Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 22:50   #421
Team-BHP Support

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congratulations on your V,
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
But I have already started searching for accessories (protection stuff first - then other accessories).
One thing I've noticed is that even experienced riders are dropping the bike at parking speeds. High saddle height and the overall heavy nature of the bike is to be blamed here. That's why I added the engine guard first. Options available were Hepco Becker, SW Motech (offers very little coverage), Dimotiv (Good coverage, but hard to get in India).

Frankly the hand Guard was mainly for show as wife loved it, but it does provide a good amount of protection from Bangalore winter. Also planning to add fork and swingarm sliders soon.

Would suggest you not to order anything nor confuse yourself till you get into the Versys whatsapp group, once you book the bike. With almost a hundred members there already, there is a huge repository of knowledge to be had.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:04   #422
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Congrats Crazy Driver on your new purchase..The Versys. Ride Safe & Have Fun.

I agree on accessorizing the bike, 1st preference to bike's safety (ofcourse rider safety comes without saying) like Frame sliders, Engine Guard, Radiator guard. And all the rest can wait.
idpsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 18:49   #423
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the bike Crazy Driver, ride safe and do give it sometime so that you get comfy with the bike. It will take couple of 1000 kms after the run in. Ensure you wear good gear including grippy shoes and always be very conscious when you keep your foot down. This will help in keeping the bike pointed right

Yenjay the riding!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:07   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Frankly the hand Guard was mainly for show as wife loved it, but it does provide a good amount of protection from Bangalore winter.
Not just from the winter cold, when you ride on the highways and when you are behind a truck, it does protect from the small stones/pebbles which get thrown up and it can still cause a little hurt in-spite of all the glove protection. Show definitely yes, but a little protection too
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 20:05   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Not just from the winter cold, when you ride on the highways and when you are behind a truck, it does protect from the small stones/pebbles which get thrown up and it can still cause a little hurt in-spite of all the glove protection. Show definitely yes, but a little protection too
Have you experienced a slight increase in vibration in the handlebar after installing the handguard or have the vibes remained the same?
Old 20th December 2016, 20:36   #426
BHPian

Vibes are same... No change. Even I have installed Barkbuster Storm hand guards.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 20:37   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Hand guards are very useful. Traditionally they were used in offroad circles to deflect branches and bushes from hitting your hands as you rode down narrow forest paths.

I consider them more useful if you happen to end up brushing against another vehicle at speed. The metal spline/backbone plays a very important role.

When you tip over, the hand guards help ensure that your levers dont snap off and break (has happened to many folks).

@Karthik, if you have vibrations, the install probably hasn't been done right (or else you would have seen complaints from versys owners all around the world). Bark busters if I am not mistaken comes with its own bar end weights.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 11:10   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Vibes are same... No change. Even I have installed Barkbuster Storm hand guards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hand guards are very useful. Traditionally they were used in offroad circles to deflect branches and bushes from hitting your hands as you rode down narrow forest paths.When you tip over, the hand guards help ensure that your levers dont snap off and break (has happened to many folks).

@Karthik, if you have vibrations, the install probably hasn't been done right (or else you would have seen complaints from versys owners all around the world). Bark busters if I am not mistaken comes with its own bar end weights.
Completely agree with you. Honestly speaking I too bought the handguards more for show than real go....But, ever since I installed I realized its important as quoted by the above V riders

1. Most important use is the stone or chips that fly from other bikes or vehicles do not hit you at all. Previously I got knocked by quite a few stones from the Speed Tripple that I was riding with and had mentioned this incident too in my ride report

2. It helps in protecting you from cold (not in our country) and wind blast. Wind gets deflected away and you can really feel the difference

Also, I chose the VPS over Storm because they look really stylish even though the storm coverage area is more. But, style is also important to some extent

Quote:
Originally Posted by onaversys View Post
Have you experienced a slight increase in vibration in the handlebar after installing the handguard or have the vibes remained the same?
Karthik : Zilch vibrations after installing the Barkbusters VPS which is the same model you have too. Hope Arif removed the old weights from the bar end and installed the bar end weights that come with VPS?

However, I had installed a local 2K worth cheap hand-guards and they took the entire riding pleasure out as they were vibrating like hell after 100kmph

Advice to all future hand-guard buyers. Buy only the Barkbusters and not invest in some local cheap ones

C_D : When is your ownership review coming up?

Dont make us wait for an eternity. I gave up hopes on Redliner and other V owners as they believe in riding more and talking less here (unlike me....LOL !!!)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 11:14   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Completely agree with you. Honestly speaking I too bought the handguards more for show than real go....But, ever since I installed I realized its important as quoted by the above V riders
Mobike. I dont own a V. I ride a humble RTR.

Quote:
C_D : When is your ownership review coming up?

Dont make us wait for an eternity. I gave up hopes on Redliner and other V owners as they believe in riding more and talking less here (unlike me....LOL !!!)
He doesn't seem to get off the bike, no response to WhatsApp messages too.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 14:36   #430
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Dear mobike. what you said is correct. Most of us who got hands on the V are finding it difficult to get out of the saddle.

My V arrived in November 8th and already completed first service. Odo now reads 2500 km.

Did around four breakfast rides, all in the range of 200 kms with pillion. one 1000 km ride in two days too.

All these rides simply proves these facts right

1. This is a mile muncher and the rider is super comfortable. The fact that we can stand on the foot pegs makes up for a stretching while on the move. (I advice to do this only in deserted places since otherwise people will think that we are pulling of a stunt)

2. This bike is really pillion friendly. Getting on to the pillion seat is slightly difficult as one has to climb on the foot pegs first. Once on the saddle, pillion can just enjoy the ride. My wife was actually feeling sleepy when she was riding pillion because it is almost car like.

3. Vibrations occur in the fairing area. If we try to correct it, another source pops up. So i am learning to live with it.

4. This machine is really powerful and clearly hides the speed we are riding. Hence the rider should be super careful for not exceeding sane speed depending on the roads one rides

5. I am using it as my daily ride to office, thanks to its easy nature to ride through the traffic. Absolutely no heat at all from the engine. the slow speed ride is pretty much jerk free.

I added the barkbusters storm handguard. Other accessories will be added in due course. Already has all the riding gear for me. need to buy for my son also since he also now wants to ride pillion.

Thanks once again to Avi for his thread which was one of the major reasons for me to select the V 650 when I started contemplating about a super bike.

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_5517.jpg
sps is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:34   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Dear mobike. what you said is correct. Most of us who got hands on the V are finding it difficult to get out of the saddle.

Thanks once again to Avi for his thread which was one of the major reasons for me to select the V 650 when I started contemplating about a super bike.
Thanks Subodh for your kind words...I'm glad or rather happy that I was able to convince so many folks in buying a Versys.

I think an alternate profession is waiting for me...That of a motorcycle salesman

Yes, I can see that people are buying Versys every other day going by the alarming new additions each day.

Keep riding and look forward to your ownership thread whenever you are ready
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 22:40   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
Congrats Crazy Driver on your new purchase..
Thank you. Glad I decided on the Versys rather than the mighty Z, since I particularly love the relaxed riding stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulations on the bike Crazy Driver, ride safe and do give it sometime so that you get comfy with the bike. It will take couple of 1000 kms after the run in. Ensure you wear good gear including grippy shoes and always be very conscious when you keep your foot down. This will help in keeping the bike pointed right

Yenjay the riding!
Thank you.

Riding gear has been purchased and includes MT Revenge helmet, Dainese Tex mesh jacket with added spine armour, Rynox riding pants, Mototech bulwark knee guard and TBG full gauntlet gloves. Boot is still pending for next budget, and currently using my trusted Woodlands. Since the bike is mostly for weekend fun, I'll try not to break the ATGATT rule.

Quote:
Quote:
He doesn't seem to get off the bike, no response to WhatsApp messages too.
Yes. True. Didn't think from that angle yet.

Ooops! Noted the message KP, but missed to reply since I get a fresh new phone everyday, courtesy from wife, as you know. The two Versys groups (Pan India and Bangalore) have added almost 500 messages per day to Whatsapp. So struggling to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onaversys View Post
Nothing too noticeable for me. That said, the OE bar and weights felt heavier than the ones that came with Barkbusters.

Quote:
Also, I chose the VPS over Storm because they look really stylish even though the storm coverage area is more. But, style is also important to some extent
And I went for Storm because it looked more elegant and OEM. To each his own!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st December 2016 at 22:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:27   #433
BHPian

Quote:
YES! I succumbed to another helmet and this time it's none other than the lovely "Bell RS-1 Speed Hi-Viz" which is their top-line helmet which is SNELL & DOT rated

The decision was easy primarily due to a mouth watering price of a helmet that otherwise retails for $400 in USA and INR 35K in India

Thanks to BHP'ian Onaversys to carry it back with him (He got one Bell RS-1 for himself too)....
I've been using this helmet for the past year and a half. Even i got it for a sweet closeout deal on www.sportbiketrackgear.com.

I definitely recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a high end SNELL approved helmet in a absolutely mouth watering price.

My plans on upgrading to a V is still on hold sadly :(

Loved your stories with the V, it's definitely making me think about hanging the boots of my 390 for touring, atleast
atul.ktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 07:41   #434

Heard that Kawasaki India is severing ties with Bajaj and going its separate way to sell bikes in India. Servicing will now be done by Kawasaki India and not at Bajaj service centre. Is there any merit in this news.
Old 27th December 2016, 16:04   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
I've been using this helmet for the past year and a half. Even i got it for a sweet closeout deal on www.sportbiketrackgear.com.

I definitely recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a high end SNELL approved helmet in a absolutely mouth watering price.
Thanks Atul. Did you helmet come with a photo chromatic visor or plain visor?

I was hoping for a photo chromatic but, it did not come with it despite the high priced category helmet

Btw, how much did you get this helmet for? If not comfortable to share here, you can PM me

Quote:
My plans on upgrading to a V is still on hold sadly
You can get the updated version in 2017

Quote:
Loved your stories with the V, it's definitely making me think about hanging the boots of my 390 for touring, at least
I think kids would sleep nicely with my story telling style

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyc_in View Post
Heard that Kawasaki India is severing ties with Bajaj and going its separate way to sell bikes in India. Servicing will now be done by Kawasaki India and not at Bajaj service center. Is there any merit in this news.
This is true but, since the dealership in my city is same so I'm personally not too worried about who will service my bike as the people would remain same. Thanks to the lord !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks