Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:38   #451
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I received this message from VM-VAHAAN :

Has any law been changed with regards to PUC? AFAIK, there were no delay fees charged for PUC and fine would be imposed only if the vehicle is plying on the road without a PUC.
There were some talks about delay fee for expired PUC. Some states wanted on per day basis and some on monthly basis of delay. This is similar to the RC renewal delay fine. Vaahan was planned to collect the delay fee online. From the message, looks like it is implemented by some States.
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:09   #452
BHPian

I have noticed a strange way of how PUC does not update in Parivahan app or website, if done from Karnataka state.
I have taken PUC for my car as well as 2 motorcycles from 3 different pollution centers in Bangalore City. However, even after 2 weeks of waiting, this PUC details just wouldn't get updated in mParivahan. This issue was also faced by a friend who did the PUC test from Udupi.

When I had a chance to take the car(KL Regd) and 1 motorcycle(KA regd) to Kerala after this 2 week period, I decided to try a PUC test again from Kerala and the PUC details got updated in mParivahan in around 15 minutes!

Is it some sort of a scam that the Bangalore PUC centers are running? The PUC center in Kerala specifically told me that they have to do the PUC test through parivahan website now and the details are immediately updated online, where as the Bangalore guys do it with their own software. Anyone has noticed this and is there any place in Bangalore who does PUC test after logging into parivahan website and details are immediately updated ?
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:28   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Is it some sort of a scam that the Bangalore PUC centers are running? The PUC center in Kerala specifically told me that they have to do the PUC test through parivahan website now and the details are immediately updated online, where as the Bangalore guys do it with their own software. Anyone has noticed this and is there any place in Bangalore who does PUC test after logging into parivahan website and details are immediately updated ?
KA has a separate PUC database where the details get updated. You can access your PUC data at http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ReportingUser/Scgr1.aspx. I had the same doubt when I lived in Bangalore, and had asked this question back then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I got my 2 stroke bike's PUC done from the Indian Oil bunk beside Forum Mall on the Hosur Road side, but while my bike passed the test without any adjustments, the test result never got updated online. I do have the original certificate with a 6 month validity though. Does PUC data in Bangalore not get updated on Vahan or do I need to get my next PUC done from a different place?
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:21   #454

Quote:
KA has a separate PUC database where the details get updated. You can access your PUC data at http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ReportingUser/Scgr1.aspx. I had the same doubt when I lived in Bangalore, and had asked this question back then:
Thanks for the link. Interestingly, all data including name and mobile number are available from this site just from the RC number.
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:11   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that. While I missed that post of yours, its kind of weird as they could have used the Vaahan portal to update the details so we can use the mParivahan app to show it to the cops.
The issue with that was the RTO where I registered my car continuously sends me text messages every other day asking me to update PUC(because its not reflected in Vahan) or I will have to pay a fine!
Old 7th September 2022, 13:59   #456
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends

I transferred my big bike from Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar) RTO to Meerut RTO in 2015 as I was 2nd owner of the bike. I am also getting this error of "Registration number more than 1 rto" while trying to get PUC done at Meerut even though the bike was transferred within UP only. The bike also shows up properly in mParivahan app in my name. I checked with local RTO also and they say the records are updated properly in Meerut RTO. Seems like the data at Noida RTO was not deleted/updated properly for this error and I do not have time to go to Noida RTO. If someone could HELP me towards some person or agent who could update my data at Noida RTO, I would be most obliged.

Thanks in advance. Cheers...
Old 4th November 2022, 20:15   #457
BHPian

Mine is Vitara Brezza 2021 BS6. Dealer says PUC is not required for BS6. After 1 year I have done the PUC, but the mParivan app is not reflecting the same. It says N/A. Is PUC mandatory for BS6 after 1 year?
Old 4th November 2022, 20:34   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Mine is Vitara Brezza 2021 BS6. Dealer says PUC is not required for BS6. After 1 year I have done the PUC, but the mParivan app is not reflecting the same. It says N/A. Is PUC mandatory for BS6 after 1 year?
BS6 vehicles needs yearly tests.

Which state did you get the PUC done? mParivahan shows the PUC status of the tests done from states that have implemented the central PUC tests.

e.g, if I get the test from Kerala, the status is immediately updated in Central database, however not the case if done in Karnataka(status shows NA in mParivahan). Karnataka has implemented their own PUC testing and maintains a state database and can be checked in their RTO portal. KA RTO department has twisted the rules for BS4 vehicles by not giving 1 year valid certificate, but that's a different topic.

Last edited by bejoy : 4th November 2022 at 20:37.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 20:36   #459
BHPian

Thanks. I have done it in TN.
Old 5th November 2022, 00:58   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Hello friends

I transferred my big bike from Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar) RTO to Meerut RTO in 2015 as I was 2nd owner of the bike. I am also getting this error of "Registration number more than 1 rto" while trying to get PUC done at Meerut even though the bike was transferred within UP only.
Well, this is the same error my PUC guy in Bangalore was talking about when I asked about the data not appearing in mParivahan. And this is the reason KA has not yet integrated with parivahan. I thought he was talking BS but looks like it is indeed an issue. Could be some software/process glitch with some state RTO's.
Old 5th November 2022, 07:06   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Well, this is the same error my PUC guy in Bangalore was talking about when I asked about the data not appearing in mParivahan. And this is the reason KA has not yet integrated with parivahan. I thought he was talking BS but looks like it is indeed an issue. Could be some software/process glitch with some state RTO's.
Well it got sorted out easily at my local RTO when I went there personally and gave a application. They just updated the records with the press of a button on their computer and voila 5 minutes later PUC was being done without issues.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:54   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My annual entry to this thread.
My yearly update to this thread.

Got my PUC done for my BS4 terrano diesel from kerala. Validity 1 year. Cost Rs 130 (last year was Rs110) and was able to confirm that it is reflecting in the parivahan website.

Went to a different location as the last location had sensor issue and were not doing it.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-3dbbcc5a9b254926b8780356767ac5e2.jpeg

Last edited by SideView : 13th December 2022 at 23:57.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:09   #463
BHPian

My Gixxer is a BS4 vehicle but somehow the PUC database has been updated as BS2. Everytime I get a PUC done, the validity is only for 6 months as opposed to 1 year for BS4 vehicles. On asking the PUC centre to change it to BS4 they say it has to be done by RTO and can't be changed by them. Is this correct or am I being taken for a ride? If it has to be done at the RTO, can someone guide me on the procedure for the same?
If it can be changed at the PUC itself, can people in Chennai recommend a good PUC in Kilpauk/Chetpet/T.Nagar/Nungambakkam.

PUC Location - Spurtank Road IOC, Chetpet

Thank you,
alphamike_1612

Last edited by alphamike_1612 : 15th December 2022 at 11:10. Reason: Spelling error.
alphamike_1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:52   #464
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post

PUC Location - Spurtank Road IOC, Chetpet

Thank you,
alphamike_1612
My Cooper and Gypsy are both BS4.
However I am able to get only 6 months PUC each time for these. My Thar is BS6 and it is 22 months old. According to the records the PUC was expired. I just got a new 1 year PUC for it.
Old 16th December 2022, 16:02   #465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Renewed from the same guy for another year. I handed him the certificate he issued last year, didn't need to say anything else. INR 90 as prescribed, no haggling/bribing.
Another renewal. 1 year, no questions asked. Fee has gone up (115 INR).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks