Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 12:18   #991
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
So, zalaps. You moving into HJW or out of it? If moving into, where does your firm plan to relocate itself? As in, which phase?

300 aint too big a number as such. My company has started working on a 4 building SEZ in Ph4 which has a seating capacity of 20 -25,000! Imagine the traffic a couple of years down the line!

Time to save money and buy a horse, me thinks (at least I can cut across fields and reach home earlier!).
I'm Moving in again. Worked in HJW from Feb'07-Feb'11. Happydays were for exact 1 Year. Now moving again in Feb'12.

My employer is starting with batch of 300. Capacity is 20-30K. Place is Phase-3. I think It's easy to guess now! By the way where is Phase-4 planned? towards pirangut after ghotawde?
Old 20th January 2012, 13:23   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
ROFL!!!
Will have fun time entering the campus on a horse, what would the security check? Lift the horse's tail?? Holy horse!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I just somehow managed to stay in my chair reading / imagining this
I have long stopped getting my car to office. Cant really spend ~2 hours on road just like that. Why to drive when there is option to glide? So really enjoying the posts and rants at the moment.
Reminds me an old Infy BB thread on the security checks on Buffalo. Found the same on googling. Enjoy if not already! Infosys: Coffee>>Tea>>Cow>>Buffalo>>ID Card>> Training>>etc…!!! « ~

P.S: read from bottom!
Old 20th January 2012, 13:44   #993
BHPian

I dont know how you guys manage to drive to and fro Hinjewadi every single day! Just yesterday, I was in hinjewadi to meet a few friends and while coming back it was a nightmare. That, even when I made it a point to leave before the deadlock begins.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:25   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
I dont know how you guys manage to drive to and fro Hinjewadi every single day!
'papi pet ka sawal hai', comes to my mind. Me hoping to work out of city office from Feb and avoid this daily menace.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:37   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp
'papi pet ka sawal hai', comes to my mind. Me hoping to work out of city office from Feb and avoid this daily menace.
Is agree but I strongly feel that the infrastructure in hingewadi is not developed properly according to the requirement. The only reason why I was stuck on the flyover for more than 15 mins is because there were so many vehicles accumulated on a smallish road after a wide approach. Also the u turn after the bridge finishes should be strictly stopped. Lot fog traffic gets clogged because of that
Old 20th January 2012, 14:48   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Gee thanks man, we never noticed

The fastest way out of Hinjewadi is the direct route over the Wakad flyover but the road after that is so bad that it makes any time saved before redundant. Better route is to turn left at Mezza 9 and whizz striaght to the Wakad underpass and then highway. And to reach the city, the Vishal Nagar --> Aundh route is the worst you can ever take. Baner Road is much better.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:35   #997
Senior - BHPian

Noop, actually the Vishalnagar - Aundh route is much faster than the Baner route. You dont need to enter Aundh to head to the city. Bypass it completely.

Via Baner, you would still encounter maddening traffic at that junction that leads to Hotel Sarja.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:35   #998
BHPian

Ok, so we have special thread that is running for 67 pages on Hinjewadi traffic jam!!
I was posting in wrong thread. I am so proud that I am part of this most popular traffic jam of India.

I normally take left to Main Hinjewadi road at Wakad from highway in the morning. But while going back, I started taking road that goes from phase1 through Shivaji chowk to go to Wakad underpass. This road is really bad, but there is heavy vehicle traffic. Wakad underpass signal takes long time as road from mezza 9 also joins there.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:09   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Ok, so we have special thread that is running for 67 pages on Hinjewadi traffic jam!!
I was posting in wrong thread. I am so proud that I am part of this most popular traffic jam of India.
Welcome radek to the thread. Not that we discuss anything new in the thread. Its the same old sad story everyday of the week (ok 5 days of the week). But this is a good avenue to vent the frustration.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:16   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Its the same old sad story everyday of the week (ok 5 days of the week). But this is a good avenue to vent the frustration.
And to educate non HJW sufferers of your travails. Thanks to you guys we are adequately warned and aware for whenever we need to come to Mars. Oh, HJW

If not for Ojas, Swanand and Noop (no order in particular!) I am sure I would have had at least 5 incidents during one return trip. And thats before I begin talking about how much time I saved due to their recommendations.

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th January 2012 at 17:18.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:33   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Okay, so today is friday. Expect a mad rush on the NH4, and all roads leading to NH4 from the black hole known as HJW.
I am bored of commuting to Hinjewadi. My company shut down the last of its city offices last year. And since I am probably destined to retire from here, its a looooong list of cribs I will accumulate at the end of my tenure.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:54   #1002
Senior - BHPian

I can sympathise with you Sajo. I am one of those lucky ones who has his office in HJW, but don't have to travel there as my current project is in another office (far east of the city). My daily to & fro commute from home to office is 64kms & that too at not so peak hours (since I work in second shift). I thoroughly enjoy this daily drive. Had I been travelling to the HJW office it would have been under 30kms, but going through this looooong thread, I can just imagine what a nightmare it would have been. I thank my stars for that.
Old 20th January 2012, 18:08   #1003
BHPian

ScorpWarpQuote:
Originally Posted by subodh
I dont know how you guys manage to drive to and fro Hinjewadi every single day!

And I was one who left the job where my total daily commute (both ways) was 5 kms and coming all the way to HJW, and joining the rants here
What else can say more than "Papi pet ka sawal hai".

zalaps - that thread was still going on strong on Infy Leisure BB a few months back; I am told.

PS : I have not yet learnt to multi-quote so have to live with it like this.
Old 20th January 2012, 18:20   #1004
BHPian

I am hearing there is a big jam on the road to Wakad. Can anyone confirm? Sajo?

edit: Apparently there is an accident on the flyover!

Last edited by mmxylorider : 20th January 2012 at 18:31.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 18:25   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I am hearing there is a big jam on the road to Wakad. Can anyone confirm? Sajo?
Dammmit! Yes..humongous queue on the Mezza9 route. I am not expecting the Wakad Bridge route to be any different. Nothing is moving.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks