exactly related to rants on bangalore traffic. My son commutes to school by a private van. Today the van driver called me to say his vehicle has been seized by police. Is this the case for all other school private vans operating in Bangalore?
Transport Department is doing their annual ritual of checking school buses. It was reported in Bangalore Mirror a few days back:

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/45279218.cms

If interested, the set of regulations school buses is here: http://rto.kar.nic.in/doc2/GO%20for%...20Children.pdf
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 14:32   #7278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Warning: the Devsandra road has been completely dug up, for construction of a bridge.
I am asking only for knowledge purposes. I don't use this road.

If I google Devasandra Road, it shows me the area around krpuram market with a small lake within. Are you referring to the same area?

If my reference is the same as the area you are talking about, I can't imagine where they could be building a bridge.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:29   #7279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am asking only for knowledge purposes. I don't use this road.

If I google Devasandra Road, it shows me the area around krpuram market with a small lake within. Are you referring to the same area?

If my reference is the same as the area you are talking about, I can't imagine where they could be building a bridge.
If I can clarify, I never meant building a bridge. I meant repairing an already existing one. Please refer to the map below
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:33   #7280
Senior - BHPian

BTP has bigger plans for the Graphite India/Hoodi/Big Bazaar/Vydehi loop:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle6652488.ece
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:50   #7281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

The guy quoted in the report Srihari who is supposed to be a traffic expert always comes up with a quote on why something does not work. He is a consultant and there are similar experts who are completely useless and I have never seen these guys make a worthwhile suggestion.

We really need qualified people to study the complete traffic situation in Bengaluru and make changes to solve the dreaded problems including infrastructure changes.
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:05   #7282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The guy quoted in the report Srihari who is supposed to be a traffic expert always comes up with a quote on why something does not work. He is a consultant and there are similar experts who are completely useless and I have never seen these guys make a worthwhile suggestion.

We really need qualified people to study the complete traffic situation in Bengaluru and make changes to solve the dreaded problems including infrastructure changes.
Totally agree .These so called experts are more like arm chair critics.I appreciate the work done by BTP in the EPIP area last one week. Once the road work was undertaken, at 5.30 rush hour there wasn't a single minute delay at Graphite on my way to AECS layout from EPIP area.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:25   #7283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Totally agree .These so called experts are more like arm chair critics.I appreciate the work done by BTP in the EPIP area last one week. Once the road work was undertaken, at 5.30 rush hour there wasn't a single minute delay at Graphite on my way to AECS layout from EPIP area.
Thanks for the update.

This just goes to show the difference that can be made if we just get the basics right, such as roads conducive to traffic movement, lack of obstructions such as buses stopping in the middle of the road, and unscientific intervals in between traffic flow at a traffic light.

However, the authorities see it more prudent to embark on foreign trips to study measures in traffic improvement and then acquire land to come up with infrastructure which are not future-ready.
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:35   #7284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did a lookup and found that Sreehari M N was a Professor in Civil Department in RVCE, MSRIT and now is CEO of company called Consortia of Infrastructure Engineers, which does traffic impact assessment studies. Maybe he is qualified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Looks promising ! Free flow traffic is what everyone wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I appreciate the work done by BTP in the EPIP area last one week. Once the road work was undertaken, at 5.30 rush hour there wasn't a single minute delay at Graphite on my way to AECS layout from EPIP area.
As predicted by many, the price for easing of Graphite is now paid by Big Bazaar. A 150m queue at red signal has grown to 500m. Hope the new 'free flow' loop will reduce the wait.
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:38   #7285
Senior - BHPian

Good show by BTP. But these again would be short lived solutions. The ideal solution would only come when we figure out a way to keep a large number of vehicles off-road .
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:52   #7286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Good show by BTP. But these again would be short lived solutions. The ideal solution would only come when we figure out a way to keep a large number of vehicles off-road .
More than keeping a large number of vehicles off road, the heavy vehicles have to be kept out of the city during peak hours. It is a different story all together that the ORR that was designed for the lorries to by pass bangalore city houses a number of IT companies resulting in total chaos due to so many vehicles.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:55   #7287
BANNED

The situation that is existing in front of Ecospace is starting to raise its presence in front of Manyata Tech park. They are stopping traffic to let the pedestrians cross, I wonder why not have a sky walk built here. Let the Manyata promoters bear the 50% cost of this and let the government share the other 50%. The traffic backs up al the way to the beginning of the new Hennur flyover.
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:56   #7288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I did a lookup and found that Sreehari M N was a Professor in Civil Department in RVCE, MSRIT and now is CEO of company called Consortia of Infrastructure Engineers, which does traffic impact assessment studies. Maybe he is qualified.
Looks promising ! Free flow traffic is what everyone wants.
As predicted by many, the price for easing of Graphite is now paid by Big Bazaar. A 150m queue at red signal has grown to 500m. Hope the new 'free flow' loop will reduce the wait.
I have seen umpteen statements from him where he just says, in India this is not possible or that is not possible. Or after some steps taken by Police (who actually try things, poor souls) fails, he comes up and gives reasons on why its not possible in our situation etc.

I have even heard these experts say tree lined avenues are not good for Cities like Bengaluru where things are not planned and will have to be axed in future to widen the road !

He could be qualified through his education
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:59   #7289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen umpteen statements from him where he just says, in India this is not possible or that is not possible. Or after some steps taken by Police (who actually try things, poor souls) fails, he comes up and gives reasons on why its not possible in our situation etc.

I have even heard these experts say tree lined avenues are not good for Cities like Bengaluru where things are not planned and will have to be axed in future to widen the road !

He could be qualified through his education
Probably the govt has to develop New Bangalore something similar to Navi Mumbai. The old bangalore has grown out of expectations that it is now nearly impossible to manage the traffic with the current plan of the city.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:08   #7290
BHPian

Sums up every frustration of a car owner,

satan's_valet is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks