Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 09:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Speedy, what would be the total price of the car ? from the BSM article it seems like 17.5 cr is the price of exshowroom, does it mean, 10 Cr more so the buyer paid 27.5 crores total for the car ?
Exshwroom price includes,duties,so On road would include,registration\taxes and Insurance.(Just wondering,what this figure would be)
Old 25th June 2010, 10:07   #212
Senior - BHPian

An article in today's Bangalore Mirror - Bugatti lops Kashmir off, News - Latest - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 25th June 2010, 10:34   #213
BHPian

Quoted from the above link:
An automotive enthusiast described the drive after a speed test: “The tyres only last about 15 minutes, but it's okay because the fuel runs out in 12!”

Is there any truth in this statement by any chance?

@ speedy:that was exactly what I meant that since the company has set up a dealer in India it must have talked to the concerned authorities to make this car an exception. But about the tax thing, if only one car is sanctioned to India per year, then I dont think its a huge gain for the authorities because 10 Cr is peanuts compared to the revenue collected in taxes otherwise.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:38   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
An automotive enthusiast described the drive after a speed test: “The tyres only last about 15 minutes, but it's okay because the fuel runs out in 12!”

that is only at the top speed of 407kmph.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:40   #215
BHPian

Haha. Thats so funny. I bet that on the road that you pull the car to a 407 kmph limit, there will be no fuel station on the other end.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ speedy:that was exactly what I meant that since the company has set up a dealer in India it must have talked to the concerned authorities to make this car an exception. But about the tax thing, if only one car is sanctioned to India per year, then I dont think its a huge gain for the authorities because 10 Cr is peanuts compared to the revenue collected in taxes otherwise.
Its not an automotive enthusiast who said it. It was said by James May on the "pokey motoring show" called Top Gear. And as akshay has said, it stands true only at the top speed of 407 km/h.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Speedy, what would be the total price of the car ? from the BSM article it seems like 17.5 cr is the price of exshowroom, does it mean, 10 Cr more so the buyer paid 27.5 crores total for the car ?
What i was informed by the representative of the Dealer is that the car is for 7.5cr. The duty on the car weather you bring a brand new one or a Secondhand cheaper car (three year old car) is fixed at 8 cr and the registration is at 2 cr. This is the on road price as far as i was informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Exshwroom price includes,duties,so On road would include,registration\taxes and Insurance.(Just wondering,what this figure would be)
I was told 17.5 cr on road.

Quote:
. The way i see it the govt has made this exception as they do not expect too many cars to sell and so there would not be many LHD cars only a handfull. The duty structure has been put as a fixed cost that cannot be altered according to the year. Other supercar brands that are similarly priced to the Veyron and who only manufacture their cars in LHD are also approaching the govt to allow them entry into the market.

A car a year does sound peanuts for the govt as other taxes are much higher. This is added revenue for the customs dept and if you compare it to the 100 odd cars that are imported to give a duty equivalent to one car then it is a big gain. Now imagine the Paggani Zonda, Koissang CCX (hope i got the spelling right) and the SLR making their way here selling one car a year with a similar duty structure. 4 cars equals 40 cr in revenue in a single day.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:35   #218
Senior - BHPian

Can't wait to see pics of Bugatti on Indian tarmac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Koissang CCX (hope i got the spelling right)
Koenigsegg CCX You made it sound Chinese!
Old 25th June 2010, 13:44   #219
BHPian

@speedy

no offence brother it's koenigsegg :-)

"4 cars = 40 crores revenue in a single day"

but would they be selling a car a day?? all of them put together?? i seriously doubt that.
and I somehow agree that 10 crores is peanuts of duty if they are going to sell maybe a car a year.

another point to ponder - if an indian customer is paying more than twice the price for the same car, the least the company can do is make the car in RHD. that should be true even when the duties are not included. 7.5 cr. is a ridiculously high price for a car. and if someone is paying that much atleast the car should be made considering the driver's safety!

driving a 400 kmph+ car in indian conditions that too LHD sounds a bit too risky (not to forget a very expensive proposition even if there is a god forbid a minor scratch)

what say??
Old 25th June 2010, 14:01   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Can't wait to see pics of Bugatti on Indian tarmac!

Koenigsegg CCX You made it sound Chinese!
Haha nice one. Thanks for correcting. I knew i always get this spelling wrong. Koi (Someone) Sang ( with) Hindi translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@speedy

no offence brother it's koenigsegg :-)

"4 cars = 40 crores revenue in a single day"

but would they be selling a car a day?? all of them put together?? i seriously doubt that.
and I somehow agree that 10 crores is peanuts of duty if they are going to sell maybe a car a year.

another point to ponder - if an indian customer is paying more than twice the price for the same car, the least the company can do is make the car in RHD. that should be true even when the duties are not included. 7.5 cr. is a ridiculously high price for a car. and if someone is paying that much atleast the car should be made considering the driver's safety!

driving a 400 kmph+ car in indian conditions that too LHD sounds a bit too risky (not to forget a very expensive proposition even if there is a god forbid a minor scratch)

what say??
What i meant to say was if four of these cars are cleared on the same day of the year, 40 Cr is what the customs and RTO would earn and not all these cars being sold everyday. We dont have that many buyers yet.

I agree but someone i know asked Bugatti to make a RHD and they agreed at an additional cost but said it would be considered a conversion and no warrenty would be applicable. At 17.5cr plus the cost of conversion and no warrenty on an official car he refused to buy.

Now the fact is the company is selling you a unit at a cost what they sell at the international market, so no exceptions to the rules there. Driving a LHD in India is far simpler than a RHD car, everyone overtakes from the left as the person you are honking at or flashing refuses to budge. People even on the expressway will be stuck on the extreme right lane and driving at 50kms. Till the govt does not educate people for lane rules or set lane rules i would prefer a LHD. A strach even on an expensive RHD car is going to cost the same as its LHD brother. So RHD or LHD does not matter in this case.
Old 25th June 2010, 14:02   #221
BHPian

About time that this thread is going to be closed again.
now where to do find that picture that says
"This thread is useless without pictures"

I guess teh delearship and price related discussion can be carried on a different thread.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:55   #222
BHPian

Well 17.5 Cr will be the on road price.
The registration for fully imported is 14% so = Rs 2.38 Cr.
Insurance should be 5%.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:46   #223
BHPian

Hi Dante
Gone were those days when registration was 14%. Now it is18% in Maharashtra.
Which comes to 3.15 cr. thats a Rolls Royce Ghost, on Road.
Ridiculous.
Old 29th June 2010, 18:52   #224
BHPian

17.5cr on a car ... so what would the company provide as an extra apart from say a free anytime anywhere towing service.... say a W16 powered tow-truck
Old 29th June 2010, 19:15   #225
Senior - BHPian

Come on!!! Dont tell me nobody yet has been able to capture even 1 image of this car. Has to come out sometime right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks