Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 15:46   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

In continuation to my comparison report of Bonnie vs. Versys

Here are couple of my favorite images of each motorcycle in their honor
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7463.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7464.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:02   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
Not trying to be negative, but trying to understand how would you manage any tyre punctures (if at all) when you are out on such off-roading adventures?
You asked me this question and it happened

I had gone for a short city spin a couple of days ago after checking air pressure and next day I notice this mammoth nail in the rear tyre

Requested our watchman to go fetch the friendly neighborhood puncture fella who came come and fixed the puncture using the tubeless method

Damages : INR 200

Look at the size of the nail

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-1.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender.jpg

Solution

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-2.jpg

P.S: How does one avoid punctures? I mean it happens without any warning anywhere at anytime. I dont believe in using slime in the tyres as they mess with handling

Disappointed that tyre punctured at such an early juncture !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:30   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I had gone for a short city spin a couple of days ago after checking air pressure and next day I notice this mammoth nail in the rear tyre

Requested our watchman to go fetch the friendly neighborhood puncture fella who came come and fixed the puncture using the tubeless method

Damages : INR 200

Look at the size of the nail

Attachment 1548664

Attachment 1548665

Solution

Attachment 1548666

P.S: How does one avoid punctures? I mean it happens without any warning anywhere at anytime. I dont believe in using slime in the tyres as they mess with handling

Avi..This is a very crude way of getting a puncture adressed for a tubeless tyre..that too, yours is a huge bike.
There is something called Mushroom Puncture kit..and Loctite makes them available in India through Michelin Tyre stores.Please get this done asap.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:54   #319
CGB
BHPian

Quote:

Avi, Please do a Mushroom puncture seal ASAP. This seal can damage your tyre.
All these seals are made with natural fibres and in time they abosrb water and deform the structure of the tyre.
Please go to a well renowed tyre dealer, remove the wheel and carefully unplug the present one.
Make sure that they dont make the present one bigger before plugging with new filling.
The new plug must be in white and blue one or black with a plastic cover over it and you can decipher it as SYNTHETIC PLUG which is safe for your tyres.

Sorry for too much Bold and Underline, Because it is as important and I lost my Metzelers in this way
CGB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 13:39   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
There is something called Mushroom Puncture kit..and Loctite makes them available in India through Michelin Tyre stores.Please get this done asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Avi, Please do a Mushroom puncture seal ASAP. This seal can damage your tyre.
All these seals are made with natural fibres and in time they abosrb water and deform the structure of the tyre.
Please go to a well renowed tyre dealer, remove the wheel and carefully unplug the present one.
Make sure that they dont make the present one bigger before plugging with new filling.
Thanks Guys! I know it's a crude way of dealing with a puncture but, I was helpless as I needed it fixed when bike was parked at home

Will get the Mushroom puncture seal done ASAP as I have not touched the bike since that puncture is fixed

Any idea how much the kit costs as the fix seems simple and can be done by self

Also, why you should the tyre be removed? It can be done with the wheel as is? isn't it?

Quote:
The new plug must be in white and blue one or black with a plastic cover over it and you can decipher it as SYNTHETIC PLUG which is safe for your tyres.
Old 30th August 2016, 13:48   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, why you should the tyre be removed? It can be done with the wheel as is? isn't it?
Avi..Wheel has to be removed as the inner surface of the tyre has to be buffed and then the mushroom patch will be inserted so that it sticks to the tyre surface properly and seals the puncture.
It will cost about Rs.300 and Ashoka Wheels can do it.
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 14:32   #322
BANNED

Mobike008 which LED's these are, where to procure and how much, also your inputs on their long distance throw.
I am looking for something in the range of 200-250 meters throw.
Old 30th August 2016, 15:13   #323
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Avi..Wheel has to be removed as the inner surface of the tyre has to be buffed and then the mushroom patch will be inserted so that it sticks to the tyre surface properly and seals the puncture.
Exact as what Hillram mentioned He is spot on. It's a safer bet while doing high speed runs and results in no further leaks.
Old 30th August 2016, 16:00   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Mobike008 which LED's these are, where to procure and how much, also your inputs on their long distance throw.
I am looking for something in the range of 200-250 meters throw.
All the details are shared some posts before in this thread along with pictures of light throw etc.

Quote:
Exact as what Hillram mentioned He is spot on. It's a safer bet while doing high speed runs and results in no further leaks.
Quote:
Thanks Ram! But, this cannot be a quick solution if tyre has to be removed.

I was thinking of buying this kit and carry it along with me when doing long distance riding. If it necessitates wheel removal then it's useful only with professional help and cannot be undertaken by any puncture guy on the highway
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 17:10   #325
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of buying this kit and carry it along with me when doing long distance riding. If it necessitates wheel removal then it's useful only with professional help and cannot be undertaken by any puncture guy on the highway
Avi, you can carry a puncture kit and seal a puncture by yourself. Just carry the necessary tools and synthetic plug with you
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 23:58   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Where can we buy this Kit. Any link online so that I can also buy it for my bike.
Old 31st August 2016, 11:17   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Where can we buy this Kit. Any link online so that I can also buy it for my bike.
This is one kit that you can consider buying. One of the Versys owner bought this from Motousher but, he is yet to use it

http://www.amazon.in/Stop-Tyre-Plugg...oom+tire+plugs

Guys, do you recommend I buy this and keep it when doing long distance riding?
Old 31st August 2016, 16:30   #328
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, do you recommend I buy this and keep it when doing long distance riding?
Go for it. Will be helpful in uncertain conditions
Purchase along with this:

http://www.amazon.in/ResQTech-RSQ-AC101-Micro-Tyre-Inflator/dp/B00UL4I8SG/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1472640946&sr= 1-2&keywords=resqtech
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 17:15   #329
Senior - BHPian

Pushing the pointy thing in the tire needs a lot of strength than one imagines. In one of the last punctures, I tried to do it on my last motorcycle's tyres in a tyrewalla shop, and just couldn't get in in the tire. I had to take help of that tirewalla.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:17   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the best and most comprehensive review of the Versys 650.

And, the icing on the cake is it's a simple read with a nice humorous tinge to it

http://motohive.in/kawasaki-versys-650-review/
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks