Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 09:06   #13981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Avoid Tannery Road by Car, even if it's a detour of 3-4 kms. I only take a 2 wheeler through this Road, since it's narrow and jam packed all the time. Alternate route would be through HBR Layout and Cox Town.
Very sound advice. There is very high scope for minor scratches from the badly driven 2 & 3 wheelers plus the BMTC buses which bully through. Also, if I remember correctly there is a level crossing which can be a nightmare if closed.

Please avoid for peace of mind unless totally unavoidable!
Old 4th May 2017, 09:51   #13982
Senior - BHPian

Advice: Folks who plan to drive down the Whitefield Main Road, or in the areas near ITPB etc. expect traffic blocks & traffic jams from around 1030Hrs to 1230Hrs. The new Whitefield Police Station (L&O) is getting inaugurated. The building is at Whitefield Main road near Goldy's Gym. The CM & HM etc. is supposed to come to the venue.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 11:13   #13983
BHPian

Can anybody confirm if the sewage drain work on Adugodi main road is completed? As per BTP, it was supposed to be done by April 30th.
Old 4th May 2017, 11:33   #13984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack View Post
There is No toll if you take the same route to and from airport. During entry you have collect a receipt from the toll booth and during exit you just have to produce it in the toll booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
This a regular route through Budigere that people from Whitefield or that part of the city take. I have used it couple of times. No issues. Never used after dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
If you approach the airport from Devanahalli you don't have to pay toll if returning the same route as pointed out by MidnightBlack. All you have to do is collect a receipt on the up-ramp towards the airport and produce the same on the way back at the toll booth at the bottom of the circular down ramp. They actually have a separate lane for people with this receipt to the left which is blocked with a plastic barricade.

During daylight hours I only use the Budigere cross route. It's slightly longer than the regular Hebbal route for say someone living in Indiranagar but is a stress free drive on a nice county road.
Thank you all the replies.
Old 4th May 2017, 11:46   #13985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Can anybody confirm if the sewage drain work on Adugodi main road is completed? As per BTP, it was supposed to be done by April 30th.
Nope not done yet. This is my regular route and I too am waiting for the mess to clear up.
Old 4th May 2017, 11:52   #13986
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Traveled on Hennur Road recently (after several years) and was pleasantly surprised to find the road has been widened and has a median running through. I went on this road about 2-3Km past Kothanur where there was some GAIL pipeline work in progress on the left lanes and there was a diversion. The connecting road from Thanisandra (Narayanapura I think) also seemed to be wide and merges near the Salarpuria Gold Summit apartment.

The flyover across the Outer Ring Road is not yet complete, but seems like it will be a reality soon, since space has been earmarked for the down ramp.
Old 4th May 2017, 12:54   #13987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Traveled on Hennur Road recently (after several years) and was pleasantly surprised to find the road has been widened and has a median running through. I went on this road about 2-3Km past Kothanur where there was some GAIL pipeline work in progress on the left lanes and there was a diversion. The connecting road from Thanisandra (Narayanapura I think) also seemed to be wide and merges near the Salarpuria Gold Summit apartment.

The flyover across the Outer Ring Road is not yet complete, but seems like it will be a reality soon, since space has been earmarked for the down ramp.
The road was widened few years ago as part of the Airport link road. However, the surface is bad in most parts.
The flyover work re-started few months ago, but looks like it is ground to a halt again now. This and the Baiyapanahalli flyover are in contention for longest delay in building a flyover.
Old 4th May 2017, 13:50   #13988
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
However, the surface is bad in most parts.
No, it had new tarmac all the way from the entry on Outer Ring Road till Kothanur, so I guess the work was done recently

Only a small stretch near Kothanur has a diversion due to GAIL pipeline work.
Old 4th May 2017, 23:46   #13989
BHPian

What was wrong today at ORR. Had more work and left office at 10.30 thinking I can zoom my Dominar, but was very disappointed to see the traffic like at 7 PM. Any heads up?
Old 5th May 2017, 06:11   #13990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
What was wrong today at ORR. Had more work and left office at 10.30 thinking I can zoom my Dominar, but was very disappointed to see the traffic like at 7 PM. Any heads up?
Not sure which part of ORR you used. There is some maintenance work on the entry ramp to old airport road, if you are traveling north from Kadubeesanahalli/Bellandur. Some vehicle was parked on the left blocking a lane on the service road just at the ORR exit to the entry ramp. I experienced quite a bit of congestion at 7 PM on the ORR as well as the service lane.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 13:14   #13991
BHPian

Wanted to talk about the poor state of street illumination on so many of our roads.

Some of the roads that were small lanes but are major roads now still have poor lighting. Same is the case with Service roads and roads under the flyovers. You are left playing guessing games and being extra cautious.

I had to take our kid last night to Sakra hospital late last night due to some allergic reaction. I missed the left turn into below Bellandur flyover due to poor lighting and had to take a long detour to come back again.

Atleast roads to hospitals etc. which people maybe taking in a hurry should be well lit with clear directions.
Old 5th May 2017, 18:26   #13992
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Unbearable travel last night coming back from the airport.
Terrible traffic indeed.

Seriously, it is time to think of getting out of this crappy city and its pathetic infrastructure despite the huge taxes we pay on everything.
Karnataka is probably the worst administered state in the whole wide world.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:45   #13993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Unbearable travel last night coming back from the airport.
Terrible traffic indeed.
What time? I landed at around 9:15 PM and took an Uber at 10 after having dinner; reached home at 11:30 which is a bit delayed but not much (extra pileup at KR Puram).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
I had to take our kid last night to Sakra hospital late last night due to some allergic reaction. I missed the left turn into below Bellandur flyover due to poor lighting and had to take a long detour to come back again.
That left turn is a one-way anyway; the approach to Sakra when coming from Bellandur side is to cross the flyover towards the far (Marathahalli side) end, and just before the flyover touches down there is a sharp left turn that takes you to Sakra, Bellandur & Kariammana Agrahara.

I guess you could have simply executed a three-point turn and returned on the service lane itself if you missed this route. No need to go all the way till Kadubisanahalli and return on the other side of ORR. I think they consider service lane stretches that do not serve as approach roads to junctions as two-way.
Old 5th May 2017, 19:11   #13994
BHPian

Those in ecospace, it's better to walk out. My wife started from her office in ecospace at 5:20 and it took her 1.5 hrs to get out of the office all because a bus broke down under the flyover.
Old 5th May 2017, 19:24   #13995
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks working in Ecospace offices - how do you manage to get in and out of office each day ?

What would be a good route to enter the campus (starting from near HAL Market, so take Old Airport Road-Bellandur via Yemalur or Old Airport Road-Marathahalli ?) and the route to exit in the evenings ? What are the good times in the mornings and evenings when traffic is manageable ?

I've heard horror stories, so quite concerned about commuting and hence all the questions

Last edited by NPV : 5th May 2017 at 19:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks