Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 18:32   #11776
Senior - BHPian

Heavy traffic from Maratahalli towards Ecospace side. Not sure what is the issue.
Old 17th June 2016, 19:41   #11777
BHPian

3 years ago when I shifted my place of work from EPIP to Malleshwaram, I felt liked I was blessed. My daily commute from Indiranagar to Malleshwaram in the morning takes only 35 mins and in the evenings less than 1 hour. Very predictable traffic.
Now it seems construction for the Steel flyover has received a green signal, another sure disaster and years of construction and traffic mayhem.
http://m.deccanherald.com/articles.p...ets-green.html
Hoping the metro would connect Majestic and Malleshwaram at the earlier.
Old 17th June 2016, 22:13   #11778
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Heavy traffic from Maratahalli towards Ecospace side. Not sure what is the issue.
It doesn't need any reason for such heavy traffic on that stretch. I avoid that timing or the stretch to escape from the crawling traffic
Old 17th June 2016, 22:24   #11779
BHPian

In whitefield, on the road from the ATM junction to ABB the divider that existed has been demolished and dumped on the footpaths. This is the respect that pedestrians are given!!! Dump anything in their way so they are forced to walk on the road. I don't even know what purpose it serves. It has just added another lane to the existing unruly traffic here.
I feel that for this road, the footpaths should be widened and then it should be converted into a 3-lane road. 2-lanes compulsorily turning left and one lane turning right. That way the traffic would be lesser. Currently, there are 4 lanes turning left into 2 lanes. Breaking the divider has created kind of a 5th lane.
Old 18th June 2016, 10:32   #11780
BHPian

Have a look at this, Silk board junction, coming from ecity, biker comes from the blocked U turn illegally and then takes on the volvo to cut across to BTM, to save some 5 minutes!!
Old 19th June 2016, 18:32   #11781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Have a look at this, Silk board junction, coming from ecity, biker comes from the blocked U turn illegally and then takes on the volvo to cut across to BTM, to save some 5 minutes!!
Coming in the wrong direction is nothing unusual on Bangalore roads. As a matter of fact look at the Bommanahalli junction. Vehicles coming from Mangamanapalya towards silk board continue to come in the wrong direction at any time of the day. Sometimes the cops are helpless on this
Old 19th June 2016, 19:33   #11782
BHPian

Got to see the following links about Metro.

http://bmrc.co.in/pdf/tenders/phase2/geotechkrpuram.pdf
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...df&h=bAQEDs7PJ

Wonder, Are they planning to include this in earlier phases?
Old 19th June 2016, 20:42   #11783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Got to see the following links about Metro.

http://bmrc.co.in/pdf/tenders/phase2/geotechkrpuram.pdf
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...df&h=bAQEDs7PJ

Wonder, Are they planning to include this in earlier phases?
I also saw this. Looks like there is definitely a discussion happening. This came in Hindu a couple of days back

Quote:
The Metro link to Outer Ring Road might not have been included in Phase II but it has definitely not been ruled out as a possible option as the topic came up for discussion at the High-Powered Committee meeting for Namma Metro on Thursday.The vital link, which would help thousands of employees working along the Outer Ring Road, was not included in Phase II, but after requests for a link, BMRCL started looking for different means to finance this line that was then planned for development side by side with phase II.
Hope it happens. With the extension to Whitefield and the new line from Jayadeva to Electronic City already in Phase 2. Addition of this stretch will provide seamless connectivity between Electronic City, ORR and Whitefield and also connect these areas with the CBD areas.

An alignment from KR Puram to Silk Board should be comparatively straightforward since the ORR is consistent and wide along this stretch. The lines can run along the medians almost through out and land acquisition should be minimal. Finally the split flyovers may have some benefit.

Source: Hindu
Old 19th June 2016, 21:07   #11784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I .

An alignment from KR Puram to Silk Board should be comparatively straightforward since the ORR is consistent and wide along this stretch. The lines can run along the medians almost through out and land acquisition should be minimal. Finally the split flyovers may have some benefit.

Source: Hindu
The split flyovers will rather be a problem IMO. The space in between them is too narrow for metro and the pillars if pitched here will render the already narrow center roads unusable.

This is where planning in the city is senseless. Consider ecospace - where will the train go?

1. In between the flyover? If only BBMP had some future planning, they should have provided support in between the flyover for a viaduct to be created so that the work would habe been faster. The same system has been done in Jaipur. Road and metro share the same pillar and is a multi level system. Here, the metro could have got its own viaduct between the flyovers, but without separate pillars of its own.

2. To one side of the road - The pillars should either be laid between tye the service road and main road, or to the other side of rhe the service road which will mean more property acquisition.

Now, they just constructed the skywalk. Either this should be dismantled or the train should go over it which is a doubt. Planning is chaos in bangalore.

EDIT: I see that ORR is currently in the hands of the BDA and not BBMP. So that's just another confusion.

Last edited by audioholic : 19th June 2016 at 21:09.
Old 19th June 2016, 22:16   #11785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The split flyovers will rather be a problem IMO. The space in between them is too narrow for metro and the pillars if pitched here will render the already narrow center roads unusable.
Yes, I thought so too. Plus, where will the stations be? Land on either side of the ORR is so expensive that attempting to acquire will only lead to major court battles. The other option is to build the station entirely on top of the ORR with only steps/lift access from the sides of the roads. Even then, it is not entirely clear to me how access will be given to passengers from both sides of the roads, to both directions of metro.

And Marathahalli would deserve a station, but if the alignment follows ORR - where will that station be? For the metro to be a success it should be easy to switch over to BMTC and vice versa - which means that the station will have to be near the junction atop the bridge. But where? How can the metro cross Varthur Road here without completely blocking the junction for many months?
Old 20th June 2016, 07:11   #11786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes, I thought so too. Plus, where will the stations be? Land on either side of the ORR is so expensive that attempting to acquire will only lead to major court battles. The other option is to build the station entirely on top of the ORR with only steps/lift access from the sides of the roads. Even then, it is not entirely clear to me how access will be given to passengers from both sides of the roads, to both directions of metro.

And Marathahalli would deserve a station, but if the alignment follows ORR - where will that station be? For the metro to be a success it should be easy to switch over to BMTC and vice versa - which means that the station will have to be near the junction atop the bridge. But where? How can the metro cross Varthur Road here without completely blocking the junction for many months?
To begin with the authorities should start focusing on introducing sub urban railway. t should not cost them a bomb to develop Heelalige, Panathur railway stations. Plus Whitefiled station has an extra platform. While they ponder over the metro alignment on ORR, the suburban rail can kick off
Old 20th June 2016, 08:25   #11787
Distinguished - BHPian

saw this of Facebook hence sharing here
Quote:
Attention Bangaloreans!!! to those commuting to RMZ ECOSPACE. Today while returning home after night duty I found the space between main road and service road in front of ecospace dug up completely. Just one car space towards entry from ORR and one car space of exit just before the bellandur flyover was all left. Expect huge snarls tomorrow. Brace yourselves for some horror Monday
Source - Arun Ramaswamy - Facebook HVK group
Old 20th June 2016, 08:46   #11788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Just encountered this - brace for a big man made disaster today evening. And if it rains God help all.
Old 20th June 2016, 09:25   #11789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Had seen this mess on Saturday evening. Even at that time there was a small jam.

Just passing in the opposite direction. As of now traffic backed up from Ecospace all the way to Kadubeesanahalli underpass. Expect chaos in the evening.
Old 20th June 2016, 10:39   #11790
Distinguished - BHPian

This is already the scene at 1030! If it rains.....
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-orr-1030.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th June 2016 at 10:41. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks