Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 23:48   #11956
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Otherwise I'd want BTP to install traffic lights at exit points of such places - Ecospace is one, Phoenix Market City is another. With long reds for people attempting to exit the place.
How about a very long red to exit the place from wherever you exit from? I can have similar issues regarding employees exiting from EGL/ Dell on intermediate ring road, various campus near Dairy circle, IBM @ subramanya arcade etc. Many moons ago, I used to work out of Manyata, and even at that point, a mass of vehicles entering and exiting Manyata would inconvenience other road users who were passing by.

Yes, I work out of ecospace, and yes all of us working there (no choice) are fed up as well... go figure.
Old 29th June 2016, 23:50   #11957
BHPian

Yes, I have just moved into Ecoworld and for those who are unaware about what lies inside of it, the picture is quite scary. Huge buildings are on the verge of completion and even the one I have moved into isn't fully occupied. My guess is that it will take another 1 year for the capacity to get filled up. I really wonder how things will be managed post that. Discussions about traffic have taken precedence over work in some of these offices in Ecospace/Ecoworld. India desperately needs a few more IT hubs to come up.
explorer09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 00:11   #11958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
The worst part about Ecospace traffic is that this is known since a year or two and nobody is talking about implementable long term solutions - only rhetoric and plans that will never see the light of day.
Well, if solution found for silkboard in last 10 years is any indication, you know the fate of ORR
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 00:50   #11959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
If people plan to group together and sue the builder for such a stupid goof up by allowing so many offices and a single exit, count me in. And guess what they are making more offices inside to add just that extra pinch of hell to all your lives people. Wonder who allows them despite the extreme pain it gives to and fro for the ORR commuters everyday.
I guess you haven't heard.. the mantra is bottom-line. In real estate where land is either scarce or expensive builders want to make the most of it and its happening everywhere.. like how HP expanded in Electronics City as did Siemens, how NetApp squeezed into what was originally intended to be a free space in EGLP and likewise with the massive RMZ Ecospace which keeps on trying to utilize every square inch of space. I also think that while two exits may help, it will still be bad nonetheless simply because every access road in that belly of hell is as big of a nightmare as the other.

I understand what you're saying and I've said it before too, but it isn't going to stop.. the ORR will keep expanding, growing till it bursts at its seams. Flyovers will be made to "show" the public that the government "cares", but the reality is that flyovers create a jam 2x worse than a jam without it in the next signal. With the unholy trinity of Bellandur, Whitefield & Electronics City, nearby areas like HSR, Koramangala and Indiranagar will take massive collateral damage.. ecologically and in every other sense. Why did the government approve close to 2/3rds of the tech offices of the whole 700 sq.km city, within an area of roughly 50 sq.km in the south-east is anybody's question. We're all bordering on the trite here debating, discussing passionately the problems that are happening at this end while in reality its only getting worse with each passing day. While I used to travel to Electronics City during a time when the journey was relatively smooth and quick I'm only grateful that I'm no longer required to visit the unholy trinity anymore for official purposes. The soul of whatever Bangalore used to be, is long gone.. its all about the printed notes now. It hurts me more than anyone can imagine having grown up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Well, if solution found for silkboard in last 10 years is any indication, you know the fate of ORR
Welcome to Silly-Con Valley.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 07:44   #11960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Is there any section on this journey where you are actually moving at a steady pace? I will be surprised if you are. I thought my journey from Cox Town was Whitefield was bad.

Gottigere to Whitefield can't be less than 30km. Two hours is a bit much mayte to be spending on the road. You really need to consider relocating to Whitefield or some place closer to your work spot.
I don't move at any steady speed at all, its like playing a big puzzle game with cars on the road. The only section where I move a bit is after Ecospace and before Sarjapur Road junction Flyover.

Gottigere to My office is 32 KMS and I have been commuting on this route for close to 14 years now. Things were never so bad and its only going to get worst.

Shifting if Whitefield is not an option for me anymore as I am well settled in Gottigere, infact I was born and brought up in this area. But, I can change the company though
Old 30th June 2016, 08:41   #11961
BHPian

The service road towards Ecospace on Intel office side has been relaid half-way and that managed to reduce the congestion today morning, I guess the full road will be relaid soon as I saw road paving materials still present.
Old 30th June 2016, 08:52   #11962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Shifting if Whitefield is not an option for me anymore as I am well settled in Gottigere
Ah yes. It is a similar story for some of my buddies at work. They've bought houses or are living with their folks. Moving to Whitefield means they need to blow nothing less than 25k a month for a decent apartment. Depends on how you look at it but for most folks, they'll deal with the traffic even if it means travelling half way around Bangalore to reach home.

I rent but I just can't see myself move to Whitefield even though I am sure of getting a better and bigger house.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:31   #11963
BHPian

My drive today morning from JP Nagar to Ecospace was better. It still took me over an hour (left at 7.20 am, reached by 8.35 am), but I was actually driving. Not sure if the traffic was light, or if it was due to a different route that I took.

When I reached the Jayadeva flyover (from Mandovi motors side), I saw traffic piling up, so I continued straight towards dairy circle and went all the way to St Johns- Krupanidhi college- Backside of Agara lake, to reach the lane below HSR flyover. It was a decent drive till HSR, where i was able to reach 60, on the stretch behind Agara lake.

Plan to take this route for a few more days to see if it is always like this.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:36   #11964
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but if this incident actually resulted in the loss of a life, then IMHO the traffic cops are to blame as they could have stopped the CMs convoy for a few minutes. Shows the priority that public servants have today - job over someone's life

P.S: I respect the crap that traffic police have to deal with on a daily basis given the traffic situation but this is just total bullshit from the cops.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:56   #11965
BHPian

I travel from EC to BG road using the Begur road. Multiple craters have appeared on this stretch now. Yesterday, there was massive traffic held up due to a HUGE pothole.
A Ciaz with a 'L' board overtakes everyone and causes more uproar for the oncoming traffic.
I simply cannot understand. Is the 'L' board supposed to signify new to driving or new to common sense
Old 30th June 2016, 10:01   #11966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

P.S: I respect the crap that traffic police have to deal with on a daily basis given the traffic situation but this is just total bullshit from the cops.
Its a tough situation for the police. I really pity them. They are doing their job which is to prevent any vehicle from entering the road when any of the high and mighty pass by.
They should also be told that emergency vehicle can actually be allowed since it a life and death situation for the person in the ambulance and not the VVIP passing by.
Given the habit people have of following ambulances to get a clear way in the traffic also is to be blamed for the cops' reaction. All said and done its sad the way affairs are for VVIPs in our country.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:28   #11967
Senior - BHPian

The width of the peripheral ring road that the govt is building which will have 8 lanes has been reduced by 25 metres. This is to allow the space for commercial development. If you look at NICE road (which will form half part of this on one side), lack of commercial development keeps the road clear without parking etc on either side of the road.

The people in power seem to lack even a little bit of common sense and come up with stupid developments which ends of inconveniencing people more in the name of development. Ultimately 'development' is for development (we know for whom ) sake only.

All types of puncture shops (who we know encourage puncturing by throwing nails) and shabby shops come up on either side of roads and spoil the free movement of traffic.

Last edited by srishiva : 30th June 2016 at 10:29.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 10:29   #11968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hopefully this bails out our future generation from the ORR mess:

Source: Deccan Herald
This is just an eye wash - this is not going to happen.
Either it will be a change of guard or elections soon and it will be back to square one.

Where there is a will (not to do anything good), there is always a way.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:51   #11969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks
My drive today morning from JP Nagar to Ecospace was better. It still took me over an hour (left at 7.20 am, reached by 8.35 am), but I was actually driving. Not sure if the traffic was light, or if it was due to a different route that I took.
My drive from EC side towards ITPL was also a breeze today. Don't know what happened. Left home by around 0900Hrs and reached ITPL by 1000Hrs. And that is even with a 15 min breakfast break!!! Even the ITPL parking lot looked a bit empty today. Is there a holiday some where?? Or is it that yesterday's rains made many people opt for "work from home".

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj
then IMHO the traffic cops are to blame as they could have stopped the CMs convoy for a few minutes. Shows the priority that public servants have today - job over someone's life
Are you suggesting that the police officers should have risked their job and tried to save the sick person? Well in that case why blame them alone? How many others (who all have jobs) actually even help in moving an accident victim to the hospital? Every one just carries on with their jobs, after perhaps taking a few snaps on the mobile phone.

The police all said and done are part of the Indian system. A police man values his job just like an IT engineer or a Bank Clerk. So if a police man had allowed the ambulance to pass, the system today is in such a way that it would work against the police man. There would be no one (including the superior officers) who would stand with him and support him. I don't want to bring in politics here, but the way things have been moving in KA for some time the political class really do not care for any one. To misquote Late Field Marshal Phil Chetwode -
"The safety, honour and welfare of Me & Myself come first, always and every time.
The honour, welfare and comfort of the chamchas I command come next.
My own country's ease, comfort and safety come last, always and every time."

Last edited by sachinpk : 30th June 2016 at 10:52.
Old 30th June 2016, 11:21   #11970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
There was a traffic signal on the richmond flyover but traffic wasn't diverted on the wrong side...
Thanks for clarifying, but it sure felt dizzy there.

For nostalgia's sake : http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...gnal-free.html.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks