Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 13:45   #7261
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any further change in the whitefield traffic plan ? How was it on other days this week ?
One thing I see during my morning commute is that Hoodi junction is not bad, quite fast moving (I turn left coming from Devasandra side).
No further change, but on the previous days this week, it hardly used to take 10 min from CMR IT to cross Graphite signal. Today it took me half an hour.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:02   #7262
Senior - BHPian

After a lot of hesitation, I finally took the direct route home from Itpl - Cox Town. Started from work at around 445pm. Got out of the Itpl back gate. Had to take a left and then a right (divided road towards Formule Hotel) to join the road that hits big bazaar signal. There was already a queue for the signal. Waited there for a couple of minutes and traffic started to move. I hung a left at the signal. The going was smooth. Could maintain speeds up to 50kmph till hoodi intersection where its a forced left. Movement of traffic slowed down to about 35-40kmph. Hoodi Main road is a divided road, one way and with a couple of cuts in between. One of them is open for traffic from krpuram to graphite India to switch lanes. This does bring traffic to a halt as its a criss cross point. Past this point, the next turn is right U Turn to Graphite India Road. The half a km Graphite India stretch that leads you to Bhoruka signal is probably the fastest on the route. As you get to the Bhoruka Signal, traffic stalls a bit as nobody is really prepared for the divider at the signal. Left at the T junction and traffic moves slow towards mahadevpura bus stop. This bus stop is a bottle neck for sure. Past this point, fairly free movement up to the next signal at Whitefield Honda showroom. From this point till the krpuram bridge under pass intersection, it is bumper to bumper movement. Nothing new here. I don't see any solution in sight for this section. Past this point traffic moves at a decent 40-50kmph towards tin factory and so on.

The commute took 42minutes on my motorcycle. Traffic movement on what was once a highly chocked sector (read hoodi) is definitely better. I must praise the efforts by the traffic police department. They have done whatever best they can. What can further improve flow of traffic is the infrastructure and by this I mean the quality of roads. Its really bad from prestiege shantineketan all the way to hoodi. The rest of the stretch is more of ruts and multiple layers of patchwork. You have to slow down. Then you have the iconic speed breakers. This is one stretch of road that needs all these bottlenecks removed.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 13:20   #7263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
So Graphite is back to it's sad old state today. Took me 1.5 hrs from HSR. Started at 8 AM.
Yesterday evening traffic is moving slowly at graphite signal, mainly due to the bad roads in the junction. Further down there is huge traffic pile-up @kundalahalli colony near Hanuman temple (eventhough there are traffic police present)
Earlier i used to take 25 minutes from Vydehi to Graphite, which has come down to 15 minutes. This new plan is defnetly better (at least for me), but i seriously doubt it is going to work in long run.

BTP seems very serious in implementing the new traffic plan. Even Today morning @9.45 there are quite a few police personnel monitoring the traffic at graphite signal and Y junction towards Hoodi. Today morning there is road repair work going on @ graphite signal. This will definetly help

I pray, they fill/repair all the pot holes near ginger hotel and hoodi junction too.
Old 29th November 2014, 18:13   #7264
BHPian

Come Monday and roads in whitefield will be a bit more smoother: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5344994&type=1

BTP is rocking all of sudden. Only, if they could solve Graphite and Kundanahalli Gate traffic woes.
Old 29th November 2014, 20:17   #7265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
BTP is rocking all of sudden.
Though, given that there is another agency whose job it is to keep these roads in usable state, are heads hanging there in shame? Thought not.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 07:39   #7266
BHPian

The new changes to the traffic routes in Whitefield are working as the commute time is reduced now. In the last week, I have gone through graphite India signal to Vydehi Jn twice and my travel time has reduced by 15 mins from HSR layout.

The new plan is working even better to Prestige Shantinketan and ITPL as there are no more choking points between ABB Jn and Bigbazaar Jn. On last Friday, it took me 45 mins from Narayana Hrudyalaya Whitefield to HSR layout at 6:15 pm.

The route I took is NH--> Big Bazaar Jn--> Hoodi Jn --> graphite India ATM --> Alpine Eco--> ORR--> HSR layout
Old 30th November 2014, 07:43   #7267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Come Monday and roads in whitefield will be a bit more smoother: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5344994&type=1

BTP is rocking all of sudden. Only, if they could solve Graphite and Kundanahalli Gate traffic woes.
Graphite signal is in good shape now Yesterday late night they repaired it. I still see equipment around, so hoping the entire Whitefield area roads getting repaired
Old 30th November 2014, 12:00   #7268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Though, given that there is another agency whose job it is to keep these roads in usable state, are heads hanging there in shame? Thought not.
Exactly. BTP is now commandeering the road makers now to get the roads repaired. BBMP is the most useless of any public organisations in Bangalore, but they don't even get 5% of the taunts/insults which BTP folks get.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 12:26   #7269
Senior - BHPian

What about inert or passive organisations like WEPPIA, ORCA etc From website of WEPPIA "In 2009, the maintenance and upkeep of EPIP was handed over by KIADB to WEPPIA (Whitefield Export Promotion Park Industrial Association)"If they want they can put enormous pressure on BBMP and state govt. But ooks like they are interested only in lip service and cosmetic makeovers like median beautification where as employees struggle with bad road, no streetlight etc. Every inch of EPIP main road is dug up by telecom companies and as usual they never bother to restore it back.

Last edited by poloman : 30th November 2014 at 12:28.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 06:30   #7270
BHPian

Warning: the Devsandra road has been completely dug up, for construction of a bridge. Four wheelers cannot take the route in any way. The deviation is too lengthy and congested. Kindly avoid this stretch and re plan. There's a board at the junction in KR puram, informing people of the construction
hifisharu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 08:14   #7271
BHPian

heavy and slow traffic behind graphite factory.
Old 1st December 2014, 09:32   #7272
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Warning: the Devsandra road has been completely dug up, for construction of a bridge. Four wheelers cannot take the route in any way. The deviation is too lengthy and congested. Kindly avoid this stretch and re plan. There's a board at the junction in KR puram, informing people of the construction
Thanks, just happened to see your post this morning, helped me avoid the route and take the regular route via KR Puram Railway station, Phoenix mall, Hoodi junction.
As usual, on this route there are just too many points where going can be slow, including a place to criss-cross lanes on the 1 way stretch between ABB/Bhoruka junction and Hoodi junction. Still, with some luck managed to reach in 40 minutes.
In addition to cars and 2 wheelers just 1-3 inches away on either side, one has to negotiate push cart vendors, jay walkers, (Tata) aces and (Piaggio) apes etc to get to work each day

EDIT:Any more details on that bridge ? Will it lead into Devasandra from K R Puram or is it for traffic from KR Puram to go straight without a signal at that junction towards the Hanging bridge ?

Last edited by NPV : 1st December 2014 at 09:45.
Old 1st December 2014, 09:53   #7273
BHPian

Glad to help NPV. This is not a bridge construction, it's just repair work on an already existing bridge. While coming from KR puram, this construction is just before the Basavanapura road. I've marked the same on Waze too, if anyone is using that app
Old 1st December 2014, 10:10   #7274
Distinguished - BHPian

U turn in front of Hyper City has been closed. Seemed to result in smoother traffic movement after the left from Kundalahalli. So vehicles exiting HyperCity now need to go to the signal and take a U to go towards Whitefield.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 10:41   #7275
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly related to rants on bangalore traffic. My son commutes to school by a private van. Today the van driver called me to say his vehicle has been seized by police. Is this the case for all other school private vans operating in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks