Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 13:18   #1906
Distinguished - BHPian

There is traffic moving in a queue. Mr Toxic doesn't think queues apply to him, and not only takes to the wrong side of the road, but does so fast.

To be fair, it does not take an expensive car to create such attitudes, although it helps.

There is a widespread attitude: the right to be in front.
It does not depend on car price, power or bank balance. Drivers of modest cars will attempt to bully the car in front of of the way (regardless of solid traffic ahead) and some will take to the wrong side of the road. This can lead to trouble. A lot of power just leads to a lot more trouble a lot faster.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2020 at 17:50. Reason: Back to back posts.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 13:35   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Given the way I have seen the supercars in Kerala being driven on social media, its a miracle that we have only seen a few accidents.

I believe the driver of this Mustang is a young chap, hopefully he has learned a lesson from this mistake. I was once in a bubble thinking that accidents won't happen to me as I am a good driver, oh, well, a naive me.

Accidents can happen at any time, I always keep this in my mind as I drive, now. Try to learn from your mistakes as well as others, that is one of the major reason why I frequently visit the accident threads here on Teambhp.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 13:51   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Complete BS. Its very clear from the video that
a. He was overspending and couldn't control the vehicle.
b. He was distracted, maybe fiddling with the mobile phone or the ICE.

How come Swift, etios and alto braked but the mustang couldn't?
Heroism apart, from the second video it is clear that the decision to move over to the right was made last minute when it would have been clear that the mustang was not going to stop in time. In the first video, it is also clearly evident that the cars in front of the mustang applied heavy braking force since they are all clearly seen nosediving in the first video. End of the day, I don't think the Mustang would have realized why they were all braking so much in front as it may not have seen the truck backing up onto the road. I don't think the mustang driver drove in any rash manner, perhaps he may have been travelling a bit fast or may not have taken the other car's up ahead's braking seriously enough. The truck backing up onto a narrow KL road, ought to have deployed its cleaner boy to wave traffic to slow down IMO.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 13:55   #1909
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

There's a simple rule that we are taught when we start driving: when overtaking on a single carriageway, overtake a single car at a time. I believe this point is covered in Team-BHP's guide to driving on Indian highways. No matter what you're driving, this should not be violated.

I've driven a V8 Challenger, which is much heavier than a Mustang. I don't think the rules change when you sit behind a car that has 500 horses under the hood. I think the Instagram post is totally baseless. In fact, I believe you should be even more careful when driving such a car.
sdaityari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 14:11   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazed at folks making excuses for the Mustang driver. Two cars ahead of him could stop safely after the truck backed out onto the road. The truck backed out when the road was clear. And this guy went onto the wrong lane and rammed into someone minding his own business and driving in a straight line, and has the temerity to blame the victim. Help. Fortunately, no one died, thank God for that.
Hayek is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 15:25   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
He did what most untrained drivers do instinctively when they're going faster than they should and get caught in a tricky situation, try to swing around an obstacle just because 'I got the POWER!'.

His story is a load of horse manure. Ironic, given his steed.
Summarized his version of the story accurately! Inexperienced driver having an impulsive reaction to a situation that he created out of his own fault. Either he was tailgating the other cars or he wasn't alert. Tailgating far slower cars in a Mustang is stupid enough - as he has enough and more power to overtake them from a safe distance, just with a blip on the accelerator pedal!

I've seen his social media and I'm baffled at his audacity in pushing his own version of the story down everyone else's throats, not surprisingly joined by his band of brothers defending him with their nails and claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I believe the driver of this Mustang is a young chap, hopefully he has learned a lesson from this mistake.
He's a very young bloke, by the looks he's either finishing up his late teens or has just entered his twenties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
Might be the superlative feeling of having more power under the right foot could lead to "can overtake anyone at anytime" thoughts?
That's what I was thinking - that invincible feel that 'I can overtake anyone anytime!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Swift could brake, Etios could brake, so did Alto. But the poor Mustang couldn't.
Below is the drivers version of the accident. Not sure how much to believe as some points doesn't make sense except that he made a hero out of himself.
I'm confused as to whom he's trying to dope - others or his own conscience?!

Last edited by clevermax : 8th March 2020 at 15:37.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 15:38   #1912
Senior - BHPian

No matter how much we type here / any other forum, it’s the law, money, power, idiotic mindset that will make people like these be set free & they’ll quickly be back on road with a better car to put everyone else in danger.

There’s nothing much we as citizens can do but just feel bad for those who turn out to be victims for people who’ve no regard for others safety on / off road. His post proves it! He’s already blamed the other person who was driving on the road instead of blaming himself which shows that his guardian angels behind telling him how to twist this in the other angle and also takes pride in calling himself an expert driver!

God bless India!

Regards

RV
Old 8th March 2020, 15:47   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Just to take a farce side of the accident, the Mustang did turn to a Cobra with its hood open. The video clearly shows the Mustang overtaking at the wrong side, the gap tightens from what I can see, then the Mustang turns to a Cobra.

The guy is truly lucky to be alive. But, as with all these, the case will be closed in no time, as if it were never happened. I do see some blood splattered on the trucks fascia, hope none is seriously injured .

Sad indeed!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:15   #1914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I don't think the Mustang would have realized why they were all braking so much in front as it may not have seen the truck backing up onto the road. I don't think the mustang driver drove in any rash manner
Don't you see the contradiction I have highlighted? If what you say is true (and I think he just wanted to overtake) then that in itself is rash driving. Being alert to what is happening ahead and why is key to safe driving: all the time. And driving at speeds appropriate to the circumstances is also key. Key failures on his part.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:22   #1915
Senior - BHPian

A sad fact of crashes involving high end cars is that the occupants of such cars are much better protected against high impact crashes than the general public driving a bare bones vehicle. The brunt of it is usually faced at the receiving end.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:41   #1916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
A sad fact of crashes involving high end cars is that the occupants of such cars are much better protected against high impact crashes than the general public driving a bare bones vehicle. The brunt of it is usually faced at the receiving end.
Plus they're mostly better connected, politically as well as legally. I would like to know about the injured occupants of the truck. Can anyone share a link of their news?
Old 8th March 2020, 17:14   #1917
BHPian

Owner of “Toxin” has come out with a post on Instagram which starts off with the lines “Every vehicle before the accident was going at a constant speed, I was one among them.”
The speeds were surely constant, however not the same. If it were, the mustang would’ve done a better job of braking on time, just like the Etios in front. His next few lines try to justify the crash, by saying “knowing the strength of my car” it would’ve “pierced” the Etios. And him swerving right and hitting the truck was portrayed as a sacrifice, rather than a mistake.

He implied that he did not want to crash into the Etios and potentially injure them, but it was fine even if the truck took his life. Clearly to gain sympathy from the followers, COMPLETELY staying away from the facts like him going much faster than the other cars and driving recklessly, trying to overtake on a road that does not permit it. He should not be allowed to drive just by virtue of his justification of the accident and not just the driving

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2020 at 18:00. Reason: Spaced out the post for better readability. Thanks.
Pegasus1134 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 17:45   #1918
BHPian

If this would have happened in Hyderabad, the driver would have gone behind the bars, license would have cancelled and his social media handles would have got suspended .. Why Kerala police and authorities are so slow. Should have picked up this moron, in no matter of time .. He is negatively influencing lot of youths ..
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 18:00   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
If this would have happened in Hyderabad, the driver would have gone behind the bars, license would have cancelled and his social media handles would have got suspended .. Why Kerala police and authorities are so slow. Should have picked up this moron, in no matter of time .. He is negatively influencing lot of youths ..
Let us not so quickly forget the Polo GTI incident in the said Hyderabad, where even after a fatality was caused, the driver had been let go after blaming the design of the flyover. Which comparatively is a MUCH more severe case than this. There is little that the police is able to do when there are certain orders from higher ups.
Pegasus1134 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 18:47   #1920
Senior - BHPian

I can bet my whole net worth (which must be definitely less than the cost of the Mustang) that this loser (and others like him) is not going to learn any lessons from this episode, cocooned in his entitled parallel universe. Neither is he going to get any punishment in proportion to his imbecility. That's why even though it may seem harsh, I truly wish that he had landed up in hospital for a couple of months with more than a few broken bones, and later on been capable of manouvering only an electric wheelchair.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks