Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 12:11   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I have decided to get back to face-nagging (nagging like an old hag on FB) Pune traffic police every day until they take some action on offenders in Hinjewadi...
Old 10th January 2012, 12:49   #947
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there any revision of timings for HCVs? I enter Hinjewadi at around 1015 and am facing a lot more jams than before (M9 route) possibly due to HCVs, if anyone has any such info kindly let me know so that I could plan accordingly.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:54   #948
Senior - BHPian

HCVs can be spotted as early as 7.30 pm on the M9 route (while returning too). They are diligently stopped from 5pm to say, till it darkens, but they are let through soon after I guess. No idea about morning hours.
The ban was from 7-10 AM and 5-9pm I guess.
Butttt....ban or no ban, doesnt seem to stop dumpers and cement mixers, which have the worst drivers at their wheels amongst all CV drivers. Max HCV accidents within city limits are caused by dumpers.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:04   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Check with save pune traffic. There are Hinjewadi guys who work along with the STP people. Google for Save pune traffic and you can get their website as well as yahoo groups. I was in a meeting ages back when i used to be in Hinjewadi. We used to take up the issues with the SEZ folks who used to pull up the traffic police, truckers, road contractors etc when collectively voiced the concerns. Everytime these guys pull them up, there's police who regulate, trucks are barred (except during non office hours), roads repaired etc.
Thanks MX6; we need more persons like you to take it forward.

Quote:
With STP, we started on small things. There was a mission dusvi pass (mission 10th pass). WIth every class standing for one road rule to be educated to general public. The first two classes being stopping motorists before stop line when signal turning red and not letting people turn left in junctions where there's no free left.
Recent effort has been started under 'Save 100 Lives'; read more here. You might have read an article in TOI-Pune on page 3 of 5th Jan issue.
If anyone from Hinjewadi wants to support usage of helmets in their company, please do let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
About STP, yes, Im aware of their work for some time now. Problem, as MX6 stated is, a few days down the road, its all back to square one.
If more persons join the movement now, we will be to change things faster & have consistent state.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:14   #950
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Thanks MX6; we need more persons like you to take it forward.

Recent effort has been started under 'Save 100 Lives'; read more here. You might have read an article in TOI-Pune on page 3 of 5th Jan issue.
If anyone from Hinjewadi wants to support usage of helmets in their company, please do let me know.
That's what you guys are all still there for! Carry on the good work. Good to hear from you after a long time Sukiwa. How's the bird photography going on?

BTW, another thing that my ex-company started insisting was a helmet on every head that comes by bike. Else entry in to the campus was not allowed. But then the employees found a shortcut. The helmets used to hang on the handle bars all the way from home till entry to ph-2. Then used to go on to the heads only before the security can see them.

So that's a good initative that you guys have started - save 100 lives.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:43   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

If more persons join the movement now, we will be to change things faster & have consistent state.
Joined the group on Saturday and have requested for the sticker as well. Hoping to be an active participant in all the activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The helmets used to hang on the handle bars all the way from home till entry to ph-2. Then used to go on to the heads only before the security can see them.
Yup this is also observed in my organization. When will these guys learn??
Old 11th January 2012, 09:36   #952
BHPian

New fashion trend: Someone spitted from one of the company bus onto my car
Utterly disgusting.
Additionally at times these company buses are driven without a care about other vehicles or traffic rules. I urge the passengers to kindly urge these bus drivers to drive cautiously, as it paints a poor picture of your company.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:54   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
New fashion trend: Someone spitted from one of the company bus onto my car
All I can say is sir, atleast you were not on a bike.

There are so many people breaking the law, they create their own traffic jams on the wrong side. Its so sad, its almost funny.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image219.jpg
Old 11th January 2012, 11:29   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New fashion trend: Someone spitted from one of the company bus onto my car. Utterly disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
All I can say is sir, atleast you were not on a bike.
There are so many people breaking the law, they create their own traffic jams on the wrong side. Its so sad, its almost funny.
One more vote for not having sun roofs in India.
Ojas, that photo makes someone think its a converted one way road. May be it is time that some of these roads are officially converted to one way roads during peak hours. Obviusly direction of traffic will change in the evenings.
Or all those coming up the wrong way get their vehicles confiscated, left on the roadside for 48 hours at owners risk. And they get fined 1% of their vehicle OTR cost.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:33   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
One more vote for not having sun roofs in India.
Ojas, that photo makes someone think its a converted one way road. May be it is time that some of these roads are officially converted to one way roads during peak hours. Obviusly direction of traffic will change in the evenings.
Or all those coming up the wrong way get their vehicles confiscated, left on the roadside for 48 hours at owners risk. And they get fined 1% of their vehicle OTR cost.

Thankfully my car's sunroof was closed though the spit landed on the rear passenger door
Old 11th January 2012, 12:34   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Additionally at times these company buses are driven without a care about other vehicles or traffic rules. I urge the passengers to kindly urge these bus drivers to drive cautiously, as it paints a poor picture of your company.
At times? Arent you a bit too optimistic? These guys drive rash every single time, they are on the roads! I suppose, the compnay gives them rights to the roads alongwith the contract!
Old 11th January 2012, 13:42   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
At times? Arent you a bit too optimistic? These guys drive rash every single time, they are on the roads! I suppose, the compnay gives them rights to the roads alongwith the contract!

I think as a solution, we tbhpians should circulate internal mails within our companies to urge the passengers of the buses to assess/ensure whether the driver is following traffic rules and not driving rash.

Few years ago when I used to take company bus (from Paud Road to Yerwada), we changed a couple of drivers due to their bad driving and set down rules with Admin and drivers, which were followed subsequently. I guess most people just sleep on the bus, assuming its anyways a long road ahead

How about noting the registration number of the bus and the company it is ferrying for and publishing on Pune traffic police wall on FB or atleast within our own forum in "Bad Drivers - how to spot them"?
Old 11th January 2012, 13:48   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think as a solution, we tbhpians should circulate internal mails within our companies to urge the passengers of the buses to assess/ensure whether the driver is following traffic rules and not driving rash.
Once I was traveling in this company bus and the bus driver took a wrong route so I asked my co-passenger to join me condoning the driver, the passenger gave a dirty look and told something like "I donno about you, but I don't want to reach home late" and went back to slumber.

I wanted to retort "But I want to reach home, later than never" but never minded. There is no use telling people, they developed buffalo skins. You don't believe, when I try and tell bikers in my team to not to go on opposite side, they laugh at me, I hope they don't die someday doing that!

I may have become cynical, but teaching others is not that easy, specially when authorities don't give a damn!

Last edited by anilisanil : 11th January 2012 at 13:50.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 13:54   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Once I was traveling in this company bus and the bus driver took a wrong route so I asked my co-passenger to join me condoning the driver, the passenger gave a dirty look and told something like "I donno about you, but I don't want to reach home late" and went back to slumber.

I wanted to retort "But I want to reach home, later than never" but never minded. There is no use telling people, they developed buffalo skins. You don't believe, when I try and tell bikers in my team to not to go on opposite side, they laugh at me, I hope they don't die someday doing that!

I may have become cynical, but teaching others is not that easy, specially when authorities don't give a damn!
True.
At times I have an impulsive urge to put up posters across HJW - "Morons crossing from the wrong side", will serve better than the "Vaad-divasyacha" posters of Guntheshwars and the likes.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:04   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At times I have an impulsive urge to put up posters across HJW - "Morons crossing from the wrong side", will serve better than the "Vaad-divasyacha" posters of Guntheshwars and the likes.
You know what , I have exactly the same urge. Big neon signs even, which are unidirectionally motion activated. As soon people pass by the wrong side, they get a bright neon arrow pointing at them saying "This driver/rider is a MORON."
Or we can put up posters of horrific accidents so that they are visible at every puncture on the road.

There was this guy , a fresh engineer who joined our team, had seen him several times riding on the wrong side of the road without a helmet. So starting one day, I went up to him and asked him if he is sad about his life. He said no, and asked me why I was asking him this. My reply was "Because you were attempting to commit suicide in the morning". He said nothing , but from that point onwards, everytime I saw him, I used express surprise and say stuff like "Arrey...tu bhi zinda hai...? Aaj bhi jama nahi kya suicide theek se..". These jibes atleast got him to wear a helmet. Now working on the wrong side part.

@selfdrive : Hows your BP holding up now that you are in these parts ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks