Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

From today's Hindu.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_20160506_083500.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_20160506_083237.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:06   #11357
BHPian

Today morning, a biker decided to squeeze past my car and another car near the AXA signal, heading towards Silk board. As expected, there was no space, and his rear view mirror nicked mine (or maybe the body). Have not inspected the car closely, but hopefully there should not be any major damage. At the AXA signal, he took an illegal u-turn. I will try to retrieve the footage from my el-cheapo dashcam, and if I can get a good view of his number plates, plan to post it on BTP facebook page (let him atleast get fined for taking an illegal U-turn).

Frankly, I do expect bikers to do this (not sure why it is so difficult for them to judge the space), but since my car is just a month old, am obviously quite irritated
Old 6th May 2016, 16:17   #11358
Senior - BHPian

It is raining heavily in Whitefield area. Today's return journey would be "fun" :(.
Old 6th May 2016, 17:49   #11359
Senior - BHPian

Not just Whitefield, but at many areas. BTM, Silk Board, Banashankari and all other known culprits are sure to get jammed due to this rain.
Old 6th May 2016, 17:51   #11360
Senior - BHPian

Dear four wheeler drivers, since it's back to rainy days, please be considerate to fellow road users especially two wheelers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Do let them pass if they are trying to go through. Not just the rain, they are prone to get drenched from splashes of muck water and have to wade through flooded waters as well.
Going fast on a flooded road is not the right way at all. It is the other way round. You save your vehicle as well as from splashing muck on people around.
Also on a heavily flooded road, the waves created from speeding affects the balance of a two wheeler.
tharian is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:18   #11361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Dear four wheeler drivers, since it's back to rainy days, please be considerate to fellow road users especially two wheelers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Do let them pass if they are trying to go through. Not just the rain, they are prone to get drenched from splashes of muck water and have to wade through flooded waters as well.
Going fast on a flooded road is not the right way at all. It is the other way round. You save your vehicle as well as from splashing muck on people around.
Also on a heavily flooded road, the waves created from speeding affects the balance of a two wheeler.
to your post. Putting up another version from 4 wheeler drivers perspective.

Dear two wheeler drivers, since its rainy season please be considerate and try to

a) Please do not try to barge in between other vehicles in your hurry to overtake. It is risky to you as well as others.
b) Please drive cautiously keeping in mind the braking power reduction on wet roads. You might fall down injuring yourself as well as the person driving behind you might be at risk as well. Keeps yourself as well as people around you safe.
c) Do not park under flyovers or junctions for safety during rains and even if you would want to never on the right lane (people using hosur road below BETL might concur).

P.S : Mods/Bhpians, this post is not to create any 2 wheeler/ 4 wheeler debate. Just a funny(but important) reply to OP's post.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 6th May 2016 at 18:19.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 19:22   #11362
BHPian

If today is any indication, its going to be 'fun' during the upcoming rains with waterlogging at so many places. I don't think BBMP has done anything to identify possible places that can get waterlogged and take remedial actions. I guess they never will! sigh!

At around 5:30pm, the service road near Ramamurthy Nagar/Kasturi Nagar going towards NGEF was totally jammed with vehicles coming from all directions and trying to criss-cross each other.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 6th May 2016 at 19:24.
Old 6th May 2016, 19:59   #11363
BHPian

Agara to Bellandur was packed and crawling at ~6.30 p.m. There was some problem on Ecospace flyover, saw some smoke over it and no vehicles coming towards Agara from Marthahalli.
Old 6th May 2016, 20:04   #11364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Agara to Bellandur was packed and crawling at ~6.30 p.m. There was some problem on Ecospace flyover, saw some smoke over it and no vehicles coming towards Agara from Marthahalli.
Got this on WhatsApp. Looks like a car caught fire on the Intel flyover towards Belandur. I passed at 5.30 and did not see this. Must have happened just after.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20160506wa0022.jpg
Old 6th May 2016, 20:20   #11365
BHPian

There was a massive jam at the Sarjapur Flyover- the one you take while going from Ecospace towards HSR, around 4.15 in the afternoon. The pile up started from much before the Shell pump, and as usual a bus breakdown (Volvo) on top of the flyover was the culprit. For some reason though, traffic continued at a slow pace even after crossing the broken down bus.
Old 6th May 2016, 20:49   #11366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got this on WhatsApp. Looks like a car caught fire on the Intel flyover towards Belandur. I passed at 5.30 and did not see this. Must have happened just after.

Moments before:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3967808

Sad that it got gutted completely.

Read the tweet from Karnataka Fire Dept that a fire tender was sent to spot, wonder how it could reach this spot before the car turned into ashes.

Last edited by bejoy : 6th May 2016 at 20:51.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 21:13   #11367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

I only agree partially. We should not zip past bikers. But I dont agree with letting people pass through dangerously. Rather it's safer for a two wheeler to maintain a steady pace. the way they try to zip past bigger vehicles scares me. Today I could witness such incidents all over my way home. At least my car has ABS to help me slow down for such people. But the same thing in front of a bigger vehicle or the usual cabs will be a dangerous thing.

And yes for the record today was a grueling two hour drive home. And like a fool I decided to leave office late.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:19   #11368
Senior - BHPian

Today was the most pathetic day of driving for me. I started from my office located in EC by 7 pm and reached home near lalbagh at 9:05 pm. Traffic snarls near silkboard, madiwala and forum. But what surprised me was the long line of traffic starting from flyover at nimhans all the way till lalbagh main gate. Phew! I was not angry as the weather was nice and for once I was happy driving with my windows down.

P.S : Was a little concerned towards the end of the drive as the thermostat indicator was very close to the high temperature mark. Any help on this guys? My drive is a fiat palio stile.
Old 6th May 2016, 22:35   #11369
Distinguished - BHPian

As others have pointed out, BBMP/BWSSB/KEB have been caught asleep. They have literally done nothing in the weeks before rains were predicted to occur, whereas they should've been busy in cleaning out the choked drains, preventive maintenance of trees etc. One medium-sized rain and I had to literally wade through the narrow by-lanes in the car, power was down as well with no streetlights and the headlights were hardly effective when the car was submerged almost 1 foot in water. I also witnessed a couple of tree-falls and power lines getting cut as a result.

Today's rain was perhaps 60% of what a heavy rainfall would be like, such inefficacy by the assorted group of city development authorities will ensure that maximum collateral damage happens every single day, bringing commuting to a grinding halt and inconveniencing even life at home to a great extent.

I realize that earlier I used to mock the city for such faults, but the fault isn't of the city's, it is of those that claim to manage it. Bangalore is my home and it always was, I've seen a side to it that very few can be lucky to see today. It hurts me personally to see my home being destroyed between those that cannot manage it and those that manage to destroy it, all the while blaming each other for the same.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:37   #11370
Team-BHP Support

While the BBMP idiots are pouring funds literally down the drain redoing perfectly fine drains across various parts of the city, nothing's been done for actual vulnerable spots. All underpasses across town are flooded causing horrible traffic chaos.

I'd love to dunk a few of these idiot bureaucrats in their own spanking new drains

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks